OXM 85
joystiq 80

Upcoming DLC:

Caves & Cliffs MP Map DLC
Timed Exclusive
Source: Tomb Raider Blog
The maps include:

Scavenger Caverns
An extensive subterranean network of caves used by the island’s scavengers as an underground prison

Cliff Shantytown
This scavenger settlement was built high up on the island cliffs. Its many layers hide some of the deadliest traps on the island

The Burning Village
A raging fire has embraced an abandoned Japanese village, the burning buildings offer multiple ways to escape or engage your enemies

The Caves & Cliffs Multiplayer Map Pack will go on sale March 19 for 400 Microsoft Points.

Current DLC:

Tomb Raider Outfit Pack - Contains Hunter, Aviatrix and Guerilla outfits
*(These were pre-order DLCs) Pack is 240 MSP. Each individual skin is 80MSP

Shanty Town MP Map - Another pre-order/first print DLC 240 MSP

Hitman Absolution Agency Pack #1 - Contains STG 58 Elite SMG, Agency SPS 12 Shotgun, and Silver Baller Pistol
*(All available separately, click each) Pack is 160MSP, Each individual weapon is 80MSP. This pack is included with the Collectors Edition

Hitman Absolution Agency Pack #2 - Contains M590 12gauge Shotgun, HX AP-15 SMG, and JAGD P22G Pistol
*(All available separately, click each) Pack is 160MSP, Each individual weapon is 80MSP

SP Early Unlock Perks: (Note all are available via Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt.) All 80MSP

• Animal Instinct - "The Animal Instinct skill lights up XP-laden animals when Survival Instinct mode is active."
  • Pistol Silencer - "The pistol silencer lets Lara use stealthy tactics to overcome even the trickiest of situations."
  • Pistol Burst - "The three-shot burst pistol upgrade lets Lara unleash a hail of firepower on her foes"
MP Skins: (All are 80MSP)

Non-Marketplace DLC (For the time being):

SP Early Unlock Perks (Available Via completing the Scavenger Hunt Game)

• Agility - "A hardened skill. With this talent, Lara can scale climb-able rock faces faster and may fall from higher heights without being killed."
  • Head Shot Reticle - "The headshot reticle lets Lara utilize her weapons more accurately. When used with the pistol silencer, it makes for a deadly combination."

MP Skin (Available via the LE/Regular Guide Code Redemption)

Scavanger Executioner

[customspoiler=Pic]

(Hes the one on the Right)
329996_2.jpg

[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't got a chance to play the single player yet because I've been playing the mp. It's been really fun so far. Any CAGs want to play?

Just finished playing for about 2-3 hours. Amazing game so far. I completely forgot there was multiplayer. I'll have to try it out next time I play.

Just picked it up tonight although won't get to start it until tomorrow or Thursday. I tend to wait, but I figured with my 15% off at Target and the fact they had the steelbook, I'd bite for the rare day one purchase.

I think I'm halfway done now after
getting my Dual Pistols
(that's about as vague as I can put it), so 5-6 hours into the game I guess; might be more or less since there's no in-game timer from what I can tell >_<

So far it's been mostly what I expected, a checklist of AAA game tropes from this generation, both good and bad. There have also been some unexpected things on both sides. Good is that some of the major areas are open enough to encourage exploration, but they ultimately funnel into a single place. Bad is that there really doesn't seem to be any way to fail (die from) a jump that isn't scripted. Seeing Lara move horizontally for 10 feet to make it to a ledge is really ridiculous.

Overall...it's enjoyable. It's better than Uncharted 3, but that's really not saying much. But I really haven't seen much in this game that says 'this is a Tomb Raider game' to me. Considering where I am in the game, I feel like that moment won't happen.

you know what they say.

"wizout ze rope.. fear will find you." and then bruce wayne made the jump without a starting run :D

*cue hans zimmer music "Why do we Fall?"*

I'm really enjoying the game so far, played a couple of hours of single player but have not yet tried the multiplayer, probably will try a few matches here just to see how it holds up, definitely happy with the purchase overall already though.

FYI the multiplayer is terrible. Really not worth playing.

The single player is good so far (3 hours in) but not mind blowing or anything. It really is just a darker Uncharted, which isn't a bad thing.

