MGS HD, Silent Hill HD, UMvC3 (PS3/360?) $17.99 each Best Buy B&M + New Return Policy

fearMr.Met

CAGiversary!
dunno if it's a clearance price or just at my store (Wilmington, DE) but this was for the PS3...not sure if it's also the same for x360. Lowest I've seen it in stores...pre-owned price online is $24.99.

SKUs:
MGS HD Coll (PS3): 3166797
MGS HD Coll (xbox360): 3166581

Silent Hill HD Coll (PS3): 2688038
Silent Hill HD Coll (xbox360): 3457923

UMvC3 (PS3): 3088396
UMvC3 (Xbox360): 3088387
UMvC3 (VITA): 3967352

I did a search of it online after I found it instore today, and apparently it's been that way for at least 3 days. Supposedly at least the PS3 version is out of print, it not being instock by actual amazon.com, gamestop.com, walmart.com, bestbuy.com, newegg, etc. would seem to support that theory. That would make sense, why discount down another printing when you can force people to buy them piecemeal from PSN for $15 each.

edit:
Online stores where still available
$36.60 Fulfilled by amazon w/ FSSS, 5 currently in stock
$32.46, Fulfilled by amazon w/ FSSS, 0 stock remaining
$29.99, Kmart.com, free shipping with $59+ order, or 0.99 shipping if under - Also has the ability to check local stores for stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a link so I can see if any stores near me have a copy? I have $15 gift card to burn and this would be perfect.

[quote name='oasisboy']Is there a link so I can see if any stores near me have a copy? I have $15 gift card to burn and this would be perfect.[/QUOTE]

I tried the SKU switch thing and couldnt get it to work

Thats the SKU for the PS3 version. I guess just call and ask

EDIT: Just called my Best Buy (Omaha, NE store off Dodge and 72nd, the other west Omaha has 1 in stock) and they have two in stock. Got a $15 reward certificate waiting.

Loving these under advertised sales from Best Buy. Grabbing this and MGS4 for < 10. I will have the MGS Collection on Vita/PS3 and MG4 for around $50

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mars009']Dang I can't get the check store page to show up :\[/QUOTE]
I had to call. They can check the stock for all surrounding stores also.

Calling my BestBuy now to see if they have this. I wouldn't spend any more money on video games right now, but I really want this and $18 sounds like a good price to me!

This is my ideal price point but dunno if I could make it out to a Best Buy. Thinking I'll just grit my teeth and get the game immediately so I don't regret not getting it later in case the prices spikes and it being out of print is true.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I did a search of it online after I found it instore today, and apparently it's been that way for at least 3 days. Supposedly at least the PS3 version is out of print, it not being instock by actual amazon.com, gamestop.com, walmart.com, bestbuy.com, newegg, etc. would seem to support that theory. That would make sense, why discount down another printing when you can force people to buy them piecemeal from PSN for $15 each.[/QUOTE]

Or used, and then they get no money.

Good job Konami.

Just called my local store, and they don't have it either.

[quote name='MykonosFan']This is my ideal price point but dunno if I could make it out to a Best Buy. Thinking I'll just grit my teeth and get the game immediately so I don't regret not getting it later in case the prices spikes and it being out of print is true.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking that this might be the best way to go. All of my BB's near me don't have it in stock. Was looking to PM, but might bite the bullet and buy for $30.

Called Best Buy at the grove in Wesley Chapel, FL. No copies for the PS3, someone else had called and checked just prior to me. Seems like they're getting cleared out quickly, may have to check my local Walmart! Thanks to everyone for the heads up that this is OOP, I always wanted a copy so I need to jump on one fast! :D

If you find yourselves getting desperate, looks like Kmart still has it in stock for $30 online (free shipping with $59 dollar purchase) and the option to see if it is instock at your local store.

Thanks OP, managed to get one. There was still one left.

Forgot to check if they had any used copies of Metal Gear 4 though, doh!

[quote name='lydon']Yeah, no copies on an errand too![/QUOTE]

[quote name='guardian_owl']If you find yourselves getting desperate, looks like Kmart still has it in stock for $30 online (free shipping with $59 dollar purchase) and the option to see if it is instock at your local store.[/QUOTE]

Amazon atleast has it for 30$ too at the moment. If I can't find a copy at BB, i really might just end up paying 30$ or try to grab a used copy at GS incase it does end up being rare soon.

[quote name='Hemi']Is the 360 version the same? Someone check.[/QUOTE]

You can get it for $20 on XBox Marketplace as part of their Games on Demand sale of the day for Sunday. It's in two parts - MGS2 and 3 together and Peace Walker by itself.

