Star Wars: The Clone Wars Seasons 1-3 $24.49 Each, Season 4 $26.49 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

If I hated the animated clone wars movie they did,will I hate this too?Am a Star Wars fan and clips of the show do seem interesting,but if its like the movie I'd probably rather stay away.

#32 Meelahd

Meelahd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

If I hated the animated clone wars movie they did,will I hate this too?Am a Star Wars fan and clips of the show do seem interesting,but if its like the movie I'd probably rather stay away.

I am almost finished with season 1 and I say give the series a try. The first disc wasn't too promising for me(except a certain episode which is amazing), but disc 2/3 have been great. Everyone says the series gets better and better and I can already see that progression in the first season.

#33 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

I think most people don't like the movie, including fans of the series! There are parts of the series that are as lousy as the movie, but more often than not it's heads and shoulders above in quality.

#34 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

I agree with most of the comments here, Clone Wars is great but there will be the episodes that are geared towards younger audiences. One example that come to mind was an episode about a clone trooper trainee who was always making mistakes. However, this is still one of my favorite tv shows!

#35 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

The show has highs and lows, but usually favor the former. Season 5 has been the pinnacle so far and I doubt the show will ever top it. They also use jar-jar less and less to the point that he wasn't even in this last season, so that's always a bonus lol. It also does a good job filling out the universe in terms of lesser known entities from the lore, so you might be watching an episode and have 'aha' moments.

Overall it's very satisfying and does things that I don't think many spin-off TV series do well: stays faithful to the material and some great writing.

#36 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

I guess I waited too late...it's not in my local bb's :( oh well :|

#37 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

I guess I waited too late...it's not in my local bb's :( oh well :|

Go PM Target, that's what I did.

#38 Squall_L_FF8

Squall_L_FF8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Price matched Season 4 at Bestbuy. Wanted to get the other seasons as well, but they only had season 4.

#39 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

If you wanna PM at BBY you can just do a phone order. I've done that before to use my credit when I did not have time to run out to the store and I was able to use my credit. Ships free too. I may be doing it this time around too just in case the price goes back up tomorrow.

If you can't find it store try my advic above! Don't even need to hunt for it in store!
Posted Image

#40 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

And now comes word that the series will wrap after this season. I have mixed feelings. I like the show (what I've seen of it) and look forward to going through the rest, but I am pretty tired of the Clone Wars timeline (even as this show has salvaged it versus the films). Early indicators are that Disney's tightening the reins and trying to get back to the central, old-school canon, which is fine by me.

#41 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Well Lucas had only committed to five seasons and it's fitting that the series end strong but I'm not happy that there's no Star Wars presence in media now. Movies take a while and having a show to keep fans invested in the franchise was great. I hope this is a sign Disney has plans to keep producing for themselves rather than squander the rights.

#42 Meelahd

Meelahd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

They should really take advantage of the time period between Episode III-IV. A prequel to Episode IV has huge potential for a ton of viewers.