Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#1321 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

but a bit too console-ish for my tastes. I actually never finished.

:roll:

#1322 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

I'm still looking for 2 people to fill my Port Royale 4-Pack; it's gotten crap responses on the Trade Thread. Probably because it's a crap game.

76561197967716198.png

#1323 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Well after spending the day getting fleeced by the mechanic (CHECK ENGINE LIGHT DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!) I see a few bundles have popped up.

Unfortunately, I have so many of the features games I'll like pass on Bundlestars. I somehow have Crash Time 3 on Gamersgate, so Crash Time 2 just doesn't appeal to me!

Bundle in a Box looks slightly better at the minimum entry point mostly for vampires, but I will wait to see how much it will drop for that second adventure game in the BTA tier.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1324 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Agreed. Shadow Complex was my favorite Xbox 360 exclusive game of all time. ALL time.

It was probably mine as well. My second was Dead Rising.

Humble Bundle is doing weekly sales with their store items.

Up now is Bastion for $1+. Beating the average gets you bonus content. Paying $25+ gets you merch.

link

I own Bastion but I will keep an eye on this weekly. :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1325 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Just realized that Worms Armageddon returned to the Store. I hope to see it in a future bundle.

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#1326 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Organ Trail was greenlit, I couldn't find any info of it being in any bundle? Was hoping maybe some people would have cheaper keys for sale.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1327 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

you ever played shadow complex? that's the route i wish modern castlevania took.

I'd like to see Shadow Complex one day get a PC port...

#1328 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Oh man that game looks AWESOME. Instead of dysentary you die of dismemberment. Seriously, that game looks great. There isn't enough Oregon Trail in the world to satisfy me - and when you add zombies, SOLD. If anyone got a key from HB I'll take it off your hands.

Have you played FTL? Its like a modern version of Oregon Trail with spaceships. I had been skeptical about it from the start, but after playing it for a while I am hooked.

#1329 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

Me too once again. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1330 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Not like it was $3.75 for the first time a week ago... more like a year ago. Anyway, it's got good art, nice music, but a bit too console-ish for my tastes. I actually never finished. Got bored of the combat. Plays more like an early NES game than an ARPG (not that it was billed as an ARPG).

While you're entitled to your opinion, what you said is quite inaccurate. It's actually a very solid, very challenging isometric RPG-platformer, with a good story and multiple endings. And let me tell you, New Game+ on the hardest difficulty will annihilate even the best. It's so intense with all the Idols activated that you'll most likely cry.

I highly recommend Bastion, as someone who played it through multiple times for all the endings (as opposed to someone who never finished it). The art is good, the story is good, and the music is great, but the gameplay is what makes it unique.

#1331 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

me too, it's too bad the team that made it only makes iPhone games now

they were making a sequel and got pulled off it to make infinity blade

Hand__Of__God.png

#1332 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

That's a great way to screw your bathroom up. ;)

A great way to Phillup your waste basket.

Posted Image

Agreed. Shadow Complex was my favorite Xbox 360 exclusive game of all time. ALL time.

It was a fantastic game, but really, of ALL time?

Have you guys played Dust: An Elysian Tale on XBLA? Same genre, but IMO it's even better.

Really? I was kinda put off by it. Felt like it was kinda neopets-esqe cartoony, and wanted nothing to do with that

So Dinner Date is the only Steam game. Any thoughts?

Fuck YA, ITS LIKE ONLY THE BEST DAMN GAME OUT THERE! And by that I mean I've never played it....yet.....

*pop wars

EXACTLY, pop wars

Organ Trail, not Oregon.

Wow, never noticed that...fucking dyslexia...

Oh man that game looks AWESOME. Instead of dysentary you die of dismemberment. Seriously, that game looks great. There isn't enough Oregon Trail in the world to satisfy me - and when you add zombies, SOLD. If anyone got a key from HB I'll take it off your hands.

Also on android for the uninformed steam only user on the go!

https://play.google....ions.OrganTrail

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#1333 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

When you redeem something on Steam, does it redeem automatically like Xbox.com does or is it like PlayStation where it shows you what you're redeeming and give you the option to redeem or cancel?

EDIT:
thanks for the answer

#1334 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

When you redeem something on Steam, does it redeem automatically like Xbox.com does or is it like PlayStation where it shows you what you're redeeming and give you the option to redeem or cancel?

psn style

Hand__Of__God.png

#1335 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

It's like Xbox.com. Automatically redeems, doesn't let you cancel. Not like PSN.

#1336 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

psn style

No it's not. It's like Xbox.com

#1337 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Actually, Steam shows you what you're redeeming but you can't cancel it, if you don't want it, it's too late.
Edit: ninja'd x2

#1338 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

actually you guys are right, the screen i'm thinking of just lets you opt out of installing it

Hand__Of__God.png

#1339 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

Just realized that Worms Armageddon returned to the Store. I hope to see it in a future bundle.

The best and most-supported Worms game ever made. Receives updates to this day. Buy now.

#1340 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

The best and most-supported Worms game ever made. Receives updates to this day. Buy now.

Yeah, that's why it's been in my wishlist since I registered (and wasn't available). I'm a CAG though, so I'll wait for a sale price. :lol:

#1341 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Yeah, that's why it's been in my wishlist since I registered (and wasn't available). I'm a CAG though, so I'll wait for a sale price. :lol:

I paid full price to show them how much I hate the games that followed Worms World Party. Why did they drop the incredible animation in favor of uninteresting pseudo-Flash? Why did they replace in full the absolutely perfect physics engine? Compare the velocity, bounce, and friction of a worm in W2, WA, or WWP, to any worm in any game since and you'll see what I mean regarding the physics. It was looser with so much more play at the end of a move...God I could go on forever about how fucking great that the original animation and engine is.

#1342 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Bastion was very solid for the weekend I spent with it to get the 250/250 on XBLA. I have no compulsion to go through it again, but definitely worth the buck and the soundtrack is worth the extra dollar or so. I dug the narrator but I could see him potentially being off-putting to some.

#1343 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Organ Trail was greenlit, I couldn't find any info of it being in any bundle? Was hoping maybe some people would have cheaper keys for sale.

It hasn't been in a bundle. The soundtrack was in the iGame Music Bundle though. :)
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#1344 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Xbox style

#1345 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

Doesn't matter who the post was for, don't post it again. It's the STEAM thread.
gwensigol8.png

#1346 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

I have and funny you say that I literally called it Oregon Trail for adults in my Steam recommendation. Also Organ Trail plays fairly solid on Android but the shoot mechanism can be slightly frustrating.

Now thanks your post and seeing Organ Trial got green lit I have the Insane urge to go and play The original Oregon trial that was installed on every school computer.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#1347 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Doesn't matter who the post was for, don't post it again. It's the STEAM thread.

When I see your name and avatar, I think of this:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1348 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Have you played FTL? Its like a modern version of Oregon Trail with spaceships. I had been skeptical about it from the start, but after playing it for a while I am hooked.

I have and funny you say that I literally called it Oregon Trail for adults in my Steam recommendation. Also Organ Trail plays fairly solid on Android but the shoot mechanism can be slightly frustrating.

Edit somehow I missed the 'fun' post.

#1349 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

The price for Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is out, it is selling for $49.99. Guess we will have to wait for some time before it hits a lower price since the game is published by Activision.

#1350 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

The price for Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is out, it is selling for $49.99. Guess we will have to wait for some time before it hits a lower price since the game is published by Activision.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha