Photo
- - - - -

BB reducing ALL price matches to 15 days including premier silver.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

I know this isn't a deal, but this will affect all BB deal hunters. I couldn't find anywhere on the forums to place this info, so here it is, feel free to move/delete as necessary.

I just got an email from them about price matching, and in the fine print, it states:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Returns and exchanges will be accepted up to 15 days post purchase. Reward Zone® Premier Silver members will continue to benefit from a longer return and exchange policy — up to 60 days from the time of purchase.

²The Price Match policy for Reward Zone Premier Silver members will follow the new guidelines of 15 days following a transition period that will last until April 18, 2013, which allows 60 days for price matching to Best Buy's prices post purchase. Beginning with purchases on or after April 19, 2013 the price match will be the same for all customers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reward silver members can still return "unopened" items for refund up to 60 days, but can no longer price match past 15. Keep this in mind as i know a lot of us rely on this policy.

#2 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

This again...

#3 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

http://forums.bestbu...AQs/td-p/662050

#4 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

haha why are all these threads starting with "I know this isn't a deal"?

#5 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

What I the fucking motherfuck? Thanks op for letting me know. This sucks.

#6 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

I'll just buy whatever and return it with the old receipt if they won't price match anymore.

The 60 days to price match was a big reason why I bought games at Best Buy.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#7 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Maybe if mods decide to leave threads like these just add "PSA" or something to the beginning of the title.

It's not a deal obviously, but I have no problem with a thread like this as long as it's something that effects many CAGs. And since I have no problem with it, I guess that settles the matter ;)

#8 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

This again...

I wasnt aware this had been posted, its the first time id seen anything of the sort.

If this is common knowledge, then my apologies for posting something thats a waste of time.

#9 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

There was a thread deleted earlier, and there is also a thread in the Deal Discussion/Bragging Rights area.

#10 admiralvic

admiralvic

I wasnt aware this had been posted, its the first time id seen anything of the sort.

If this is common knowledge, then my apologies for posting something thats a waste of time.

I wouldn't say it was common knowledge, but the email they sent out kept many informed.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#11 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'll just buy whatever and return it with the old receipt if they won't price match anymore.

The 60 days to price match was a big reason why I bought games at Best Buy.

Exactly, it's just making returns and price matches a bigger pain in the ass for customers and customer service. Dumb business move, it was stupid when Amazon did it too.
Posted Image

#12 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

I wouldn't say it was common knowledge, but the email they sent out kept many informed.

Most people dont read the fine print :P

At least 1 person didnt know, so it was helpful to someone.

My apologies again.