Photo
- - - - -

MGS HD, Silent Hill HD, UMvC3 (PS3/360?) $17.99 each Best Buy B&M + New Return Policy

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#121 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

If you really want this game better be safe than sorry and but it now from amazon/ebay at the $30 price.

#122 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

how do you check bestbuy inventory? they only shows the pre-owned

#123 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

I don't understand what they're going for w/ having the return period 60 days for silver members.. people will just buy the item again at the sale price and return the original one

Yeah they'll be able to do that all of three or four times until they get flagged for excessive returns and lose their ability to return items...

#124 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

You need to go in-store and find an employee who knows how to locate the discontinued sku and search by store in your area. A lot of them will just look on the site and says it's no longer available. The gaming advisor at my store didn't even know how to do it, so good luck finding a knowledgable one.

#125 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

You can call and give them the SKU too. I have gotten employees who know how to do it. I usually just ask if they could check if a game is in stock, then tell them I have the SKU to make it easier.

#126 lonestarranger

lonestarranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

This thread is relevant to my interests.

#127 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, The employees are so ignorant at my store. They just look up the item on the site and tell me it's not available anymore because they can't find a listing. I could have already told them that. I obviously need to find someone who can find the sku and search by store.

while it's not difficult, most employees don't bother. however, you can just ask a sales associate to search RSS for the district. that's all an associate can check. takes a manager to check stores outside of the district. so unless there is a copy at the store, or you're willing to wait for a transfer from another store (don't get your hopes up, a transfer will only happen if the other store has 5 or more copies) you're SOL.

#128 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

while it's not difficult, most employees don't bother. however, you can just ask a sales associate to search RSS for the district. that's all an associate can check. takes a manager to check stores outside of the district. so unless there is a copy at the store, or you're willing to wait for a transfer from another store (don't get your hopes up, a transfer will only happen if the other store has 5 or more copies) you're SOL.

Thanks. Yeah I remember now that an associate searched RSS before for me. I'll try again next time I go.

#129 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Anyone who picked this up mind posting a picture of their receipt to maybe attempt a PM?

#130 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

I have never played a Silent Hill game and was thinking about getting the HD version for ps3. Have never playing this game does it hold its value and worth the buy at 18???

#131 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hopefully Amazon matches because BB's customer service at the store near me is a complete waste of time. They won't do anything other than look on the site. It even takes 3-4 different employees to look at the computer to PM themselves. I can't stand that store.

#132 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hopefully Amazon matches because BB's customer service at the store near me is a complete waste of time. They won't do anything other than look on the site. It even takes 3-4 different employees to look at the computer to PM themselves. I can't stand that store.

That's how my best buy is. The one time I ever tried to price match I made sure I was within policy and still got turned down by some young girl manager. Basically just because it's at her discretion. This was also two years ago now so the price matching policy has probably taken better effect. Still not worth wasting my time, which is why I almost never attempt to price match. I had another incident with this same manager and I think I even reported her to corporate. It was the only time I ever decided to escalate a situation and nothing ever happened. In the end I ended up screwd out of money at best buys fault.

needler420.png

#133 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

That's how my best buy is. The one time I ever tried to price match I made sure I was within policy and still got turned down by some young girl manager. Basically just because it's at her discretion. This was also two years ago now so the price matching policy has probably taken better effect. Still not worth wasting my time, which is why I almost never attempt to price match. I had another incident with this same manager and I think I even reported her to corporate. It was the only time I ever decided to escalate a situation and nothing ever happened. In the end I ended up screwd out of money at best buys fault.

If you never PMed then you missed out on the previous golden ages, where you get paid handsomely to play day one releases. Should have just gone to another store.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#134 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Just came back from the local BB and they didn't have any of the games. A bit disappointed would of liked to grab a couple of them. I didn't realize BB pulls some games off the shelf quickly while they leave others up forever (saw Sing It High School Musical, really wtf).

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#135 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Just came back from the local BB and they didn't have any of the games. A bit disappointed would of liked to grab a couple of them. I didn't realize BB pulls some games off the shelf quickly while they leave others up forever (saw Sing It High School Musical, really wtf).

This is why I call before going to the store. Hopefully you're trip didn't cost you more then $10 bucks in gas or you had errands to do through your commutes. Otherwise between that and sales tax you could have got in on amazon for the same price.

needler420.png

#136 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Amazon vendor spiked his price to 36.40 and only has 5 in stock, the other ones selling it for $32 with 4 dollar shipping have a total of 9 in stock so your probably better off going with Kmart for $29.99 + 0.99 shipping + tax if you can't find a copy in store at best buy.

Guardian_owl.png

#137 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

If you never PMed then you missed out on the previous golden ages, where you get paid handsomely to play day one releases. Should have just gone to another store.

The next closest best buy to me is not worth driving to. The gas would out weigh the deal online.

I have price matched a few things in the past just not with best buy. No matter the policy price matching is very YMMV.

