Gamestop Selling Aliens Colonial Marines CE $69.99, Vanilla $39.99

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

i would be surprise if this thing lasts by the $30 price point , with all the "alien" franchise loyalists / fanboys. LOL

#32 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

I want that statue will wait for 20 tho. Looks bad ass no?

the statue is basically a plastic toy, just look it up yourself on youtube, cheap quality.

#33 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

I wish Amazon would match it because I don't want a gutted one from LameStop. I submitted...don't know if they'll do it or not.

#34 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

...and Amazon just pricematched it, that was quick.

#35 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

so disappointing how the mighty aliens franchise has fallen. i mean really how do they keep messing up the most awesome alien creature of any of alien creature ive seen in syfy history?

why cant someone great like bungie, or 2k or rockstar get a hold of this license. instead we get someone that cant do crap with it. which if memory serves is sega.

#36 endofaera

endofaera

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

All Sega did was publish it, Gearbox and a assorted group of other developers stuck their hand in the pot. And it was a matter of to many Chefs in the kitchen.

I'm waiting for the CE to hit $30 before i consider biting on this game.

#37 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

so disappointing how the mighty aliens franchise has fallen. i mean really how do they keep messing up the most awesome alien creature of any of alien creature ive seen in syfy history?

why cant someone great like bungie, or 2k or rockstar get a hold of this license. instead we get someone that cant do crap with it. which if memory serves is sega.

It wasn't SEGA's fault that Aliens: Colonial Marines turned out the way it was, it was the Developers (Gearbox). If you want look at it the other way, SEGA is a victim as much as we are. They paid Gearbox and waited years for it to be created and released, only to get something supremely lacking and lackluster.

http://www.reddit.co...t_at_the_final/

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#38 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

All Sega did was publish it, Gearbox and a assorted group of other developers stuck their hand in the pot. And it was a matter of to many Chefs in the kitchen.

Nail on the head.

Instead of a crew of die hard enthusiasts putting together a project they could be proud of, they subcontracted it out to seemingly dispassionate yet (arguably) competent craftsman, and it shows.

The other AVP games at least felt like the devs cared about what they were trying to accomplish, but with Aliens CM it feels more like you had people just checking milestones off a list as they dropped the various components into into place.

-Pulse Rifle sounds?: Check
-Aliens character Models?: Check
-Skyboxes?: Check
-Creative Level Design?: Good Enough
-Cohesion in plot and/or storytelling?: Not our Department.

The Dark Horse Aliens comic series from the 80's is still the reigning champion for a "true" sequel to the Cameron film. (Read the original numbered prints, folks! NOT Omnibus 1).

Look at Crysis 2 Total Conversion someone is making, recreating AVP1 (albeit without the "P" portion): http://www.pcgamer.c...name=0&ns_fee=0

*edit*

Olengie, you come through again with the reddit link. The drama that exists due the games release is more gripping than the story itself, lol!

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Bordlerands 2

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: LEGO Marvel

:wii: New Super Mario Bros

:ds: n/a

#39 h4mx0r

h4mx0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

I just really want the CE statue. Do you guys think I've got a good chance of acquiring one of them (ideally just an unopened CE) for even cheaper without much difficulty?
Posted Image

#40 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

Nail on the head.

Instead of a crew of die hard enthusiasts putting together a project they could be proud of, they subcontracted it out to seemingly dispassionate yet (arguably) competent craftsman, and it shows.

The other AVP games at least felt like the devs cared about what they were trying to accomplish, but with Aliens CM it feels more like you had people just checking milestones off a list as they dropped the various components into into place.

-Pulse Rifle sounds?: Check
-Aliens character Models?: Check
-Skyboxes?: Check
-Creative Level Design?: Good Enough
-Cohesion in plot and/or storytelling?: Not our Department.

The Dark Horse Aliens comic series from the 80's is still the reigning champion for a "true" sequel to the Cameron film. (Read the original numbered prints, folks! NOT Omnibus 1).

Look at Crysis 2 Total Conversion someone is making, recreating AVP1 (albeit without the "P" portion): http://www.pcgamer.c...name=0&ns_fee=0

Randy Pitchford and Gearbox declared themselves to be a Big of the Alien Series, and how they were super excited and honoured to work on the Alien Series. If that was true, where was the love in making the way it deserved? Nah, they just decide to outsource to TimeGate and focus on the development of their precious Borderlands series.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#41 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

the statue is basically a plastic toy, just look it up yourself on youtube, cheap quality.

