Crysis 3 (360, PS3, PC) $39.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Under 1,000 people playing mid day on xbox. I will be returning it tomorrow because the game is dying very rapidly. I saw all good reviews and even a lot of people on youtube playing multiplayer. I didn't expect the game to be dead.
Edit:
Can't return at Best Buy so I guess I'm stuck with it. That is the last time I buy a game at Best Buy.

Doesn't sound like many but people are probably busy mid day also other big titles came out like metal gear and tomb raider so people probably just moved on to the next big then once that came out. That's why I'm not a fan of buying fps games around a busy release Window that isn't hugely popular. Plus some people can only get a few games a year so they may be saving money for Gears of War judgement or Bioshock Infinite. Busy couple of weeks in February/March for game releases this year

#32 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Under 1,000 people playing mid day on xbox. I will be returning it tomorrow because the game is dying very rapidly. I saw all good reviews and even a lot of people on youtube playing multiplayer. I didn't expect the game to be dead.
Edit:
Can't return at Best Buy so I guess I'm stuck with it. That is the last time I buy a game at Best Buy.

I don't know if it's the same deal for Crisis 3 as it was for Crisis 2 but some of the bigger youtubers were paid $1,000 to post up crisis 2 game play when that game first came out.

#33 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Are there any other BB Silver members having a hard time PM'ing over the phone? I called twice already and was given some BS about how they only PM at the time of purchase. I know the new BB policy is not supposed to affect purchases before 03-02-13.

#34 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Are there any other BB Silver members having a hard time PM'ing over the phone? I called twice already and was given some BS about how they only PM at the time of purchase. I know the new BB policy is not supposed to affect purchases before 03-02-13.

You're right, it doesn't affect purchases prior to that date, but they may not match competitors after the sale.

From their new policy:

Is the post purchase price match initially extended for Reward Zone Premier Silver customers?

Yes. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.

That being said, I'm confident that if you keep calling back you will get a CS rep that will allow the PM to Amazon.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#35 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

A few of the reps I talked to on the phone last year said the same thing when I tried to PM online websites. Try PMing Gohastings or Gamestop because their sale prices are also B&M and mention that the price is in the Weekly Ads.

#36 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

A few of the reps I talked to on the phone last year said the same thing when I tried to PM online websites. Try PMing Gohastings or Gamestop because their sale prices are also B&M and mention that the price is in the Weekly Ads.

Good idea,Thanks! I'll give them a call lnow and give it a shot. Luckily I haven't opened it yet so worst case I'll take a ride to BB later on and do a return/rebuy.

#37 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

I had a lot of difficulty PMing GoHastings.com this past weekend (I also don't have a B&M store in my area). Gamestop might be a little easier if Amazon won't work for you.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#38 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

I got denied when I said Gamestop and Gohastings. The lady said they don't PM either. Going to try again with Amazon

#39 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

I had a lot of difficulty PMing GoHastings.com this past weekend (I also don't have a B&M store in my area). Gamestop might be a little easier if Amazon won't work for you.

Yeah PM'ing gohastings.com was a no-go last weekend for me also.

#40 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Since when does amazon price match?

Amazon do price match. In fact, I had them price matched another order I placed recently and got almost $30 back in credit.

They told me they will price match if it's within 7 days of when I received my shipment, and that was the case. However, that wasn't the case for the Crysis 3 order, but they did an exception and refunded $20.

#41 fyahbwoy

fyahbwoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

will wait to to get it used ~$10