CAGcast #316: All Heart

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

I got a good laugh out of the "Green Acres Maul" thing. I was just there a few weeks ago.
Posted Image

#32 Possumjones

Possumjones

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hey cag, I have been wondering about cheapy's pc specs? i was listening to 8-4 and they said DMC looked sick. at 200 frames per sec !?! so what you got cheapy?

#33 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

It was a great show with the exception of having to suffer through the exact same joke every single person in the world makes about THQ. "Cheapy you should buy this. You should buy this." I swear this was on every video game podcast that exists for a solid two months.

I don't think it was meant to be a joke.

Hey cag, I have been wondering about cheapy's pc specs? i was listening to 8-4 and they said DMC looked sick. at 200 frames per sec !?! so what you got cheapy?

http://www.amazon.co...9&creative=9325

So I am to understand that a documentary crew followed the girls along on the plane back from Siberia then just sit there and watched the 12 year old girls suffer and break down in the airport without offering assistance when they didn't know what to do next? It always amazes me how the thin veil of the camera lets documentary filmmakers abdicate any feelings of moral responsibility.

The one girl who was traveling with the filmmaker eventually asked him for help. I think she got it. Later in the film, another girl tells of the same experience at the airport.

#34 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

The handling of the playstation 3 was a devastating dissapointment ,disaster. IT started with the launch price. It was just too high. It is like udraw you really didn't need a focus group to figure that out.

If they were at least in the 360 ball park. IMO they would still be the leaders but the pricing led the non diehards to take a wait and see approach.

Sony choose to push thier blue ray but the jump wasn't as impressive for everyday folks likt the vhs to dvd. When they saw the games they was like Meh. Still to high.

Then you had the crazy installs and the horrible download speed. I recall brother in arms taking 4 plus hours for the demo. This was happening on multiple routers Nat changes ETC.

Nintendo fumbled the ball, Sony fumbled the ball it will be interesting to see what Microsoft does. And lets not forget the mother of all fumbles. The NBA live series. EA had such a following on that series that it took years of crappy games for the die hards to say hell with it. I will never understand the handling of that license.

#35 joyce_181502

joyce_181502

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

I finally got a chance to "wtb" Jiro Dreams of Sushi.

I was somewhat surprised that they could make a documentary about sushi and have it be interesting as well as include a B story about Japanese overfishing.

#36 just-joe

just-joe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

So disagree with Wombat. Amazing Spider-Man was awesome.

I think the reason for the movie was more about establishing Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/ Spider-Man along with the rest of the cast. I think if they started the movie with him already as Spidey, you lose something there. I won't ignore the dumb and pointless parts in the movie just like I won't over look the dumb and pointless part in the Rami trilogy. I like all of them (aside form 3) and I'm looking forward to the next with Electro.

Edited by Just-Joe, 06 March 2013 - 06:58 AM.

fs.png

#37 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Congrats on 8 wonderful years of the CAGcast Cheapy! It's one of the staples during my week, so I thank you for giving me a quality piece of entertainment to look forward to week after week.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#38 mikeyzerog

mikeyzerog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

I really enjoy this show. I always like hearing about Cheapy's lifestyle in Japan (I'm a bit jealous because I'm very fond of Japan after living there for a year) and about his family life.

I was hoping you guys would talk about Metal Gear Rising. I've played the demo a few times already. I can't remember if you guys talked about it in the past; maybe you're just not interested.

My initial reaction to the demo was that it's just another button masher, but after watching a perfect playthrough of the demo online, I saw the potential of the sword slicing system. You can literally cut dudes into 50+ pieces once you get the hang of the sword. Give the game a chance if you haven't already.

That said, I still think I'll wait for it to drop in price to buy.

#39 mcprince006

mcprince006

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Great show guys. I used the Gillette Mach 3 for years because of the free one they mailed me when I was in high school.

Wombat, you might want to try the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game at Disney if you get the chance. My 6 year old and I had a lot of fun playing that when we were at Disney World last December. If nothing else you get a free souvenir and the lines are usually shorter than most other Disney activities.

#40 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Great show guys, unfortunately I have to side with you guys with how silly Spider-man was. Keep up the great work guy. I'm especially liking the Watch this Bitches segment and more pc love you guys have been giving.

Also, I would like to be entered in the drawing for the steam code/game.

test.gif

#41 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

There's a lot of excitement building for Assassin's Creed IV but I just can't get behind it. This was the kind of hype that got built up when Assassin's Creed III was revealed; remember how excited we all were that it was going to take place in America with a half-Indian assassin? I know I'm not the only one that was severely let down by that game so my instinct is telling me not to get that excited about IV, even if you're a pirate. I think making AC a yearly franchise has killed it for me.
Posted Image

#42 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

I would like the game ....Just a quick note on the standing room for hockey at least shipwreck could see in nashville. At the United Center it is about $30 and the seats in the 300 level block you view so every one stands at the stairs. It kinda sucks but a lot of cool people are up there.

