Newegg - $212.49 PS Vita Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified Bundle.

Go for it. Can't vouch for the game (just sell it) but I've been extremely happy with my Vita over the last 4 months. It helps if you like a variety of game genres since the pickings are a little slim, but I've already got a few games in my backlog for Vita. Having a console-like FIFA on a portable is one of the most awesome things ever.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Go for it. Can't vouch for the game (just sell it) but I've been extremely happy with my Vita over the last 4 months. It helps if you like a variety of game genres since the pickings are a little slim, but I've already got a few games in my backlog for Vita. Having a console-like FIFA on a portable is one of the most awesome things ever.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering - how is the skype video call quality? Facebook{Is it buggy}? Browsing the web? YouTube?

An ad on the top of the linked page has other 15% off promo codes.

The two most noticeable ones are 15% off Ni no Kuni (15OFFRPG) & 3DS (15OFF3DS).

I know that as soon as I buy this my local Sam's will finally drop the "First" bundle to under $100.... damn decisions.

[quote name='hoofrog']I know that as soon as I buy this my local Sam's will finally drop the "First" bundle to under $100.... damn decisions.[/QUOTE]

When that happens will you hook me up??
IF IT DOES?

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I was wondering - how is the skype video call quality? Facebook{Is it buggy}? Browsing the web? YouTube?[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I have ever seen anyone ask about these features. I have very little interest in them on the Vita, but have used the web browser a little and also YouTube. They work well enough. The web browser is about the same as you might expect on an Android device.

Obviously, the focus of the device is on gaming, for which it is the best you can get (for a portable). I like this so much more than my tablet or phone. Buttons and joysticks are very underrated when people talk about tablet gaming. I only use it at home or when traveling, so I'm not sure how realistic it is to use on the bus, train, etc. But it's really nice to game on the couch while my wife watches TV or while I sit with my kid when he goes to bed, etc.

For those interested in this particular bundle, Black Ops Declassified is ok at best, so don't judge the system based on it. If you like FPS multiplayer and would like to do it portably, it can provide some decent enjoyment. There is also a code for an older PSP COD title included that can be marginally fun (or sold on Ebay).

[quote name='hoofrog']I know that as soon as I buy this my local Sam's will finally drop the "First" bundle to under $100.... damn decisions.[/QUOTE]

Every one of those deals I saw was for a floor model, so you may as well buy used from Cowboom. I wouldn't be surprised if some people got lucky on new ones, though.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I was wondering - how is the skype video call quality? Facebook{Is it buggy}? Browsing the web? YouTube?[/QUOTE]

The web browser has seen huge improvements (I actually prefer it over Safari on my iPhone 4S) and is now fully functional when a game is running.

All the other apps (Netflix, YouTube, Skype, Google Maps, Twitter, Email) work just as well as they do any any current smartphone; but then there's exclusive apps like Wake-up Club that are also fun to use.

The Vita is pretty much my favorite thing I own and, without a doubt, is where I do a the majority of my gaming these days. The price of this bundle is terrific, and CoD Declassified is actually really fun online--the game's biggest snafu was being priced so highly and have such a laughable campaign. The game should've been just the multiplayer stuff and come out at $20.

[quote name='maximumzero']Would this stack with the 10% v.me offer? If so, may not be a terrible deal.[/QUOTE]
Nope, tried it, probably would've gotten it. It said "The promo code VMEPROMOMAR13 has been entered for an item that already has a promo code applied to it. Only one promo code may be applied to one item."

[quote name='Streetpumper']Thanks op , a really god deal , im thinking about it:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Get it! Also get PlayStation Plus and you won't even have to worry about buying games :lol: It's a great deal!

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Get it! Also get PlayStation Plus and you won't even have to worry about buying games :lol: It's a great deal![/QUOTE]

Well, only if you don't mind buying a beefy memory card and don't want to keep your games, anyway.

As a Vita owner who uses Skype, it works well enough. The camera is in a weird spot, so it takes some getting used to.

As for the browser, greatly improved, but my tablet is better.

YouTube, dedicated App, works well enough.

Facebook - No idea.

[quote name='maximumzero']Well, only if you don't mind buying a beefy memory card and don't want to keep your games, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Or people can buy a cheaper 8GB or 18GB card and swap their games as they play them (as I do when needed)

PS Plus is a great option for people on a tight budget especially (I'm a college student) and paying only $50 a year and getting full retail games is huge for me

[quote name='maximumzero']Well, only if you don't mind buying a beefy memory card and don't want to keep your games, anyway.[/QUOTE]

You probably need a beefy memory card anyway considering there is more PSN content than retail releases so you'll be tempted to buy a lot of digital content anyway. Also, PS Plus lets you keep the games as long as you have the service, so that can be viewed in a few different ways. I'm sure most people on this site have seen this argument many times over. Either way, PS Plus is a great service even if you view it simply as a rental service (although it might not be quite as appealing if you don't own a PS3 in addition to your Vita).