Damn thanks. I always look up unboxing before I actually put my money on it.

#42 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

$39.99 more to go.

I had a crappy day today, Saw this message, Made my day. Thank you so much lol

#43 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

Randy Pitchford and Gearbox declared themselves to be a Big of the Alien Series, and how they were super excited and honoured to work on the Alien Series. If that was true, where was the love in making the way it deserved? Nah, they just decide to outsource to TimeGate and focus on the development of their precious Borderlands series.

Exactly.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Bordlerands 2

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: LEGO Marvel

:wii: New Super Mario Bros

:ds: n/a

#44 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'll bite on the ce for 40 otherwise I want the game for no more than 15

#45 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

It's off the subject but anyone notice that Amazon Warhouse Deals has the Collectors edition for $41-66 bucks? It comes in very good to like new condition and has the disclaimer "codes might be redeemed or expired". What are the odds these are returns or are they the ones that got dented and dinged in the warehouse? Anyone have experience with buying from Amazon Warehouse Deals?

#46 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Does the used copy drop

It did drop to 37.99

#47 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Wow...people really do want to buy a game from a developer who outsources the development and lies through their teeth about it. I really wish I didn't have any morals, because I'd make a bloody fortune.
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#48 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Wow...people really do want to buy a game from a developer who outsources the development and lies through their teeth about it. I really wish I didn't have any morals, because I'd make a bloody fortune.

Here's to hoping Furious Four doesn't turn into shit~

#49 GreyFoxx2002

GreyFoxx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'll want it for the front loader statue.

#50 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

It's actually not a bad game. Not a AAA title for sure, but still okay. It bears similarities to Doom 3 in the mood and control feel.

I agree. Played single player and multiplayer on the 360 and didn't run into any bugs. Seems like the biggest complaints from reviewers are "it didn't match the public demo" (and therefore the graphics are PS2 level) and the aliens run straight at you. Oh yes, and that it was outsourced.

I saw the demo video last year, but couldn't remember what it showed. The graphics are fine. There are better than launch titles but not as good as top tier games like HALO 4 or Crysis. As far as aliens running straight at you, some do, some don't. You still have to be careful of acid and they can take a ton of damage, so there is still a challenge. As far as it being outsourced, I really like Section 8, which was also done by Timegate. The implication is that because it was outsourced, the team doing the work didn't know what they were doing. I disagree.

For me, I felt immersed in the Aliens universe. Game of the year? Nope. Unplayable garbage? Far from it.
Posted Image

#51 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

I just want this to hurry up and blow over cause of all the rage and butthurt over the net about anything gearbox related. I don't want to look for golden key codes on facebook and twitter and only see people whining about wanting to sue gearbox for fraud and lies.

You'd think people would be more aware of what they are buying by watching pre release videos (which when brought up on this topic, people swear there were only old videos shown of CM, and it was a bait and switch, which is a lie cause I cancelled my preorder weeks before it come out when I saw updated gameplay footage), or read early reviews about it before they randomly throw money blindly at something cause it has the Aliens or Gearbox name on it. Amazing how many people don't want to admit they are just as much at fault by ignorance as the company that puts out a shit game.

#52 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'll want it for the front loader statue.

I did too, but I've heard it's a very poorly made PoS. Can anyone who's gotten it confirm/deny?

That seems to be the standard with most figures/statues that come in collector's editions nowadays so I'm not surprised.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#53 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

For me, I felt immersed in the Aliens universe. Game of the year? Nope. Unplayable garbage? Far from it.

And which Aliens Universe is that? Where does this story fit into the "Aliens Universe"? Or are you just talking about the noises and lightning and occasional blind dancing alien?

#54 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I did too, but I've heard it's a very poorly made PoS. Can anyone who's gotten it confirm/deny?

That seems to be the standard with most figures/statues that come in collector's editions nowadays so I'm not surprised.

atleast from I saw on the youtube unboxing video, and what are the reviewers said. The figures is basically cheaply made.

#55 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

And which Aliens Universe is that? Where does this story fit into the "Aliens Universe"? Or are you just talking about the noises and lightning and occasional blind dancing alien?

basically Alien franchise fanboy/ loyalist talk, LOL denial

#56 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

basically Alien franchise fanboy/ loyalist talk, LOL denial

Tell that to this boy here.

http://www.youtube.c...WE4QUw8#t=2m11s
The Silent Owl always gets his mark. Chapapa.