CAG PSN Gamesharing #6 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22918 replies to this topic

#16501 gamerGirl34

gamerGirl34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Awhaaaaaaat? Has any other game ever done this?

http://www.joystiq.c...nday-in-europe/

"A Rockstar representative confirmed the news with Joystiq, stating that there would be no preloading in the US and that "it's not our call."

#16502 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Looking for a GTA V resell slot.

Haven't been on this thread in a while, but was fairly active here just before the PS3 5 to 2 console limit event.

Thanks

:wave: Hey, I'm currently looking for a share as well.  I want a resell, so if we can find the phantoms we're set. I can host, btw. Let me know if this works for you:

GTAV: 
Resell ($20.00)
1. breakfuss
2. Sir Qweirdy
Phantom ($10.00)

Any takers for the phantom slots??

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#16503 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

hey all, I got a few questions before I jump in on this PSN game sharing and thought you CAG vets could help me out..
OK so I'm planning on getting GTA 5 for my PSN account (main one- the only one I got) and figured I could share it with my jobless cousin. However, the thing is, I currently live in Spain for work and he's over in California. [we both have US accounts in case it matters]
1. Would this be a problem?
2. Anyone have issues sharing with someone over vast distances? (banned/suspended?)

Also his account has some stuff purchased before the system limit dropped from 5 to 2. If he deactivates all his PS3's online and then he and I activate his acct on our PS3's..
3. What happens to the other 3 activations?
4. Could he sign in on his old spare PS3 and use the older PSN content?
5. Like are the first 2 system activations can use the post Nov 18 2011 content and 3-5 systems just use the older pre Nov 18 2011 content?

6. and lastly what exactly are phantom shares that are being offered?
Thanks in advance!

1. Most likely not

2. Nobody has ever been banned/suspended for game sharing on ps3 from what I have read

3. Why is he deactivating his ps3? If he does it through his ps3 it will only deactivate his console. If he does it through PC all consoles lose their activations

4. If he deactivates through his main ps3 it won't affect the other ps3's

5. All content before w/e date can be used up to 5 ps3's. Content past that date will only work on the two ps3's that content was activated on.

6. Community members don't like it when this information is told to newcomers. Build up some rep here and once you are trusted someone will let you know.

There's an easy solution to your scenario. Just make a new account and put GTA on it. Then you both make a new user on your ps3 and connect the psn account to that. No deactivating of anything is necessary, and the content will be able to be played on your main acct.

GS Library: www.cagshare.lefora.com

A vouch from a thread vet/regular is required for entry, along with a quality donation of your own. Have your vouch PM me, and PM me what you would be donating before attempting to register.

#16504 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Awhaaaaaaat? Has any other game ever done this?

please tell me you are a beyond fan and that "awahhhhh" was the trademark noise

A vouch from a thread vet/regular is required for entry, along with a quality donation of your own. Have your vouch PM me, and PM me what you would be donating before attempting to register.

#16505 rpg

rpg

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

classic ep lol

47:40

Podcast Beyond: The PSN Lives!http://feeds.ign.com...odcasts/beyond/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#16506 Bigwig_rah

Bigwig_rah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Haha I'm surprised someone got that.

#16507 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

5. All content before w/e date can be used up to 5 ps3's. Content past that date will only work on the two ps3's that content was activated on.

If you have a 5 slot and purchase something today I'm pretty sure it would convert the Account from a 5 to a 2.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16508 jlazenby1

jlazenby1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

They saw amount of accounts with trophies earned in a game vs sales figures for the game and put two and two together (not an exact quote, but something Colin Moriarty of IGN has said a few times, and he's good friends with Sony CEOs.) The original reasoning for having it at 5 was that people could have multiple ps3's in their houses and want to use their account on all. Sony did the sales figures for consoles and probably figured that number was too high so they lowered it to 2. People who say they lowered it bc they figured out about this topic have a warped idea of why it happened imo. This topic is not even on sony's radar, and even if it is, we're such a small userbase that they wouldn't care.

Officially the reduction was for the upcoming PS vita, but every big game hits psn now so I think that's the real reason. Some who don't even gameshare play on other accounts to boost so I don't buy your trophy theory...

1. Most likely not
2. Nobody has ever been banned/suspended for game sharing on ps3 from what I have read
3. Why is he deactivating his ps3? If he does it through his ps3 it will only deactivate his console. If he does it through PC all consoles lose their activations
4. If he deactivates through his main ps3 it won't affect the other ps3's
6. Community members don't like it when this information is told to newcomers. Build up some rep here and once you are trusted someone will let you know.

There's an easy solution to your scenario. Just make a new account and put GTA on it. Then you both make a new user on your ps3 and connect the psn account to that. No deactivating of anything is necessary, and the content will be able to be played on your main acct.

