Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#5581 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

The OP isn't really for us.

Yeah, the OP and title are really for the non-regs who are actually impressed by some of these deals. And I don't mean that sarcastically, because every now and then when you see someone start a new thread for a Steam deal it gets attention from names I never recognized.

Couldn't someone just start a new thread? I mean, this one is 112 pages already -- do we need to wait for a forum breaking thread length before moving on?

I mean it. For all I know there's some moderator law about starting a new thread.

Actually, I read this thread but rarely go to Steam's main page. Because there's rarely anything there that I care about and at least this thread has some banter. I just assume I'll hear of anything noteworthy here and it's not as though Steam sales are time sensitive where I need to be first to buy something the second the sales flip.

I'm the same way, not that I don't bother checking places like GG, GMG, Gamefly, etc. but I know the deals will find their way to CAG eventually so it's just much more convenient and that is the purpose of this site.

I nominate anyone with no life, excluding myself ;)

Just kidding, I'd do it if no one else wants to.

I'm fine updating the title. Maybe we could split the week up for updating the OP (maybe a silly idea, but I'd be fine doing sunday's sales, since I've nothing ever to do on them anyways). If someone wants to man up and do it all by their self though, by all means, please go right ahead;)

I'm fine with anyone starting it. The commitment isn't big at all. The title really only needs to be updated on Tuesdays and Thursdays since the dailies are rarely that impressive.

I meant anyone who visits CAG on a regular basis. But I guess there are some people that absolutely make this THE center point of their deal shopping and don't bother to check the major online game retailers/DD storefronts. Seems odd to me.

You know, I would think the same, but new deals get quickly buried within the thread and lots of people who aren't regulars in this thread just like to glance at the forum topic titles to see if anything jumps at them from the title.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#5582 AVacuousSmile

AVacuousSmile

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

Free Steam codes for Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 here.

Extra big thanks for this! :bouncy:

#5583 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

well, the deed is done:mrgreen:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=343649
A chilled bottom is the root of all illness.

#5584 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

Anyone wowed by anything over at Amazon.com mayhem? Cursory glance and I didn't see anything. Waiting on bioshock.

I bought the Sega Fun Pack - $9.99
Spoiler
and Sonic Action Pack - $9.99
Spoiler

EDIT: Copied to the new thread...

#5585 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

Couldn't someone just start a new thread? I mean, this one is 112 pages already -- do we need to wait for a forum breaking thread length before moving on?

I mean it. For all I know there's some moderator law about starting a new thread.

The Amazon thread is nearing 600 pages and hasn't broken the forum yet, a measly 112 is nothing actually. I think during the height of the winter sale we were cranking out 10-20 pages a day.

#5586 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

The Amazon thread is nearing 600 pages and hasn't broken the forum yet, a measly 112 is nothing actually. I think during the height of the winter sale we were cranking out 10-20 pages a day.

New thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=343649

And it's not really about the length, it's about EastX not being around often enough to edit the title.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#5587 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

New thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=343649

And it's not really about the length, it's about EastX not being around often enough to edit the title.

woohoo new thread, also dishonored on gamersgame.com only $3.50
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#5588 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

Free Steam codes for Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 here.

Thanks for the heads-up louiedog! :applause:

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#5589 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

omg stup poasting in teh old thred

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#5590 io

io

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

omg stup poasting in teh old thred

I'll take care of that...