I've been wanting to pick this up for ages, but I've been on the fence about which version to pick up -360 or PS3.

I primarily game on the 360 and only get exclusives on PS3. Is the PS3 version vastly superior? One of the main detractors I've heard about the 360 version is the lack of analog face buttons on the 360 pad, which this game uses.

[quote name='Abeja']I tried the SKU switch thing and couldnt get it to work

Thats the SKU for the PS3 version. I guess just call and ask

EDIT: Just called my Best Buy (Omaha, NE store off Dodge and 72nd, the other west Omaha has 1 in stock) and they have two in stock. Got a $15 reward certificate waiting.

Loving these under advertised sales from Best Buy. Grabbing this and MGS4 for < 10. I will have the MGS Collection on Vita/PS3 and MG4 for around $50[/QUOTE]

omaha eh? stay outta bellevue:cool:

[quote name='Praxis9']I've been wanting to pick this up for ages, but I've been on the fence about which version to pick up -360 or PS3.

I primarily game on the 360 and only get exclusives on PS3. Is the PS3 version vastly superior? One of the main detractors I've heard about the 360 version is the lack of analog face buttons on the 360 pad, which this game uses.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the PS3 version a while back because the controls felt familiar to me. Sadly I'm only 10% through MGS2. I didn't know that this game was going out of print though.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']dunno if it's a clearance price or just at my store (Wilmington, DE) but this was for the PS3...not sure if it's also the same for x360. Lowest I've seen it in stores...pre-owned price online is $24.99.[/QUOTE]

Was $15 (hand written tag) @ my local best buy last week, was gone yesterday when I went in for the GOW saga bundle

Thanks OP, went right out after reading this & grabbed what looked to be the last copy at my local store. :D After finishing Revengeance I was really in the mood to play back through these, and this is definitely my price!

360 version has better performance. But obviously since there is no pressure sensitive buttons on the 360 controller you have to put up with some pussy footing.

Also some re-recorded lines for different buttons/controls.

I don't know about the 360 version. But the PS3 version is COMPLETELY missing the reverb for sequenced music in MGS2. Take a listen to the basic actions music and it's completely dry. Then pop in the PS2/xbox version and hear the wonderful difference.

It's a decent collection, but they muffed up a lot of stuff and many could have been better. Cinematic games from that era have no business in fail/attempting to hit 60FPS in MGS3 either.(PS3 version of MGS3 frequently massively dips under 60FPS. Frequently to 40. Original game had trouble staying at 30.) They should've just left MGS2 60FPS gameplay 30FPS cutscenes and MGS3 all 30FPS. Would've been better off for performance and it would retain the series cinematic feel instead of making it feel like a home movie.

[quote name='musicman65000']Does anyone have a copied page showing that BB was selling this for $18? Would like to price match this. thx![/QUOTE]

I'd also appreciate this since my local stores are OoS.

Thanks for the heads up on it possibly going out of print, I went ahead and ordered from Amazon just to be on the safe side, don't have a Best Buy anywhere near me.

[quote name='Naterrs']Thanks for the heads up on it possibly going out of print, I went ahead and ordered from Amazon just to be on the safe side, don't have a Best Buy anywhere near me.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing even though I do have Best Buy's fairly close, not going to waste 10$ in gas an time to try and find it and don't want to risk the price skyrocketing if it is indeed out of print.

Didn't have time to check stores today damn it. Hopefully I can go grab one tomorrow.

Any NYC CAGs care to share if their stores had some left, so that it cuts down on the scrambling for me?

Got them to check all the local stores and none of them had any:cry: . I guess i'll save my cert for something else.

[quote name='RiPPn']I did the same thing even though I do have Best Buy's fairly close, not going to waste 10$ in gas an time to try and find it and don't want to risk the price skyrocketing if it is indeed out of print.[/QUOTE]

Exactly bro.

$18 +$10 gas + state sales tax =the same price as if just ordered it on amazon for $30

Literally as I will have to put $10 in gas. Unless you just want to play the same day or you pass a best buy in you're commutes is the only excuse I could see.

[quote name='tokyostomp']i have the 360 version, anyone want to swap for a ps3 version[/QUOTE]

so does that mean the 360 version was $18 too?

Local store didn't have any, didn't even have a listing for new copies.

Really regret passing on this at Target for $19.99.

Annoying thing is I found it at another Target about a week ago but it was MSRP (?!). I passed thinking it would eventually get cheaper.

I might give in to the hysteria though, getting scared it might be OOP and it'll be a pain to find a nice condition copy down the road...

FYI Newegg is $2 cheaper ($27.99), at least for 360.

bread's done
Back