Star Wars: The Clone Wars Seasons 1-3 $24.49 Each, Season 4 $26.49 @ Amazon

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

These only drop annually and for a short time with the conclusion of each season it seems, so if you've been meaning to pick them up now is the time. Highly recommended series with season five being absolutely amazing and heartbreaking. Also recommend the movie whenever it's on sale as a prelude to the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa..thanks for the update! Been waiting a long time for the price to drop! S5 finale was amazing. Need to watch it more now that FIOS shows CN in HD!

Thanks op. was looking to get season 4 at some point at around this price. Ordered one. Now I just need to make time and plan a marathon of these four seasons I own. :/

I wanna watch this series but at this point I might as well wait until it concludes and get the eventual boxset or whatever bundle they come up with.

I keep waiting for these to go on sale and they never do, so I'm biting on all 4. I've only seen the movie that started the series & a handful of the season 1 episodes, but I have friends that rave about them so I feel confident based on what I've seen that I'll like it all.

[quote name='haywire69']Managed to get a price match at Target for season 4.[/QUOTE]

I'm only missing season 3;was going to price match it at Target but,they only have season 4 on blu.Would it be worth it to get season 3 on DVD for $18.with price match off Amazon or will it go lower?

I want the 2 seasons that I don't have. Was going to PM BBY but shocker they only had the DVD of Season 4. So hopefully this will stay up for a few days so I can get enough to buy them off Amazon or go to BBY and find copies to PM.

If you wanna PM at BBY you can just do a phone order. I've done that before to use my credit when I did not have time to run out to the store and I was able to use my credit. Ships free too. I may be doing it this time around too just in case the price goes back up tomorrow.

I am really wondering how far they are going to take the series... they are getting too close to Episode 3 in the time line now that the clones have changed into the armor seen in the 3rd movie.

[quote name='Burchamj']ohh got it. theres two versions. anyone know whats on the extra disc?[/QUOTE]

That was the Region B release (Europe, I believe)...nothing the U.S. release didn't have as far as I know, just spread over more discs. There were two releases for the U.S. version, the difference being that the initial release was in a digibook package and include several pages of artwork. S1 and S2 both had digibooks, but the current printing is now just a standard case without the artbook, like S3.

They really never do...I only wound up buying the first two seasons a while back because I was home visiting family and stopped by a local FYE, where they had both used for Buy 1 Get 1 50% off...both digibooks in pristine condition, too. I've seen season 3 for around this price before, but only once or twice; Amazon marketplace sellers generally have the best prices when these aren't on sale. Season 4, though...this is the first I've seen it on sale.

I might just take the plunge and blind buy all four seasons. I've seen bits here and there but never gave it a chance. I didn't realize how highly regarded it was. My soon to be six year old son has seen more of it than I have and seemed to really like it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I might just take the plunge and blind buy all four seasons. I've seen bits here and there but never gave it a chance. I didn't realize how highly regarded it was. My soon to be six year old son has seen more of it than I have and seemed to really like it.[/QUOTE]

It's a very uneven show: some episodes clearly pander to children in tone and humor while other episodes exhibit darker, maturer themes that appeal to adults. In other words, it's probably a good show to watch together with your son.

[quote name='bfett9']So season 3 never had a Digibook correct?[/QUOTE]
Correct. They changed the format to just a case and slip cover after season 2.

I've been waiting for a sale like this. I've got seasons one and two, so added three and four. In terms of watching I'm only most of the way through season one, so got a lot of catching up to do!

[quote name='rapsodist']It's a very uneven show: some episodes clearly pander to children in tone and humor while other episodes exhibit darker, maturer themes that appeal to adults.[/QUOTE]

I've found this as well. There will be a story arc for a few episodes that seems quite juvenile, and is clearly targeted at a less sophisticated audience. Then there will be another multi-episode arc that deals with some fairly heavy themes, and often feature impressive writing and visuals.

I personally favor most of the story arcs that approach the story from the perspective of the clone troopers. The recent conclusion arc for the end of season 5 was also very satisfying. I adored the mid-season arc involving the criminal empire of Darth Maul.

There is definitely material in this series that is worth watching. Just be prepared to have to wade through kid-centric "filler." Having some youngsters around to watch it with would be a big advantage.

If I hated the animated clone wars movie they did,will I hate this too?Am a Star Wars fan and clips of the show do seem interesting,but if its like the movie I'd probably rather stay away.

[quote name='Magiblaze']If I hated the animated clone wars movie they did,will I hate this too?Am a Star Wars fan and clips of the show do seem interesting,but if its like the movie I'd probably rather stay away.[/QUOTE]

I am almost finished with season 1 and I say give the series a try. The first disc wasn't too promising for me(except a certain episode which is amazing), but disc 2/3 have been great. Everyone says the series gets better and better and I can already see that progression in the first season.

[quote name='Magiblaze']If I hated the animated clone wars movie they did,will I hate this too?Am a Star Wars fan and clips of the show do seem interesting,but if its like the movie I'd probably rather stay away.[/QUOTE]

I think most people don't like the movie, including fans of the series! There are parts of the series that are as lousy as the movie, but more often than not it's heads and shoulders above in quality.

I agree with most of the comments here, Clone Wars is great but there will be the episodes that are geared towards younger audiences. One example that come to mind was an episode about a clone trooper trainee who was always making mistakes. However, this is still one of my favorite tv shows!

The show has highs and lows, but usually favor the former. Season 5 has been the pinnacle so far and I doubt the show will ever top it. They also use jar-jar less and less to the point that he wasn't even in this last season, so that's always a bonus lol. It also does a good job filling out the universe in terms of lesser known entities from the lore, so you might be watching an episode and have 'aha' moments.

Overall it's very satisfying and does things that I don't think many spin-off TV series do well: stays faithful to the material and some great writing.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I guess I waited too late...it's not in my local bb's :( oh well :|[/QUOTE]

Go PM Target, that's what I did.

[quote name='bfett9']If you wanna PM at BBY you can just do a phone order. I've done that before to use my credit when I did not have time to run out to the store and I was able to use my credit. Ships free too. I may be doing it this time around too just in case the price goes back up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

If you can't find it store try my advic above! Don't even need to hunt for it in store!

And now comes word that the series will wrap after this season. I have mixed feelings. I like the show (what I've seen of it) and look forward to going through the rest, but I am pretty tired of the Clone Wars timeline (even as this show has salvaged it versus the films). Early indicators are that Disney's tightening the reins and trying to get back to the central, old-school canon, which is fine by me.

Well Lucas had only committed to five seasons and it's fitting that the series end strong but I'm not happy that there's no Star Wars presence in media now. Movies take a while and having a show to keep fans invested in the franchise was great. I hope this is a sign Disney has plans to keep producing for themselves rather than squander the rights.

They should really take advantage of the time period between Episode III-IV. A prequel to Episode IV has huge potential for a ton of viewers.

bread's done
Back