I'm loving the single player campaign. Very addicting. I can't claim to be some hardcore Tomb Raider fan, so I don't know how much has been changed from the other games, but i'm liking this a lot so far. Tried a round of the MP last night...wasn't really feeling it. I'll try some more to see if my opinion changes, but I don't think it will. It's sad that developers are either forced to, or they feel the need to shoehorn in tacked on MP to try to drive sales(looking at you Dead Space 2)

[quote name='shotgunshine']I'm loving the single player campaign. Very addicting. I can't claim to be some hardcore Tomb Raider fan, so I don't know how much has been changed from the other games, but i'm liking this a lot so far. Tried a round of the MP last night...wasn't really feeling it. I'll try some more to see if my opinion changes, but I don't think it will. It's sad that developers are either forced to, or they feel the need to shoehorn in tacked on MP to try to drive sales(looking at you Dead Space 2)[/QUOTE]

There's a lot less of the puzzle aspect that was big in the earlier games. The combat is about 10 times better now though...especially over Underworld. That game's combat was so awful I didn't even want to play it. The optional tombs offer some of the old-style puzzling but they are super short. The 4 I've done so far only have one real puzzle each.

That said, I am really enjoying the campaign for what it is...a great cinematic experience. Controls are sharp, the combat & exploration are fun and the graphics are gorgeous (especially on PC). I played a few rounds of the MP and while it seemed ok at first, one of the maps (can't remember the name) feels so unbalanced in favor of the Solariis. My team of survivors could barely get out of our base before getting sniped by their bows. The score ended up 25-1 or something like that. I'll probably give it another go later for some achievements but that really left a bad taste.

I've got this on the shelf and will get to it once I finish the mass effect 3 citadel DLC. Everything looks really good so far though.

Finally did a match of the multi player earlier, like it more then I thought I would based off of what I read. I did a free for all though and ended up winning the match so I might be influenced by that a little lol.

[quote name='Killbomb']There's a lot less of the puzzle aspect that was big in the earlier games. The combat is about 10 times better now though...especially over Underworld. That game's combat was so awful I didn't even want to play it. The optional tombs offer some of the old-style puzzling but they are super short. The 4 I've done so far only have one real puzzle each.[/QUOTE]

To be fair Underworld was focused more on the puzzles, the shooting is almost an afterthought. I loved it in that regard.

The puzzles in this one you describe sound disheartening.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']BTW, to the people who have beat the game, how long did it take you?[/QUOTE]

Just finished the story on Hard with 95% completion and while Steam says I've played 24 hours, it's more like 20-22 with idling and some MP. I play very slowly though and barely used Survival Instinct so you can take 3-5 hours off that for the average player to get that same completion percentage. :D

[quote name='Corvin']To be fair Underworld was focused more on the puzzles, the shooting is almost an afterthought. I loved it in that regard.

The puzzles in this one you describe sound disheartening.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you go in expecting a lot of puzzles, you're going to be disappointed. There are 9 extra tombs I think and some puzzles as part of the story but it's mostly platforming, combat and looking for collectibles. I would advise anyone even slightly interested to at least rent the game though. It is one hell of an experience that I would rank up there with the best the Uncharted series has to offer.

Well the game is pretty much broken for me until they put out a patch. I went to load my save file today that was around 63%, and it kept crashing every time I tried to load it. I installed the disc to the hdd, and the save loaded up after that. I played for a few hours, then shut the 360 off. Turned it back on, tried to load the save, same shit again. I'm not going to uninstall and re-install the disc every time I want to play.

I asked for this for my birthday and it's killing me that I'm not playing it now especially all the praise it's gotten.

Just nearing the end of the SP and man. I am freaking loving this game. I do have to do a 2nd play though. In the midst of reading the missables, I skipped over the chatterbox achievement. Not too heartbroken over it though, I will have no issue with playing the campaign over again. :D

Yeah I'm close to 100% (probably finish in a bit) but totally missed out on the Chatterbox Achievement. I wish you could start a new game and carry over your stats/weapons. :(

[quote name='Corvin']Yeah I'm close to 100% (probably finish in a bit) but totally missed out on the Chatterbox Achievement. I wish you could start a new game and carry over your stats/weapons. :([/QUOTE]

Aww that's sad to hear. I was really hoping for that feature as well. Other then that I'll have to say this is the best game I've played in a really long time. This should be a must play for anyone who likes adventure,action, or platforming games.

