Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#121 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Today's deal is Miasmata at 66% off ($5.10)

Miasmata is a first-person survival/adventure game, developed from the ground-up by brothers Joe and Bob Johnson. You play as Robert Hughes, a plague-stricken scientist on a journey to discover a cure. Your adventure begins on the shores of a remote and mysterious island.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie

#122 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'd say no, it's a Paradox game so there have been, and will be, cheaper options from Amazon.

It was in the Plentiful Paradox Pack which was originally $10 then later for $7.50. I'm not sure if it went lower. You might find it cheap in trades thread.

Okay, thanks for the advice.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#123 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Today's deal is Miasmata at 66% off ($5.10)

Miasmata is a first-person survival/adventure game, developed from the ground-up by brothers Joe and Bob Johnson. You play as Robert Hughes, a plague-stricken scientist on a journey to discover a cure. Your adventure begins on the shores of a remote and mysterious island.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie

The curse of the indie. If I didn't have The Cat Lady and Lucius from other bundles I'd be tempted. Glad to see it hit at least 66% off though.

Also:

http://www.greenmang...q=killing floor

75% off KF and DLC on GMG until monday. I think there might be another 20% off code floating around.

I'm buying DLC since Steam has been so stingy with it lately.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#124 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

And then Kalypso put Tropico 4 on sale at 75% off for a week for some reason that I'm sure no one could guess.

$7.49 for the base game
$9.99 for everything
DLC is $1.24 to $4.99

Also, Tropico 3 for $2.49 or $3.74 for gold edition
Tropico Trilogy (1, 2, 3 gold) $4.99

Edited by louiedog, 08 March 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#125 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

It's live guys!
http://store.steampo...?snr=1_4_4__109

EDIT: Ninja'd

#126 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Exactly, that's pretty much standard if you're going to proceed with a chargeback. You risk getting your account banned, nearly anywhere..

Including Amazon. Amazon accounts can and do get banned for things like excessive returns and, I'd assume, charge-backs. You can find articles where people complain about losing their Kindle libraries. Digital software would be the same.

#127 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

I just voted for Smooth Operators on Steam Greenlight because why build a city or a communist island country when you can build and manage a call center?

#128 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hm, Miasmata seems good. Good price too.

#129 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

And then Kalypso put Tropico 4 on sale at 75% off for a week for some reason that I'm sure no one could guess.

$7.49 for the base game
$9.99 for everything
DLC is $1.24 to $4.99

Also, Tropico 3 for $2.49 or $3.74 for gold edition
Tropico Trilogy (1, 2, 3 gold) $4.99

Ugh, as usual, cheaper to buy the gold pack than all the DLC. I posted a price match request in the Amazon thread, if you own the base game, hop over there and throw some support for it!

#130 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Do the Killing Floor skins have perks or boosts of some kind? Why are some one character only like the chicken and the money guy and others are sets?

#131 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

RPS has a good article talking about EA and about the whole "gaming as a service" direction.

http://www.rockpaper...s-arent-enough/

tl;dr version: game companies should look at real services and note that the stuff they are pulling wouldn't fly with those companies. Also, this crap seems to continue to happen every time, with no one learning lessons from it.

tl;dr version - It is funny that publishers always talk about how consumers don't own games, that we just license them, so essentially we are getting a service, not really a product. Same with MP/RIAA mafia. The problem is, consumers have virtually no rights and the major publishers are now so big that they can just flip the bird to anyone who complains. Publishers currently have no incentive or reason to offer better customer service. And now that EA/Valve/Ubi are both publisher and distributor, we're all fucked.

#132 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Indie Gala Flash Bundle added three Steam titles!

Vegas: Make it Big
Fireburst
Zombie Pirates

#133 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Do the Killing Floor skins have perks or boosts of some kind? Why are some one character only like the chicken and the money guy and others are sets?

It's all cosmetic

#134 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

They are just skins. The sets are typically older, somewhat bland characters. There are some skins you can unlock via achievements, check the KF wiki for details.

#135 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

It's all cosmetic

Anyone who knows this for sure and uses Enhanced Steam should submit DLC categorization requests for it so I can add it to the database. :D

#136 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Anyways, I'd be much more inclined to be up on arms about that Origin chat if the guy who initiated it didn't sound like he was baiting. I mean who ends a chat with "this is going viral."

Someone who realizes just how bad that chat log sounds?

Giving companies a pass because of "policies" just isn't right. Arguing that these companies should be absolved from having to provide what people paid money for because the companies say that they don't want to be held to basic standards of commerce is complete and utter bollocks.

