Photo
- - - - -

MGS HD, Silent Hill HD, UMvC3 (PS3/360?) $17.99 each Best Buy B&M + New Return Policy

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#91 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

got the last copy at best buy today, sales associate said they aren't making anymore. was trying to score a 2nd copy for a CAG too :(

#92 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

LOL. I mean, he may not be completely wrong, but it's a guess either way.

They will absolutely make more, but they could be GH. Personally I don't think it will go GH, I think Konami's distributor just hasn't realized they need more copies yet.

yeah I take what he said with a grain of salt, just found it interesting its what he said immediately when he saw the game in my hand

#93 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I pointed this out a few months ago when Amazon had MGS HD for $19.99.

Play-Asia is pretty reliable too, and they had it listed OOP/OOS back then.

http://www.play-asia...en-70-49r0.html

Most often when a game becomes a GH, it just simply transitions into it, they don't list the black-labeled game as OOP at all. Not saying it couldn't ever happen, just that it hasn't happened yet, to my knowledge.

Which is why I mentioned back then it would be a good idea to jump on the game while it's still available for the low prices. Since then it's been OOS at Amazon, Newegg, Play-Asia, Gamestop (available in-store in very limited areas and in low stock), Best Buy, etc.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on this particular collection going GH. It could, or Konami could release another MGS collection that includes 1, 2, 3, and 4. Who really knows? Just sayin'.

EDIT:

On a side note, it seems MSG4 (Greatest Hits version) is also listed as OOP/OOS on Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia...en-70-3fx3.html

And after checking out Amazon, BB, Newegg, Gamestop, etc...they too no longer have the game in stock. Perhaps maybe Konami will re-release a more complete collection...but that's just purely speculative on my part.

#94 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

The listing on Amazon says its been discontinued by the manufacturer if you look at the product details. Not sure how accurate that always is though.

#95 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

I pointed this out a few months ago when Amazon had MGS HD for $19.99.

Play-Asia is pretty reliable too, and they had it listed OOP/OOS back then.

http://www.play-asia...en-70-49r0.html

Most often when a game becomes a GH, it just simply transitions into it, they don't list the black-labeled game as OOP at all. Not saying it couldn't ever happen, just that it hasn't happened yet, to my knowledge.

Which is why I mentioned back then it would be a good idea to jump on the game while it's still available for the low prices. Since then it's been OOS at Amazon, Newegg, Play-Asia, Gamestop (available in-store in very limited areas and in low stock), Best Buy, etc.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on this particular collection going GH. It could, or Konami could release another MGS collection that includes 1, 2, 3, and 4. Who really knows? Just sayin'.

EDIT:

On a side note, it seems MSG4 (Greatest Hits version) is also listed as OOP/OOS on Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia...en-70-3fx3.html

And after checking out Amazon, BB, Newegg, Gamestop, etc...they too no longer have the game in stock. Perhaps maybe Konami will re-release a more complete collection...but that's just purely speculative on my part.

You still can't go by third party retailers. A perfect example is play Asia has MGS4 GH US version OOP. Once it's offiical from Konami then it's safe to say OOP.

The reason they probably list it now is because they don't know when another printing or greatest hits version will happen and it's probably easier to do that then to completely remove the product from their system.

Look how long Konami took to bring trophies to MGS4 and remake yet another version of it.

Lately there has been a lot of games starting to go OOP and get reprinted again later on.

I'm not jumping the gun in till an official statement is released. Not some guy at gamestop and best buy saying so because they saw it OOP on the same site you did.

The fact that you can still find new copies for less then MSRP price makes me think they are in the process or about to be reprinting/greatest hits.

needler420.png

#96 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

How much is a "good" Metal Gear Solid 4 worth? Nothing I suppose.

#97 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

You still can't go by third party retailers. A perfect example is play Asia has MGS4 GH US version OOP. Once it's offiical from Konami then it's safe to say OOP.

The reason they probably list it now is because they don't know when another printing or greatest hits version will happen and it's probably easier to do that then to completely remove the product from their system.

Look how long Konami took to bring trophies to MGS4 and remake yet another version of it.

Lately there has been a lot of games starting to go OOP and get reprinted again later on.

I'm not jumping the gun in till an official statement is released. Not some guy at gamestop and best buy saying so because they saw it OOP on the same site you did.

The fact that you can still find new copies for less then MSRP price makes me think they are in the process or about to be reprinting/greatest hits.

Problem is publishers do not make official statements regarding their titles going OOP/end of manufacturing on their part. They just do it and move on. So you'll be waiting for a loooong time for that official statement.

Also, Play-Asia didn't just list the games yesterday as going OOP. MGS HD was listed as such over 3 months ago. The reason they are selling cheap at retailers that still happen to have some stock is to clear their inventory on a product they know they will no longer carry. Amazon quickly sold out of MGS HD 3 months ago for $19.99, no new inventory from them since. Same with Newegg, BB, Gamestop, etc. The fact both of these titles are no longer available from most of the top retail chains (both online and in-store) makes it relatively easy to deduce that the titles are, more likely than not, OOP.

Again, if anything, they could possibly release yet another compilation that includes 1-4 in one package a la GOW: Saga. But who knows? I'm pretty sure though that MGS4 and MGS HD Collection, in their own right, are done as individual retail SKU's.

#98 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

E3 @tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

so does that mean the 360 version was $18 too?