Edited by paintball745, 05 March 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#43 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

I know I can run Super House of Dead Ninjas on my pc because I Constructed my own computer. I would like a code if you found this lame.... So if you don't give me a code you're confirming how funny I am.

CGL: 2014
2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009

#44 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Microtransactions aren't anything new at EA (and they reason I don't buy their games.) They started that shit back with The Godfather. What is new is that they keep moving that line closer and closer to being obnoxious. Kind of what Wombat was saying. It crosses the line when it takes you out of the game. Gamers have voted with their wallets and Dead Space 3 missed the sales targets EA had set for it.

I'd like the Steam code for Super House of Dead Ninjas too.

#45 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

It'll be interesting to hear how Cheapy and Shipwreck like the Uncharted-ness of the new Tomb Raider since they aren't the biggest Uncharted fans.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#46 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

EA and Microtransactions:

Spoiler

#47 Alcedes

Alcedes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

i'm surprised cheapy hasn't playing real racing 3 yet, it's actually really good. Ignore the reviews and try it yourself, looks great on the iphone. The only complaint is no icloud sync, so i can't switch between devices. The microtransactions are not that bad, i have 4 cars and haven't paid out any real money yet.

#48 aerotive

aerotive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Re the spinning 360 circle, they've mentioned this several times now and I wonder if others have this problem, cause mine's normal as far as I can tell. The circle's visible for about 15 seconds with the ethernet jack plugged in (so logging into Live) and about 5 without it plugged in.

About 45 seconds to go from power on to dashboard.

#49 betobuster

betobuster

Purple Ewok Eater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Like Shipwreck, I was also interested in streaming SNES gameplay. I found this video about streaming gameplay, which though from 2011, is still pretty relevant. It's not about SNES streaming, but gives some basic information:
Spoiler

My Twitch channel:
Spoiler

I used a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition. It does not come with composite input, but for around $20 you can get an accessory for that. The previous HD PVR had composite input, however with that version you require an AV splitter, as it won't split the signal to output it to your television. The version I have will, but outputs via HDMI. So, it will require an AV splitter for playing on an older tv set. Playing straight from the capture preview on your computer monitor will only work for games that don't require quick input, as there is a 3 second delay.

Unecessary details:
Spoiler

I used XSplit to stream. I selected the screen region of ArcSoft ShowBiz (software bundled with HD PVR 2) that displays the capture preview. I didn't mess around with the audio settings on XSplit. It seems that it grabs whatever is coming out of the computer. If you have your stream running in a web browser, make sure to have it muted. I deleted a video of mine, as it had an echo, due to that.

I am interested in the zombie ninja game.

The text is out of whack, because I got signed out while writing my post. So, I copied and pated it, resulting in weird colors and underlining that does not show in the post preview.

Edited by betobuster, 05 March 2013 - 10:07 PM.
Why is the text wigging out? & Making less confusing.

#50 VaultDweller13

VaultDweller13

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Super House of Dead Ninjas looks really fun from what I've seen of it. I'd love if they brought more Adult Swim games to the platform, like Westerado.

Also, the moment they started talking about hockey periods I knew Wombat would say something about periods and then he delivered. I lol'd.
Posted Image

#51 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Dear CheapyD,

Coming from a guy hairy as Fuck and face beardy as Fuck, I give you this advice on shaving. I have told a few friends that say shaving sucks and they all enjoy it somewhat now. It's not about your razor. It's about the shaving cream you use. Try Aveeno shaving cream (http://www.aveeno.co...eutic-shave-gel). Hopefully they have it available in Japan or somehow for you to get it. It's a bit more expensive than all other shaving cream, (about $4 American) but holy Fuck balls of dick castle does it work amazing. Gives you a smooth glide and makes you smooth as Fuck. You don't even need that much and I found personally it takes less swipes from the blade and doesn't give me that tearing feeling I get with other shaving gel/creams.

I highly suggest you try it, I've had multiple people switch to this brand and they're like "holy shit, my face is smooth as Fuck and it seems to work so well." just remember to shave against the hair and easy peezy. I find that some people actually enjoy shaving now because of this fantastic product.

Sincerely,
Hairy ass mother-fucker

Edited by AshesofWake, 06 March 2013 - 03:30 AM.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#52 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

There's a lot of excitement building for Assassin's Creed IV but I just can't get behind it. This was the kind of hype that got built up when Assassin's Creed III was revealed; remember how excited we all were that it was going to take place in America with a half-Indian assassin? I know I'm not the only one that was severely let down by that game so my instinct is telling me not to get that excited about IV, even if you're a pirate. I think making AC a yearly franchise has killed it for me.

Right, it was Cheapy's most anticipated game of 2012, and look how he feels now. I'm not sure why he is getting all re-hyped for a pirate and more eventual letdown/more of the same gameplay.

Shipwreck, since you counted the Vita Assassin's Creed game, you forgot PSP game Bloodlines. So is that 7 AssCreed games in 6 years?

Also, how are your guys razor blades not dull after 10+ years of use?!

#53 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Whoops, almost forgot to post this...