#137 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

It's all cosmetic

They are just skins. The sets are typically older, somewhat bland characters. There are some skins you can unlock via achievements, check the KF wiki for details.

Anyone who knows this for sure and uses Enhanced Steam should submit DLC categorization requests for it so I can add it to the database. :D

It is mostly cosmetic, except that some of the weapon packs have powerful weapons.

The sets aren't necessarily older, just generic sort of sets with skins. The individual ones cost more because they usually have their own voice and a story behind them. So Ash Harding is the first female, Harold Lott says money stuff, and the Robot talks.

They are usually associated with events, so I think the Harold Loot was during the first hillbilly event, Chickenator from Halloween, and Robot from twisted christmas.

You can unlock some characters doing events or special things, but not sure if you can unlock all of the purchasable ones.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#138 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

It is mostly cosmetic, except that some of the weapon packs have powerful weapons.

The sets aren't necessarily older, just generic sort of sets with skins. The individual ones cost more because they usually have their own voice and a story behind them. So Ash Harding is the first female, Harold Lott says money stuff, and the Robot talks.

They are usually associated with events, so I think the Harold Loot was during the first hillbilly event, Chickenator from Halloween, and Robot from twisted christmas.

You can unlock some characters doing events or special things, but not sure if you can unlock all of the purchasable ones.

Ah yeah forgot about the weapons pack.

#139 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

So whats the verdict on the Tropicos. If I just want a tiny bit of a SimCity-esque fix, is cheapest T3 enough? Or should I really shellout and get the complete T4 collection?

#140 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Ah yeah forgot about the weapons pack.

Not really, he asked about skins. The weapon packs are pretty clearly not skins.

#141 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

So whats the verdict on the Tropicos. If I just want a tiny bit of a SimCity-esque fix, is cheapest T3 enough? Or should I really shellout and get the complete T4 collection?

I havent even played T3, but most everyone I have talked to said it is still superior to T4. I have T4, it is pretty fun, but w/o all the DLC it seems lacking. I'd probably spring for the T3 complete, cause I am sure T4 will go on sale again eventually and you can pick it up later if you liked T3.

#142 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Just go for T4, its basically T3++. Adds better graphics, more gameplay options, but similar scenarios.

I do love me some tropico, its one of the few Ive played completely through, and maybe will go back through modern times dlc since I havent played that yet. Most of the dlc from what I can tell though doesnt add much except one extra mission and one or 2 buildings per dlc, thats why I only grabbed modern times since its the only one that seemed to add a significant amount of content. I played through a bunch of T3 but once 4 came out I ended up dropping it and just started on 4

Heres a comparison thread, http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2806469

You also get much larger random maps with T4, all in all its just a much improved version on T3 and you dont really miss out on any content

#143 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm quite tempted to grab Tropico 4 Complete. $10 is good enough, how long will it be to drop to $7.50/$5, It'll take a MSRP drop, but the Complete pack is quite new. I also feel it's a way of showing support for non-connected single-player City Sims.

I just voted for Smooth Operators on Steam Greenlight because why build a city or a communist island country when you can build and manage a call center?

What do you have against people who want to run a Communist Tropical Island? ^_~

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#144 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

What do you have against people who want to run a Communist Tropical Island? ^_~

There's nothing sexy about running a tropical island from a palace with lots of money. Call centers are where it's at. Of course I may also be thinking of a particular type of call center.

#145 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

I was on the fence for the Tropico Trilogy during the winter sale, I think I'll probably cave this time.

#146 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

There's nothing sexy about running a tropical island from a palace with lots of money. Call centers are where it's at. Of course I may also be thinking of a particular type of call center.

Origin Customer Service Call Center? You little devil! ^_~

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#147 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

SimCity New Delhi?

#148 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Well, there certainly isn't if your Presidente is a hirsute pudgy man with the Flatulence trait.

I'm quite tempted to grab Tropico 4 Complete. $10 is good enough, how long will it be to drop to $7.50/$5, It'll take a MSRP drop, but the Complete pack is quite new.

That's a good trigger-pulling price, but my copy of Tropico: Mucho Macho Edition keeps leering at me when I walk into the library and then when I step into the attached bathroom, its en-jewel-cased sequel, Pirate Cove, picks up the slack. Then I actually sit down at the computer and see the Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition and Absolute Power expansion sitting forlornly like neglected lovers in my list of uncategorized and unplayed Steam games. In short, my whole experience with the Tropico series, which is nothing, is already a telenovela.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#149 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

telenovela.

7.7/10 would read again.

#150 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:20 PM