Nah I picked up a copy a while back at retail price. Was hoping to swap with someone

#99 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Silent Hill HD Collection, and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (all for PS3) are $17.99 each at all Best Buys. Unconfirmed for 360.

Also, their new return policy is in effect: 15 days to return for regular customers (was 30 days). That also means 15 days to price match. Premier Silver still get 60 days as usual.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#100 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Silent Hill HD Collection, and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (all for PS3) are $17.99 each at all Best Buys. Unconfirmed for 360.

Also, their new return policy is in effect: 15 days to return for regular customers (was 30 days). That also means 15 days to price match. Premier Silver still get 60 days as usual.

And can only PM at time of purchase if PMing another retailer. And then 15 days if BBY has the price drop. Silver has 60 days up until April 18th after that even silver only has a 15 day PM window and a 60 day return window.
The quote below is for silver members only:

"As a courtesy, for purchases made between March 3, 2013 and April 18, 2013, Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day price match period if Best buy lowers a price on a product (online or in-store). The 15 day price match period will apply for purchases made on or after April 19, 2013."

The rest of the details can be found here:

http://forums.bestbu...AQs/td-p/662050

#101 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

another reason why Worstbuy will got out of business, 30 days to 15 days for the return policy?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#102 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

Which is the better version? Looks like my BBY has both.

#103 MrBubbles

MrBubbles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

I'll check tomorrow but not expecting any miracles for MGS HD.

another reason why Worstbuy will got out of business, 30 days to 15 days for the return policy?

This actually makes GameStop look good, crazy huh?

#104 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

Which is the better version? Looks like my BBY has both.

Consensus seems to be it plays better (graphics/frame rate) on the Xbox, but Xbox doesn't have the pressure sensitive controls. Meaning the controls are wonky as the original MGS was built with half pressing in mind (ie sighting gun with half press and firing when full pressed etc).

So toss up if you own both systems. Choose what suits you better.

#105 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, really gonna miss being able to do all those post buy PM's. Now I'll just start shopping around at more retailers likely, even Walmart has a better PM policy now
Posted ImagePosted Image

#106 alexbhp

alexbhp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

How does this make GameStop look good?
Because of the 30 days return?

GameStop does NOT price match...
They rarely have sales on NEW titles, sure you can return unopened items in 30 days. (it's worse if compared to 60 days for Silver)
If you spend enough money with GameStop you still return in 30 days....

I still think BestBuy return/PM policy was way too good, It resembled CircuitCity, and we all know what happened to CircuitCity (The Sony Trucks made U turns)
http://gizmodo.com/5...-city-shipments

#107 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

I don't understand what they're going for w/ having the return period 60 days for silver members.. people will just buy the item again at the sale price and return the original one

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#108 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

I don't understand what they're going for w/ having the return period 60 days for silver members.. people will just buy the item again at the sale price and return the original one

it prevents pming the gcu $20 pre order deal and probably other stuff we dont know of

#109 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

How does this make GameStop look good?
Because of the 30 days return?

GameStop does NOT price match...
They rarely have sales on NEW titles, sure you can return unopened items in 30 days. (it's worse if compared to 60 days for Silver)
If you spend enough money with GameStop you still return in 30 days....

I still think BestBuy return/PM policy was way too good, It resembled CircuitCity, and we all know what happened to CircuitCity (The Sony Trucks made U turns)
http://gizmodo.com/5...-city-shipments

GameStop does price match, GameStop does have sales on newer titles... I.e. Wwe 13, Boederlands 2, Dead Space 3, I could go on..... And its premier silver, u gotta spend 2 freaking thousand ffs..... Seriously dude

#110 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

GameStop does price match, GameStop does have sales on newer titles... I.e. Wwe 13, Boederlands 2, Dead Space 3, I could go on..... And its premier silver, u gotta spend 2 freaking thousand ffs..... Seriously dude

Are we all talking about the same store?

#111 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

GameStop has never PMed...

Also the 60 day silver return is more for non gaming items.

Don't forget that BBY does have TRE in place and once you return an undisclosed amount, you will be banned from returns for 90 days.

#112 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

GameStop has never PMed...

Also the 60 day silver return is more for non gaming items.

Don't forget that BBY does have TRE in place and once you return an undisclosed amount, you will be banned from returns for 90 days.

Okay, so I'll just completely forget that I price match per policy ads that come in and email my DM when I do it at my store.
I'm just sayin it is possible

#113 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

Okay, so I'll just completely forget that I price match per policy ads that come in and email my DM when I do it at my store.

Let me do the work for you

#114 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Anyone got a working stock locator since none of these are on the website?

#115 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

Verrrrry YMMV though. I shop at GS all the time and have only got one store to ever PM.

#116 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

Anyone got a working stock locator since none of these are on the website?

Not sure if there is one for any of them. Employees couldn't even find a stock locator for MGS HD in store for me, I just lucked out and got the last one.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#117 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Not sure if there is one for any of them. Employees couldn't even find a stock locator for MGS HD in store for me, I just lucked out and got the last one.

They snagged a sku off their system and did a sku search in my area to all stores within the district. Don't know if that helps anyone or I just got a person that knew what he was doing.

#118 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Sure makes me miss Circuit Shitty even more
Posted Image
Posted Image

#119 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Yeah, The employees are so ignorant at my store. They just look up the item on the site and tell me it's not available anymore because they can't find a listing. I could have already told them that. I obviously need to find someone who can find the sku and search by store.

#120 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

why was this thread made when there are ones for the deal AND the new policy?