1. no
2. google 8002A223 and 8002a227 Pravado? if you use PMs here they got no way to find out
3. you can only use them for content bought before 11/2011
4. yes
5. yes
6. he's got 60 feedback bro, he's no nub. Menewbe are you asking about slots people are selling or groups?

#16509 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

If you have a 5 slot and purchase something today I'm pretty sure it would convert the Account from a 5 to a 2.

The acct doesn't change, the content does. I've had phantoms where there were 5 slots and when I activated mine it stayed at a 5.

#16510 MrRosales

MrRosales

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

I've seen quite a few selling PSN cards this week.. does anyone still have a $20 PSN card by any chance?

Posted Image

#16511 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Officially the reduction was for the upcoming PS vita, but every big game hits psn now so I think that's the real reason

1. no
2. google 8002A223 and 8002a227 Pravado? if you use PMs here they got no way to find out
3. you can only use them for content bought before 11/2011
4. yes
5. yes
6. he's got 60 feedback bro, he's no nub. Menewbe are you asking about slots people are selling or groups?

I looked those error codes up. a227 is a 30 day ban for extreme racial/derogatory language, a223 is an error for a console ban due to piracy. If sony was going to ban for game sharing a lot of us would already be done for. it would be easy to spot when 2-4 IPs from different states sign in to the account back to back in a short time period. That's how microsoft nabs people.

Also my trophy quote is not a theory. It is a paraphrased quote from a journalist in the industry who talks regularly to Shuhei Yoshida. The amount of people who boost games in general is smaller than you think. If you consider sites like trueachievements and psnprofiles (which is where arguably all boosting goes down) only have 180k members each, and there are 60-70 million ps3 units out there...

#16512 jlazenby1

jlazenby1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

A227 or 3 is a permanent console ban, might be for hackers/cfw guys (+scammers hopefully lol) and not g.s though...
How can MS nab people when there's no gs?

#16513 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

A227 or 3 is a permanent console ban, might be for hackers/cfw guys (+scammers hopefully lol) and not g.s though...
How can MS nab people when there's no gs?

Yeah, the guy was asking about getting banned for game sharing. If it was game sharing the account would get banned not the console.

There is game sharing on xbox the same way it's done on ps3 (can't do phantoms though). One person funds an acct and two ppl download it. MS bans for it, considering it marketplace theft.

#16514 rams81

rams81

RAMiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

I've seen quite a few selling PSN cards this week.. does anyone still have a $20 PSN card by any chance?

SteamboatOperator had some, not sure if he still does.

Looking for a $10 code myself if anybody has one, had no luck in the code trading thread.

#16515 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

2 phantoms for Gundam Breaker ($7) HK version.

No one likes Gundam?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#16516 Raiborg

Raiborg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Upgrade from BF4 PS3 to PS4 for $10 using codes that come with the game: http://blogs.battlef...ade-to-nextgen/

No mention of whether those who buy digitally get access to the same kind of program or if the disc will still be playable after use of the code.

#16517 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Upgrade from BF4 PS3 to PS4 for $10 using codes that come with the game: http://blogs.battlef...ade-to-nextgen/

No mention of whether those who buy digitally get access to the same kind of program or if the disc will still be playable after use of the code.

I was actually reading some games will allow you to upgrade for free with PS4, haven't heard that with xbone though.

#16518 ScytheX3

ScytheX3

Fighting Game Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Acct: #1 / Make Me A Decent Offer

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Complete DoA5 Vanilla DLC Pack

Ultimate Sexy Costume Pack

Acct: #2    $15 Phantom
Urban Trial Freestyle
Okami HD
Tales of Graces F
Dishonored
Crysis 3 Hunter Edition
Crysis
DMC w/ Costume Pack + Theme
Darksiders 2 w/ Crucible Pass and Van Der Schmash Weapon

DLC

Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC

-Snow

-Jihl Nabaat

NFS Most Wanted Complete DLC Pack (4 of them + Online Pass)

Dead or Alive 5 DLC

-Hot Getaway Complete Pack

-Cheerleader Complete Pack

Metro: Last Light DLC

-Factions

Dishonored DLC
-Void Walkers Arsenal
-Acrobatic Killer Pack
-Arcane Assassin Pack
-Backstreet Butcher Pack
-Shadow Rat Pack
Anarchy Reigns DLC
-Bayonetta Character
Sleeping Dogs DLC
-Nightmare in North Point
Neptunia MK2
-Cave License
-Falcom License

Acct: #3    $8 Phantom

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Acct: #4   $8 Phantom

DMC Devil May Cry w/ DLC

-Vergils Downfall

-Costume Pack

-Samurai Pack

-Bloody Palace Mode

-DMC Theme

Acct: #5    $12 Phantom
SoulCalibur V
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
Dead or Alive 5 with All Following DLC Packs
-What a Character
-Special Set
-Kitty Pack
-Round 3 Full Set (3 Packs)
-Player Swimwear Set
-Bunny Swimwear Set (3 Packs)
-First Time Pack
Super Street Fighter IV DLC
-Ultra Shoryuken Pack
Street Fighter x Tekken DLC
-Juri Alternate Costume
-Ibuki Alternate
-Sakura Alternate
-Poison Alternate
-Lili Alternate
-Nina Alternate

