Crysis 3 (360, PS3, PC) $39.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Sorry if it's a repost. I guess it's a price match to Origin.

360: http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_2

PS3: http://www.amazon.co..._bxgy_vg_text_y

PC: http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_1
Posted Image

#2 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

This came out 2 weeks ago right? Christ EA is tanking. Same thing happened with Dead Space 3 and it didnt meet sales expectations. So I guess this didnt wither

#3 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

And GoHastings.com

Now people can go PM at Best Buy if they want.

#4 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

The SP in this game is short as Fuck. I beat it in a little less then 7 hours on superhuman difficulty, multiplayer was fun but it can get a bit frustraing at times when you constantly get killed by invisible enemies.

#5 SYNYST3R1

SYNYST3R1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

And GoHastings.com

Now people can go PM at Best Buy if they want.

They price match Amazon for sure? I will run down there today if so

#6 SolarUxie

SolarUxie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

They price match Amazon for sure? I will run down there today if so

Yes they do. Amazon is on a list of places they price match so you should have no problem.
Posted Image

#7 SYNYST3R1

SYNYST3R1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Yes they do. Amazon is on a list of places they price match so you should have no problem.

Alright thank you. I knew people were having problems with gohastings so I wasn't sure. Really good deal so I'm gonna have to run down there

#8 SolarUxie

SolarUxie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Alright thank you. I knew people were having problems with gohastings so I wasn't sure. Really good deal so I'm gonna have to run down there

Yeah i was one of the ones that got them to price match gohastings but they gave me some hastle lol.
Posted Image

#9 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

This came out 2 weeks ago right? Christ EA is tanking. Same thing happened with Dead Space 3 and it didnt meet sales expectations. So I guess this didnt wither

this has been the routine with practically every EA game in the past couple of years

#10 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

With new consoles looming, the launch window for these types of lesser-known games is shrinking even faster. I wouldn't be surprised if this is $20 in the next month.

#11 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Pre-ordered this from Amazon for $60, comes with $20 credit for future purchase and original Crysis. Just chatted with Amazon and get credit for the price difference of $20. Not bad!

#12 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Pre-ordered this from Amazon for $60, comes with $20 credit for future purchase and original Crysis. Just chatted with Amazon and get credit for the price difference of $20. Not bad!

Since when does amazon price match?

#13 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Since when does amazon price match?

No kidding. I'd love $20 back from them

#14 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

I will get it when to under $10. The single player is 5-6 hrs on normal so there are better games with more content that I want

But now a days wait a few weeks before buying since most games drop b $20 within first month

#15 Arachnicide

Arachnicide

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Davion:We’ll refund the price difference if the price drop occurred within 7 days of the delivery date. Since your item was delivered 14 days ago, I’m not able to refund the price difference.

I got dicked...this time.

I returned my Dead Space 3 copy and got it for $39.99 on the gold box day. Could not do it this time because I used the Dead Space 3 pre-order credit to buy Crysis 3. Once you use the credit, you cannot get it back. Oh well.

#16 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

They are not tanking, but yes, it obviously didn't sell very well. EA can afford to do these temporary price drops. They do it like clockwork now. Guaranteed that 2 weeks after Army of Two 3 Cartel (or whatever its called) comes out, it too will hit $40 after 14 days.

Anyway, just bought Crysis 3 for 360.

#40after14

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#17 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

waiting for metal gear rising to tank.
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#18 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Is it worth getting at $40? Or should I wait until it's $30 or below?
Posted Image

#19 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Pretty much the price they sold it for at launch considering they gave a $20 credit on top.

#20 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

I ended up getting a $20 refund from Amazon. Emailed them asking if they pricematched and they gave me the 7 day excuse but a one time refund of $20. I've also been an Amazon prime member for 5 years and haven't ever contacted their customer service about issues like that before.

#21 prettycrazy

prettycrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Thankfully I canceled my pre-order. Nothing against the game, but amazon had it sitting there un-shipped for 3 days after release, so I decided to cancel since I was getting pissed at them. I'll probably get the Origin deal since I have a birthday coupon from them.
[] 3DS Friend Code | 3179 - 6076 - 9676 []
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

Playing through c2 on PC now. I want this but now I'm budgeting, so waiting till 20 :)

#23 SYNYST3R1

SYNYST3R1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Is it worth getting at $40? Or should I wait until it's $30 or below?

Under 1,000 people playing mid day on xbox. I will be returning it tomorrow because the game is dying very rapidly. I saw all good reviews and even a lot of people on youtube playing multiplayer. I didn't expect the game to be dead.
Edit:
Can't return at Best Buy so I guess I'm stuck with it. That is the last time I buy a game at Best Buy.

Edited by SYNYST3R1, 07 March 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#24 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Under 1,000 people playing mid day on xbox. I will be returning it tomorrow because the game is dying very rapidly. I saw all good reviews and even a lot of people on youtube playing multiplayer. I didn't expect the game to be dead.
Edit:
Can't return at Best Buy so I guess I'm stuck with it. That is the last time I buy a game at Best Buy.

Was thinking about buying it for $40. I played parts of 1 and 2 on the PC. I'll probably rent it on Gamefly and complete the single player.

And for your return attempt, you should already know that you cannot return a game that is opened...unless you're going to return the $40 copy you'll buy @ Gamestop/Amazon

#25 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Edit:

You really expected BB to accept a return on a game you opened and played? Is there any other retailer out there that would allow you to do that?

#26 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

I had the same thought! I won't pre-order another EA game again. I've already "learned" that there's no need to buy an Assassin's Creed title for at least a month or two after it comes out. Will be $29.99 by then. Now I've learned that the $20 Game Credit on EA titles mean absolutely nothing too.

Rambojr03.png

card.png

fs.png

#27 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

You really expected BB to accept a return on a game you opened and played? Is there any other retailer out there that would allow you to do that?

Damn you mean I cant return my 1000 inch TV I bought for the Super Bowl and get my 1 million dollars back???? What kind of policy is that Best Buy? Last time I buy from you. Only reason I didnt buy it from Amazon was because Amazon wanted to charge me $3.99 for next day delivery. WTF Amazon seriously. You take my million and want 4 extra bucks.
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#28 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Thanks OP. I know people like to pop in shops but amazon for me is always #1 priority.

Edited by dilemna, 09 March 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#29 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Edit:

Really? I thought it'd be active

#30 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Just curious to people buying this-- You could have preordered and got a $20 Amazon gift cert, plus some DLC. If $40 was your buy price for this game, what was stopping you two weeks ago?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df