Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

finally back down in price
http://www.amazon.co...s=forza horizon

#2 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

down yes, but not yet as good as before.

#3 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

I got on when it was cheaper from Amazon last week, and they said the package was delivered, but I never got a package. I don't use Amazon often, my mailing/billing addresses are up to date, and when I submitted my review I checked the "I never received my package" option. But I haven't heard back from anyone. Any idea what I should do??

#4 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

I got on when it was cheaper from Amazon last week, and they said the package was delivered, but I never got a package. I don't use Amazon often, my mailing/billing addresses are up to date, and when I submitted my review I checked the "I never received my package" option. But I haven't heard back from anyone. Any idea what I should do??

Shoot a email off to customer service or use the live chat.

#5 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Shoot a email off to customer service or use the live chat.

Didn't know they had a Live Chat. I'll have to check it out, thanks!

#6 blakesgameroom

blakesgameroom

Collector 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

down yes, but not yet as good as before.

eh 3 dollar difference isnt bad

#7 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

eh 3 dollar difference isnt bad

It was actually only $30 before, so it's a 33% increase in price compared to the other deal. Fairly significant.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#8 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

37.43 now

#9 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

It was actually only $30.11 before, so it's a 33% increase in price compared to the other deal. Fairly significant.

Fixed.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#10 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

I just ordered my copy for $37.43 Surprised in a way that the LE of this would be in stock anywhere and at such a price. Really glad now that I didn't bother getting it on Black Friday for the reg edition for 35 bucks

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#11 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Really glad now that I didn't bother getting it on Black Friday for the reg edition for 35 bucks

It was actually only $15 at WalMart on Black Friday.

Its a really good game. I hardly ever play racers, but this is one that I actually put a ton of time into and finished. The whole festival atmosphere made this alot of fun.

#12 gwetmore2345

gwetmore2345

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Might have to finally pickup this game. I absolutely love Steelbook cases and I've been meaning to grab this one for sometime.

#13 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

For someone who has not played a forza game, is there a difference between forza 4 and horizon?

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#14 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

For someone who has not played a forza game, is there a difference between forza 4 and horizon?

They're completely different.

Forza 4 is a strict racing game set on specific courses.
Forza Horizon is an open world racing game where there's races and challenges everywhere.

Forza 4 is very tuner heavy while there's none of that in Horizon.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#15 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

They're completely different.

Forza 4 is a strict racing game set on specific courses.
Forza Horizon is an open world racing game where there's races and challenges everywhere.

Forza 4 is very tuner heavy while there's none of that in Horizon.

Thanks... would you say that Forza 4 is analogous to Gran Turismo while Horizon is analogous to Burnout? Just trying to figure out which one to buy. I'm more into the Gran Turismo type of game with car purchases and car tuning, so it sounds like I'm looking for forza 4 more than horizon.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#16 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Thanks... would you say that Forza 4 is analogous to Gran Turismo while Horizon is analogous to Burnout? Just trying to figure out which one to buy. I'm more into the Gran Turismo type of game with car purchases and car tuning, so it sounds like I'm looking for forza 4 more than horizon.

I think that's a fair comparison.

If you like Gran Turismo then you'll feel at home in Forza 4. There's no racing outside of the set tracks.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#17 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

It was actually only $15 at WalMart on Black Friday.

Its a really good game. I hardly ever play racers, but this is one that I actually put a ton of time into and finished. The whole festival atmosphere made this alot of fun.

Yeah - I picked it up then and played A TON over the holidays. Truly a blast to play.

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#18 Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Horizon is definitely arcadier than Forza 4. The damage is only cosmetic, so you can't wreck out of races entirely. If you draft or take an off-road "shortcut", it won't void your leaderboard lap time, like it will in Forza 4. There is car modification in that you can tune a car to a specific class by adding upgrades, but you can't go in and micromanage things like tire pressure, gear ratios, or downforce like you can in Forza 4.

If you're a hardcore racer, F4 is the clear choice. If you're more casual, or have friends who are more casual and want to be able to race with them is a less intimidating atmosphere than in Forza 4, or even if you just like racing games of all flavors, Horizon is awesome.

#19 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I enjoy Forza Horizon much more than I liked Forza 4 and have played a lot more of Horizon as a result. Great game!

I'm going to pass on the LE. I'll probably buy a future GOTY version that includes all the DLC, if that ever happens.

Crunchewy.png

#20 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

I would call Horizon more of an open world Project Gotham game, the racing isn't as arcadey to me as Criterion's games but its obviously more arcadey than a traditional Gran Turismo game.

#21 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I thought Project Gotham Racing 3 was lousy. Horizon is way better. YMMV.

Crunchewy.png

#22 Banjora

Banjora

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Anyone have an opinion on this compared to NFS: Most Wanted (the new one) ?

#23 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

I don't really play racers but I started getting into this. It is a beautiful game and it doesn't take itself too serious.

I wanted to use the wireless wheel but it makes it too difficult so I'm just going to stick with the controller. I don't use my xbox enough to invest in a dedicated wheel.

Good price though for the LE.

#24 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Forza > Gran Turismo
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#25 Mongoose07

Mongoose07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

I believe my local Best Buy (Christiansburg, VA) had the LE for $40 as well. May want to check if you want it now for whatever reason. :)

also, @ Banjora, I played both Forza Horizon and NFS: Most Wanted through in the past two months, and enjoyed Horizon much more. Two totally different games, mind you, but Horizon is less frustrating for me as an unskilled racing game player. I did Horizon on the default difficulty with manual shifting, for what it's worth.

Both games have some annoying DLC advertising in-game, though. A pretty big turnoff. Both games are excellent and a lot of fun, at least.

#26 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

I actually really like the wireless (motion-control) wheel. I find it much easier to play with it vs. a controller. I recommend it.

Crunchewy.png

#27 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Really fun game, heard the DLC was entertaining too...recommend a pickup for anyone on the fence

#28 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

I don't know. Most of the DLC is just other cars, and even after you pay real money for them, you have to pay in-game currency to "buy" them in-game. Seems kind of stupid. There is the rally DLC, though. That at least gives you new courses and race type.

Crunchewy.png

#29 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

It's a great game. Picked it up on Black Friday and got the full retail 1000 gamerscore. Refuse to pay 20 dollars for the rally pack dlc and 50 for the season pass