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Or people can buy a cheaper 8GB or 18GB card and swap their games as they play them (as I do when needed)

PS Plus is a great option for people on a tight budget especially (I'm a college student) and paying only $50 a year and getting full retail games is huge for me[/QUOTE]

Please don't take this as me attacking the Vita, because I love the damn thing, but the memory cards can be on the expensive side and download times can be lengthy, so it tends to suck when you have to limit yourself to 2 to 4 games at a time and have to erase and redownload when you want to grab something different.

[quote name='maximumzero']Please don't take this as me attacking the Vita, because I love the damn thing, but the memory cards can be on the expensive side and download times can be lengthy, so it tends to suck when you have to limit yourself to 2 to 4 games at a time and have to erase and redownload when you want to grab something different.[/QUOTE]

Reportedly, Japan is now selling 4 times as many Vitas due to the Vita price cut, so hopefully Sony will get the message that even slightly more reasonable pricing can be a good idea on both systems and memory cards.

I remember Joystiq just ripping this game a new one when it first came out. As much of a step up as the Vita is over the PSP, in terms of specs, it just can't deliver a console-quality CoD experience.

[quote name='Eye Carumba']I remember Joystiq just ripping this game a new one when it first came out. As much of a step up as the Vita is over the PSP, in terms of specs, it just can't deliver a console-quality CoD experience.[/QUOTE]

It may not be able to fully do console quality, but it surely can do a lot better than what has been released. Black Ops Declassified was pretty clearly rushed and slapped together. It was also done by a team that had a poor track record.

If Killzone is similar quality, I will probably concede to your argument. It appears they have been working on it for awhile and and have a good team behind it. Hopefully it will be a good indication of what is possible with an FPS on Vita.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']It may not be able to fully do console quality, but it surely can do a lot better than what has been released. Black Ops Declassified was pretty clearly rushed and slapped together. It was also done by a team that had a poor track record.

If Killzone is similar quality, I will probably concede to your argument. It appears they have been working on it for awhile and and have a good team behind it. Hopefully it will be a good indication of what is possible with an FPS on Vita.[/QUOTE]

At the very least you can always play ps4 games* on it! :D (*As long as they are not ps move games.)

[quote name='maximumzero']Please don't take this as me attacking the Vita, because I love the damn thing, but the memory cards can be on the expensive side and download times can be lengthy, so it tends to suck when you have to limit yourself to 2 to 4 games at a time and have to erase and redownload when you want to grab something different.[/QUOTE]

You're in no way attacking the Vita and, as a day-one owner, I completely agree. Full-fledged Vita games tend to weigh in between 2 - 4GB's, and some patches are massive (eg. the recent patch for PS All-stars was over 700MB's)--these two factors alone are having a huge negative effect on the amount of digital software people are buying simply because they don't want to get ripped off buying more memory for the device. A prime example of this underlying issue is the fact that Phantasy Star Online 2--a Vita game myself and lots of Vita owners are hyped about coming to the US--REQUIRES a card with 8 GB's of free space on it.

I understand that SONY is trying to recoup some of the money they're losing on each Vita sale by charging insane prices for memory sticks, but we've reached the point where they're losing more money than they're making because potential customers are being scared off. Now that the Vita is well out of the launch window (aka. now that early adopters--myself included--have been sufficiently ripped off) SONY needs to address the Memory Card pricing immediately.

Between all the great legacy software and all the strong PSN content, the Vita just keeps getting better and better; but things are going to take a turn for the worse soon if SONY doesn't entice more people to buy the device.

How has China not made an adapter yet to plug an SD card into the Vita? Not even for pirating stuff or anything, just to use for PSN games, saves, patches, ect.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the BF Amazon Vita bundle especially since that white Vita looks so good. I hope all this news about the price drop in Japan really kicking off sales will translate into a price drop over here as well, despite Sony's game about adjusting for exchange rate. It's better to lose a little more money on a system and have it selling than just stagnant on the shelf isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AwRy108']The web browser has seen huge improvements (I actually prefer it over Safari on my iPhone 4S) and is now fully functional when a game is running.
[/QUOTE]

This is good to hear. I got a launch vita (later returned it), and the web browser wasn't very good at the time imo. It was also difficult to click on some links, even after magnifying the text. Next time I rebuy the vita, I will try a capacitative stylus. Just waiiting for the rumored 4g vita model with hdmi input, and the rumored memory card price cuts.