Finally finished the game last night. Stuck at 99%. I have a single mine for Mine Sweeper I'm missing. I've spent probably 2-3 hours looking for it. I might have to break down and use a guide. :(

I got my 100% done. Started my 2nd play and got 2 of the 3 achievements I'm missing (the 25 counter knockdowns and the rope pull 5 enemies ones). Just got to
the beach area
so I'm getting close to getting chatterbox. Then onto the boosting with a friend.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']You're free to go back and find all the collectibles after finishing the story, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you are. It is quite easy though since you can find a map for each area that will show where each is located. Some of the GPS caches can be a pita but thankfully you can mark those and when you go into survival instinct they light up bright ass blue. :D

I must say that this game is as good as it is going to get visual wise on the 360. Honestly I would not have mind if they pushed this to the PS4/720 ... that's probably where the sequel is going to be.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I must say that this game is as good as it is going to get visual wise on the 360. Honestly I would not have mind if they pushed this to the PS4/720 ... that's probably where the sequel is going to be.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it won't take 6 years to arrive either. It is amazing to me that although highly modified Tomb Raider is running the same engine Underworld was made on.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Hopefully it won't take 6 years to arrive either. It is amazing to me that although highly modified Tomb Raider is running the same engine Underworld was made on.[/QUOTE]

That's both really quite impressive and disappointing at the same time... Impressive because the game is absolute beautiful. Disappointing because they obviously could have made a proper Tomb Raider game and not this. Don't get me wrong this TR is a decent game, I don't find it to be nearly as impressive as others have, but the big issues with TR have always been the camera, the combat, and the lack of people for Lara to interact with. This solved all of them quite nicely but pretty much abandoned its soul in the process. as the “Tomb Raiding” in this game is a slap in the face with its simplicity.

Anyhow, I haven't tried the MP and sadly I got it for the PS3* but it looks like most of them aren't going to give the MP an honest try... :cry:

* So as to have another game to play with my Uncharted buddies

[quote name='cancerman1120']Hopefully it won't take 6 years to arrive either.[/QUOTE]
Yup. I haven't actually seen sales for this game but I imagine they are very good. Like Far Cry 3 I'm sure they're going to get the sequel moving right away.

My only gripe with the game is the Tombs. They were nothing short of a joke and didn't require much thought. Hopefully they get some feedback and if they do more SP DLC, that they make more challenging tombs.

Also anyone else find it funny that when you completed a tomb that is says "Tomb Raided" :lol:

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']That's both really quite impressive and disappointing at the same time... Impressive because the game is absolute beautiful. Disappointing because they obviously could have made a proper Tomb Raider game and not this. Don't get me wrong this TR is a decent game, I don't find it to be nearly as impressive as others have, but the big issues with TR have always been the camera, the combat, and the lack of people for Lara to interact with. This solved all of them quite nicely but pretty much abandoned its soul in the process. as the “Tomb Raiding” in this game is a slap in the face with its simplicity.

Anyhow, I haven't tried the MP and sadly I got it for the PS3* but it looks like most of them aren't going to give the MP an honest try... :cry:

* So as to have another game to play with my Uncharted buddies[/QUOTE]

This is a reboot to draw in new fans. Simpler is better in that regard. They can always get grander in the next one.

Also the way they designed the game, the fact that the tombs are skippable is great. That way they can get more complex as the series goes on and it won't scare away people without the brainpower to pass them. Even people that love the complex puzzles won't hit a brick wall that you can't pass to advance the story, you can always come back to it later.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Also anyone else find it funny that when you completed a tomb that is says "Tomb Raided" :lol:[/QUOTE]Mostly I find it annoying and a slap in the face to long term fans... but if I think about just how easy the puzzles are I guess I could let a chuckle out at they're over excitement in completing them.

[quote name='Corvin']This is a reboot to draw in new fans. Simpler is better in that regard. They can always get grander in the next one. [/quote]

As you point out they are optional and in this day and age even the most complex puzzle could easily be solved with youtube... So their really was no reason to do anything less than grand other than CD/SE deciding that people don't want elaborate/complex puzzles anymore and instead would rather have combat every 5 minutes.