Acct: #6 $2 Phantom

Fat Princess

Acct: #7 $10 Phantom

Catherine

Record of Agarest War

Max Payne 3

Acct: #8 $7 Phantom

Tomb Raider w/DLC

-Shanty Town

-Hitman Weapons

-TR Outfit Pack

Quantum Conundrum Full Game

Acct: #9 $15 Phantom

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Season Pass Characters

-Lobo

-Batgirl

-General Zod

-Scorpion

Costumes

-Flashpoint Pack

-Teen Titan Pack

-Bad Girl Pack

-Red Son Pack

-Killing Joke Pack

-Arkham City Pack

Acct: #10 $2 Phantom

Black Ops 2 Uprising DLC Pack

Acct: #11 $8 Phantom

Dead Space 3

Acct: #12 $6 Phantom / European

Battlefield 3 w/ Online Pass

FIFA 12

Uncharted 3 Online Pass

All accounts besides #12 are USA Created

#16519 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

omfG.

#16520 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Premium is also transferable.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#16521 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

The acct doesn't change, the content does. I've had phantoms where there were 5 slots and when I activated mine it stayed at a 5.

Not sure if we're talking about the samething.  If someone purchases something from the PSN store right now on a 5 slot account it would switches the Account to a 2.  If what your saying is correct my sister should still be able to access Pappa Rappa then which she can't because my friend is currently sharing my Account.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16522 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Not sure if we're talking about the samething.  If someone purchases something from the PSN store right now on a 5 slot account it would switches the Account to a 2.  If what your saying is correct my sister should still be able to access Pappa Rappa then which she can't because my friend is currently sharing my Account.

I was on a 5 slot account for some game that was somewhat new not that long ago put on an old acct, don't remember which. There were 4 activations, and when I hopped on it mine registered no problem.

#16523 factor747

factor747

Trophy Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

omfG.

Midnight launch, people!!!

factor747.png

#16524 Sir Qweirdy

Sir Qweirdy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

:wave: Hey, I'm currently looking for a share as well.  I want a resell, so if we can find the phantoms we're set. I can host, btw. Let me know if this works for you:

GTAV: 
Resell ($20.00)
1. breakfuss
2. Sir Qweirdy
Phantom ($10.00)

Any takers for the phantom slots??

Yes, this works for me. Thanks. Hopefully we find takers for phantom slots.

#16525 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

Yes, this works for me. Thanks. Hopefully we find takers for phantom slots.

I'd love to jump in.  But I would need a resell.  No one else should have to suffer through my horribly slow internet connection.

Posted Image

#16526 Dnipro Cojiro

Dnipro Cojiro

The name's Hartman, Tyler Hartman.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

2 phantoms for Gundam Breaker ($7) HK version.

No one likes Gundam?

I like the idea of Mecha but never found a good manga/show about it yet.

eRntJ5i.jpg

#16527 rpg

rpg

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

I like the idea of Mecha but never found a good manga/show about it yet.

Neon Genesis Evangelion :robot:

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#16528 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

I still count estonianbeast having 5 slots of GTA V for Tuesday.

To add to the good mecha anime/manga:
1. Gundam Wing
2. Gurren Lagann
3. Full Metal Panic
4. Code Geass (to an extent)
5. Eureka Seven
6. Big O

I am pretty sure there are even more that I am unaware of.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#16529 snakeybro

snakeybro

#FakeyBro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Gta is coming at 3am est? -_-  shoulda come out at 12 est!!   rockstar meant to say u can download the game at 3am est, thats not pre-loading! Pre-loading is when u get to preload it days before the game comes out like steam does. what nubs -_-

Currently Playing:   :ps4: EA UFC, Crimsonland, Sniper Elite 3, Blue Estate, Towerfall, Guacamelee! STE, Resogun

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Shovel Knight, Splinter Cell: Blacklist   :xb1: EA UFC,Titanfall, Guacamelee! STE, Sixty Second Shooter Prime   :ps3: Abyss Odyssey 

solidSNAKE231989.png

20140611-40611011-4gamer-003-1-thumb.jpg

#16530 mark77

mark77

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Not to screw up anyone's reselling but I have found that as long as you have the game, you can borrow someone's season pass, download all the content, and then deactivate without losing the content. This works for new maps, characters, and level increases

This works for onlines passes?

And about your sign, do you only have the 'Avengers Pack' for sell? Cause i'm looking for the others Marvel packs too.

luxo80.png