[Amazon] Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniversary Blu-ray - $16.99 (Best Buy PM)

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
V4Y37xG.jpg

Who Framed Roger Rabbit: 25th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray)
$16.99

[quote name='Gden']What I don't get is why they had to shrink down the cover art, and put the stupid red border on.[/QUOTE]

To make it classy.

When does Amazon update the pre-order price guarantee? Mine is still at $23.99.

[quote name='soccerstud652']To make it classy.

When does Amazon update the pre-order price guarantee? Mine is still at $23.99.[/QUOTE]

It takes a while. Sometimes it won't and they'll refund the difference after the fact. If you're really worried, just cancel and re-order.

Hmm. Since this is a not-quite-Disney release, I wonder what the price trend is gonna be like. I tend to break my "$10 rule" for animated stuff.

I read some reviews and they been giving this release good scores, I will definitely be picking up this movie, I loved it as a kid. I wish BB had a steelbook release.

Everyone else that preordered from Amazon get an email this morning saying their order was delayed due to manufacturing issues?

[quote name='jjks']Everyone else that preordered from Amazon get an email this morning saying their order was delayed due to manufacturing issues?[/QUOTE]

I think everyone did!

[quote name='Mako1215']I think I'll grab this @ BB for the reward points.[/QUOTE]

That’s pretty much why I buy from Bestbuy if Amazon or any other retail store has it for the same price.

Even then, I just price match at Bestbuy unless a certain retailer has an exclusive I MUST have.

[quote name='jjks']Everyone else that preordered from Amazon get an email this morning saying their order was delayed due to manufacturing issues?[/QUOTE]

Sure did. Now to see if they are doing anything about it.

Mine shipped as well

I have no idea what happened with this, it's so random. I pre-ordered almost as soon as it went on Amazon, it was packaged on Saturday and finally had some movement on it today, coming out of KS it should be here tomorrow.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Is Amazon doing anything to compensate for this delay?[/QUOTE]

What can they do? Not every delay comes with a "sorry" treat. Plus it's not from their end too, if it's a manufacturing delay. Wouldn't be their jurisdiction, really.

Decided to get it off Amazon myself since I wanted something else for free shipping. I can wait though! As long as I can get it at that pricepoint. Sure disappointed that none of the other Disney titles had any coupons for single copies, just the "buy 2 and save a bit of money". Sounds like Disney has really been cutting back...

Yup. We'll see how long this delay takes.

That's odd. Maybe they accidentally used the original work print with toon snatch included and had to recall? :lol:

Either way, I'm picking this up at BB today so hopefully they're stocked!

[quote name='Jodou']That's odd. Maybe they accidentally used the original work print with toon snatch included and had to recall? :lol:

Either way, I'm picking this up at BB today so hopefully they're stocked![/QUOTE]

From sticker on the copy I picked up at BestBuy today:

CORRECTION:
On the DVD inside the Combo Pack, the aspect ratio is actually Full Screen (1.33:1), and the "Valiant Files" bonus feature and French & Spanish subtitles are NOT included.
OUR BAD!
For help, call 1-800-72 Disney or email [email protected]

I saw the same thing when I picked mine up. They were too cheap to include a widescreen copy on DVD? My guess is they're recalling them to change the fine print, not the DVD. fuckers.

Bullshit, I preordered this last year and it says it won't come in till the 22 or the 30th WTF! I have Amazon Prime and it hasn't even shipped yet!

Just got my Amazon copy for free.... They couldn't find my delay email, and I was on chat for about 45 minutes. $20 credit back.

[quote name='tyron3biggum5']From sticker on the copy I picked up at BestBuy today:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. Must have picked up my copy before they put any of these stickers or notices up.

[quote name='gossamer']Thanks for posting. Must have picked up my copy before they put any of these stickers or notices up.[/QUOTE]
That may not be the case. I believe that only certain batches had the faulty disc included. I stopped by several stores that had multiple copies in stock; none of which had any stickers or paper notices attached to them. I would check the DVD and see if it's full screen or widescreen, and whether or not The Valiant Files feature is included. If they are, then you have one with the correct DVD.

Basically it sounds like the sticker was an immediate solution to the bad batch that was made, and Disney later decieded that they'd rather take the hit on production cost and asked stores to send them back. I was very pleased to grab the last stickered copy in town yesterday.

Edit:
Bluray.com link to the WFRR thread that doesn't require an account: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=200103

My order from BestBuy.com arrived without a slipcover, so I have no idea if the sticker was there or not. Thinking about taking it in to the local store for a replacement.

[quote name='Jodou']I saw the same thing when I picked mine up. They were too cheap to include a widescreen copy on DVD? My guess is they're recalling them to change the fine print, not the DVD. fuckers.[/QUOTE]

Fullscreen instead of Widescreen?? Who framed Who Framed Roger Rabbit?! :D

I should have pre-ordered. I figured I'd be able to stroll into a store and snag the movie but I was wrong. Only a few BB's in AZ received the movie and they all just happen to be 45+ minutes away from me. It's even in the Sunday circular which is BS.

I ended up ordering it online even though it is on 1-2 week backorder; had a $5 cert + there is a shady/confusing 500 points bonus Facebook offer.

Bummer about fullscreen DVD. I have the older DVD release of the movie still; I'm pretty sure it is WS.

Folks on the Bluray.com forum are reporting that Disney is replacing the DVDs. Send an email/call the number on the sticker. Not all copies were affected.

So it was a snafu?

20130312_193547_zps1a3b4b0b.jpg

Correction sticker LOL.

Looks like the DVD is Full Screen and NO bonus features. There is a phone number to call - likely to get replacements from Disney.

Wonder if me being on backorder is a GOOD thing?

Check THIS out :(

image1363130195197205.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']Fullscreen instead of Widescreen?? Who framed Who Framed Roger Rabbit?! :D[/QUOTE]
Lol. . .

My Best Buy had them already priced at $16.99. I didn't see the sticker saying the DVD was the wrong ratio... I hope Disney makes good on this and swaps it out or throws something my way for the trouble.

I just got an email reply from them.

There are also theories that it is the right ratio and Disney noticed something racy and wanted to get as many off of the shelves as they could. Probably not true but it being Roger Rabbit it is possible.

[quote name='M3wThr33']That's STAPLED to the slipcover? Jesus CHRIST.[/QUOTE]

lol... The store I went to yesterday had a small piece of tape, lol@stapels.

bread's done
Back