I don't have the time to watch three stooges standing at the cash register for 15 minutes trying to do a override. Rather pay a bit extra and get the Fuck out lol.

needler420.png

#138 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

I don't understand what they're going for w/ having the return period 60 days for silver members.. people will just buy the item again at the sale price and return the original one

Remember they track returns and if you do too many in a short enough timeframe, they'll bar you from making returns to any Best Buy.

It's a two-step process to try and keep them from losing money on PMs and returns.

#139 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Best Buy will inevitably go out of business at some point, so if this policy change helps them not lose as much money right now, I'm all for it. I want them around as long as possible, and I don't do PMs, trade-ins, or returns. I just want them around for $5-$10 blu-rays, $8 CDs, and $10-$20 video games.

#140 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Best Buy will inevitably go out of business at some point, so if this policy change helps them not lose as much money right now, I'm all for it. I want them around as long as possible, and I don't do PMs, trade-ins, or returns. I just want them around for $5-$10 blu-rays, $8 CDs, and $10-$20 video games.

+1for this. We lost Circuit City a couple years ago. Id hate to think of Gamestop as the only shop in town...

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#141 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

If amazon wasn't around I would care about them going out of business.

I could care less if they do now. IMO they fully deserve to follow the path of circuit city which I always prefered anyway.

Best buys and gamestop imo have the worst business practices and the worst customer service.

Right now I'm really cheap and go to where ever the deal is. So as soon as I'm in a little better position ill go from going to where the deal is to spending a small difference and support the business you like.

Edited by needler420, 06 March 2013 - 07:37 PM.

needler420.png

#142 The Brief Chef

The Brief Chef

Actor, Chef, etc....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Really want to pull the trigger on UMvC 3 but being able to pay rent out weights this. Which is a sad state to be in. But I suppose when I have extra income, the game will just be cheaper
Posted Image

#143 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

If amazon wasn't around I would care about them going out of business.

Overall, I use Amazon a lot more than Best Buy, when you take into account books, groceries, home supplies, etc. But as far as media deals go, lately Amazon has mostly been PM'ing the big box stores, specifically Best Buy. They've been a lot less proactive about deals. So what happens when Best Buy goes away...?

I agree that the customer service experience is incomparable. Send an email or chat and get your issue resolved in minutes, versus stand in line to speak to a minimum-wage employee who does not know the store's policies and can't add without a calculator.

#144 lude21

lude21

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Grabbed the last MGS HD PS3 at the Scranton PA store.

#145 The Brief Chef

The Brief Chef

Actor, Chef, etc....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

I just checked BesyBuy online. Seems they aren't even listing UMvC 3 as available anymore. Now this makes me want to rush out to my nearby store and see if they have one
Posted Image

#146 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Anyone mind posting a picture of their receipt for these deals so I can try to PM at Target or Walmart?

#147 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

I could care less if they do now. IMO they fully deserve to follow the path of circuit city which I always prefered anyway.

You might want to think that one through.

If Best Buy is gone, you lose the last national retailer of TVs of all price ranges, PCs of all price ranges, plus software and other electronics.

You'll end up with for Target, Walmart, Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples for national chains and MicroCenter and Frys for more local chains.

As much as people may not like Best Buy, they do have a place in retail. Without them, there's less reason for other chains to compete, same for Amazon.

#148 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

You might want to think that one through.

If Best Buy is gone, you lose the last national retailer of TVs of all price ranges, PCs of all price ranges, plus software and other electronics.

You'll end up with for Target, Walmart, Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples for national chains and MicroCenter and Frys for more local chains.

As much as people may not like Best Buy, they do have a place in retail. Without them, there's less reason for other chains to compete, same for Amazon.

Well yeah I get that. If best buy does go they will need to be replaced by a universal electronics company or else all the competition is gone and the monopoly starts. It's like giving them park place and board walk and putting hotels on it from the start.

I wish we had circuit city still instead of best buy. IMO the company was 10X better I didn't realize it till it was too late.

needler420.png

#149 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but here goes:

Will Best Buy allow you to PM and use an @Gamer coupon? I was looking on Amazon.com and Doom 3 BFG is at least $10 cheaper on all platforms for this game. If possible, I would like to PM that and use the coupon and potentially get the PC version for *Free? Let me know if I'm wrong before I try to drive out there and try it.

Thanks!

#150 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but here goes:

Will Best Buy allow you to PM and use an @Gamer coupon? I was looking on Amazon.com and Doom 3 BFG is at least $10 cheaper on all platforms for this game. If possible, I would like to PM that and use the coupon and potentially get the PC version for *Free? Let me know if I'm wrong before I try to drive out there and try it.

Thanks!

Not unless you get a dumb rep, it won't work.

A PM is the "other deals" that the coupon says it won't work it, and usually when you do a PM, coupons tend to get locked out of the computer.

If you get a dumb rep that does a manual price adjustment to match the PM + coupon'd price, then that's the only way I could see it working.