Thanks OP I picked one up since this is around the same price as buying it during black friday for 199 + tax. Are there really rumors for one with hdmi input? Just dont want to regret this purchase later if a new model is coming out in like 2 months or something

just chiming in that i too absolutely love my vita. i game on it more than any handheld i've ever owned, and often game on it when i could be gaming on the tv. the library isn't huge yet, but there are certainly enough games to keep you busy (i play it a lot and have barely scratched the surface).

plus there are several games on there that have infinite replay value for me (pinball arcade, super stardust, lumines, sine mora, zen pinball, etc).

and when you throw in psp and ps1 classics the library is, in fact, massive. both psp/ps1 games look fantastic on the vita -- and while my psp generally gathered dust my vita never does.

the OS is quite nice - you can insta-pause any game and then use the browser, check trophies, etc, concurrently.

download speeds - someone here complained about them. mine are fine. ymmv, but i see no difference between my vita and any other device.

ps+ - imo a must buy. heck, you get uncharted, gravity rush, and many more games (and later this month disgaea 3) for $50 for the first year... it's certainly worth that just to play all those games and you'll get to decide in a year if you want to extend. if you already have ps+, then the vita is an even easier buy.

memory cards -- i bought a 32g and am glad i did. yes, i paid $75 for it. yes, i wish i only paid $10 for it (obviously). but even if expensive, i consider it a great purchase since it makes a great device even better. i have it stacked with around 20 vita games of various sizes, 15 minis, 15 ps1 games, 10 psp games, a handful of demos, and then various apps like skype, netflix, youtube, etc.

i realize everyone wants the price of the vita and mem cards to come down, and financially, i understand why. but even at current prices, it's a great value if you can swing it. sony outdid themselves with this thing, and if integration with the ps4 is half what they promise, it'll just be icing on the cake (full remote play for all ps4 games? yes please).

[quote name='graf1k']How has China not made an adapter yet to plug an SD card into the Vita? Not even for pirating stuff or anything, just to use for PSN games, saves, patches, ect.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the BF Amazon Vita bundle especially since that white Vita looks so good. I hope all this news about the price drop in Japan really kicking off sales will translate into a price drop over here as well, despite Sony's game about adjusting for exchange rate. It's better to lose a little more money on a system and have it selling than just stagnant on the shelf isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Because no adapter could physically fit it and still fit in the slot. Something I'm sure they deliberately designed. I would also not be surprised if it's not a standard SD card interface, which would require active circuitry on the adapter-- perhaps too much to make it feasible if it did even fit.

[quote name='tacoman132'] Are there really rumors for one with hdmi input? Just dont want to regret this purchase later if a new model is coming out in like 2 months or something[/QUOTE]

I think it's more than just rumors. I'm pretty sure the news was that they filed a patent for it. That doesn't mean they'll release it, though. Also, there is no telling what they will allow the device to do even if it has those extras, anyway. I'm betting we won't see a redesign for another year or two.

[quote name='graf1k']How has China not made an adapter yet to plug an SD card into the Vita? Not even for pirating stuff or anything, just to use for PSN games, saves, patches, ect.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the BF Amazon Vita bundle especially since that white Vita looks so good. I hope all this news about the price drop in Japan really kicking off sales will translate into a price drop over here as well, despite Sony's game about adjusting for exchange rate. It's better to lose a little more money on a system and have it selling than just stagnant on the shelf isn't it?[/QUOTE]

I actually hopped on that deal and don't regret it.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I think it's more than just rumors. I'm pretty sure the news was that they filed a patent for it. That doesn't mean they'll release it, though. Also, there is no telling what they will allow the device to do even if it has those extras, anyway. I'm betting we won't see a redesign for another year or two.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they filed a patent. However, I don't know it they will wait that long for a redesign. When I purchased the launch model, the 3g version was basically useless. You needed wi-fi because 3g only had basic online functionality -- couldn't download anything over 20MB, no realtime multiplayer, etc.

I thought the rumored 4g version may be released sooner rather than later in order to address this huge deficiency (and they could add hdmi support to make it more appealing, since a lot of users apparently desire that feature). Or they may forget about 4g and have a wi-fi model only, but current rumors seem to indicate otherwise...

Of course, this revised model would be more expensive than the current versions. So I figured Sony was planning to lower the msrp of the wi-fi & remaining 3g in the USA to $199 (comparable to Japan) and introduce the new model at the old price point ($249), plus lower the price of the memory cards. But this is probably wishful thinking...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back