This TR got the same issues as RE and/or Dead Space series... They are removing their unique elements in favor of drawing, hopefully drawing that is, a bigger audience... I doubt we will see something more grand in the next TR game.

If the sales are there CD/SE will follow the same path we have in this TR... Lots of gunplay and easy puzzles and if the sales aren't there (which I'm not expecting, I think the game will sale well) than they'll decide that their isn't enough interest in TR and shelve the series for awhile.

I can’t say that their in the wrong here... Even the Uncharted games, which have always been lighter on puzzles than TR, have become even more lighter on puzzles as the series has gone on... So maybe their isn't a market for an Action Puzzle game anymore... but I would have been happier to have seen them give it a real try, even the best modern TR game, TR: Legends still had serious camera issues and well, rather weak gun play... If they had fixed those and it still didn't sale well enough I would be more accepting of the changes...

As is I still enjoyed the game enough to be glad I got it... but I don't really look at as a real Tomb Raider game.

So the "numbers" are out on US and UK sales for 1st week.

Across all platforms.

US 420,000
UK 252,000

For Comparison 1st week sales

Crysis 3
US 220,000
UK 40,000

Dead Space 3
US 386,000
UK 61,000

And sadly

Aliens:CM
US 353,000
UK 92,000

So it looks like a good start for TR. Hopefully the UK numbers mean Europe as a whole will be good.

I just looked at the Far Cry 3 first week numbers and it looks TR is on par with those sales. FC3 hit about 4 million worldwide as of now and the sequel is a go. Hopefully we see the same trend for TR.

[quote name='GUNNM']I can't find the sales for MGR[/QUOTE]

1st Week All Platforms

Worldwide 795,000 (PS3 628,000, 360 167,000)
US 285,000
Europe 110,000
Japan 319,000 (pretty much 100% PS3)

I am using vgchartz which I know is sort of a soft way to get numbers but I think in the end they are pretty close.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41329/Global/

It looks like it is over 1 million worldwide now.

[quote name='cancerman1120']1st Week All Platforms

Worldwide 795,000 (PS3 628,000, 360 167,000)
US 285,000
Europe 110,000
Japan 319,000 (pretty much 100% PS3)

I am using vgchartz which I know is sort of a soft way to get numbers but I think in the end they are pretty close.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41329/Global/

It looks like it is over 1 million worldwide now.[/QUOTE]Thanks I didn't understand how vchartz worked I only read the japanese portion.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So the "numbers" are out on US and UK sales for 1st week.

Across all platforms.

US 420,000
UK 252,000

For Comparison 1st week sales

Crysis 3
US 220,000
UK 40,000

Dead Space 3
US 386,000
UK 61,000

And sadly

Aliens:CM
US 353,000
UK 92,000

So it looks like a good start for TR. Hopefully the UK numbers mean Europe as a whole will be good.

I just looked at the Far Cry 3 first week numbers and it looks TR is on par with those sales. FC3 hit about 4 million worldwide as of now and the sequel is a go. Hopefully we see the same trend for TR.[/QUOTE]
wow, if the alien colonial marines sales # are anyway close to accurate to what you just posted. That is considered pretty good for that mess. I guess all the alien fanboys turn out in full force. LOL I smell another "reboot" of the alien game in 5-10 years.

[quote name='YBX87']wow, if the alien colonial marines sales # are anyway close to accurate to what you just posted. That is considered pretty good for that mess. I guess all the alien fanboys turn out in full force. LOL I smell another "reboot" of the alien game in 5-10 years.[/QUOTE]

They are close I think. It dropped so hard the following weeks though that both Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, and MGR :Revengence outsold it for Feb even with one less week for Cysis and MGR.

NPD Feb

1. Dead Space 3 (360, PS3, PC)
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, Wii U, PC)**
  3. Crysis 3 (360, PS3, PC)
  4. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)**
  5. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3, 360)**
  6. Aliens: Colonial Marines 2013 (360, PS3, PC)**
  7. Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, PS3, Wii U)
  8. Far Cry 3 (360, PS3, PC)
  9. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PSV)
  10. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U)

Pretty crazy Madden still top 10.

bread's done
Back