Show Notes

5:30 Kidzania / Cammie Dunaway (sp?)
8:15 Ship@Nashville
15:15 Wombat's dinner
18:30 Show feedback
18:30 - PS4 announcement stuff: PSN games not carrying over, used games, PS3 "disaster"
25:00 Watch This: Wreck-it Ralph
28:00 - Girl Model
32:15 - Argo
32:45 - Amazing Spider-Man
34:45 Read This: Raised Eyebrows - My Years Inside Groucho's House
36:00 New Releases
36:00 - Tomb Raider
40:15 - MLB 13
41:45 - Mass Effect 3: The Citadel DLC
43:00 - Sim City
43:30 - Castlevania 3DS, Naruto 3DS, Naruto PS3
45:30 Star Wars Pinball
52:30 Path of Exile
53:45 Super House of Dead Ninjas codes contest
54:30 The Bridge
56:30 Sonic Racing Transformed
59:15 THQ properties auctions
1:02:00 Assassin's Creed IV leaked trailer
1:04:30 EA microtransactions / Real Racing
1:12:00 Generation of Chaos (PSP)
1:15:30 Borderlands 2
1:16:15 Cagbag
1:16:15 - Sites posting the CAG Amazon code but not referencing CAG
1:20:15 - Hardware selling at a profit?
1:22:15 - Have ppl left consoles?
1:28:15 - Nintendo: software only?
1:28:30 - Nintendo and 3rd parties

#54 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

I would be all for yearly installments if the quality was upheld. But it hasn't been. III was just a turd pressed into a silver disc. I'm not writing IV off, but I'm not too excited about it either. I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude. I feel the same about the next Dragon Age and Mass Effect as well.

#55 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

I'm glad you guys touched on the PS3/PS4 "bleed over". I personally don't think devs are going to move from the PS3 so quickly either.

Its still a pretty sturdy machine, in terms of what you can do with it.

I'm not sure how it works, but do you think Sony will still sell licenses and dev kits for the PS3 for a while? I'd love to see smaller developers or people working to create smaller games for fun, who want to get access to a powerful machine that is relatively cheap to get into.

Posted Image

#56 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

What's with these dumb comments about The Amazing Spider-man? Unnecessary? Every movie is unnecessary. No one NEEDED 3 of the old Spider-man movies either.

Now I'm a fan of the Sam Raimi spideys, but ASM is my favorite one. Andrew Garfield is just a better Peter Parker (probably cause he's a better actor). The CGI was fantastic (that whole school fight scene with the Lizard was all CGI).
The action scenes were great, and I actually thought the crane scene was pretty climactic. It had a real "root for Spidey" kind of feeling. And they only showed the cranes moving for 10 seconds at most.

I don't know if his story needed to be retold again but I didn't mind that part of it at all. Superhero origin stories are still interesting to watch, and ASM did have differences from the Sam Raimi movies(like the lack of natural webbing).
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#57 MooseKnuckles

MooseKnuckles

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

Shame on Cheapy for picking on Wombat for his dated reading material, despite the fact that Duck Soup was made 80 years ago it's still a hilarious film that's deserving of a Watch This Bitches! Maybe if a mover and shaker like Cheapy D were to talk about it on twitter it would be part of the current social conversation! I will be checking out his recommendation. Great funny show as always, keep up the good work!

P.S. Wouldn't mind a House of Dead Ninjas code.

Edited by MooseKnuckles, 06 March 2013 - 08:00 AM.
contest entry

#58 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Great show as always guys. It's still amazing to me how much cheaper PC games are than console games. You pay a premium up front but then you have so many options. With the THQ Humble Bundle, Steam sales, GMG, etc. I probably have built up a collection of 100 games for a very little money.

Anyway, I'd like to a Dead Ninjas code please.
Posted Image

#59 Slim Fandango

Slim Fandango

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

So I've been listening to some old Cagcasts this week, and in episode #133 Cheapy mentions that he doesn't see himself doing the podcast or even running a videogame site past the age of 40. On the next show he walks back those comments slightly, but mainly with regards to the site and not the show. Now it's nearly five years later, do you finally feel too old to be handing out a business card with "ass" on it? Do we really only have 6 months of shows left? How much are you freaking out about turning 40 this year?

Also, if Cheapy did leave would Wombat and Shipwreck soldier on as a duo? Perhaps you guys could replace him with the return of Mrs Shipwreck. Great show this week as always.

#60 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

I would be all for yearly installments if the quality was upheld. But it hasn't been. III was just a turd pressed into a silver disc. I'm not writing IV off, but I'm not too excited about it either. I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude. I feel the same about the next Dragon Age and Mass Effect as well.

If we could get the kind of quality from the yearly installments that we got with AC: Brotherhood after ACII, I'd be all for this model. But unfortunately Revelations was a letdown and ACIII was even more disappointing. The tide is just not in ACIV's favor.

Personally I'd rather have Assassin's Creed come out one year and a new Prince of Persia the following year, but I know that won't happen ever.
Posted Image