Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#1621 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Indie Gala added Europa Universalis 3

#1622 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

EDIT: And in replying to posts, I forgot the whole reason for coming to the thread. I am sometimes completely oblivious, and in the even other CAGs here are as well, I'd like to share what I learned quite late to the party I can only assume...After reading the description of this Postal 2 steamgift, I learned that previous Groupees Be Mine 3 bundle buyers got Steam codes for Postal 2 as well... You can get your's here if anyone was in the dark about this like I was...

https://secure.desura.com/cart/cdkeys
^Find the game, click "Request Key", redeem on Steam, and done!

Cheers for this! I'm starting to suffer from Sloppy-Key-Tracking syndrome.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1623 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Just FYI, La Mulana is a masterpiece. It's everything good about indie gaming, except that it is such a daunting undertaking that those that finish it will be a slim minority of those that actually play it.

But I think even tasting such masterwork is worth the price of admission. It's not a pile of instant-kills and identical rolling/circle-strafing combat like Dark Souls. You can actually take quite a bit of punishment and escape quite easily, but you are waging campaigns against daunting, enormous, puzzle-filled levels. It's just a fantastic piece of work.

I was just looking for my next platformer to play and your post made me install it. Played about 30 minutes so far and trying to get used to the jumping & whip cracking. From the little I've played and from what I've read, it looks hard as nails. I'm not sure I'll have the patience and time for this game at my age but I'll persevere for now. Thanks for the recommendation!

#1624 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

I didn't notice that there are featured games every day?
Could someone recap the past featured games or point me to a source?
Thanks.

#1625 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

The featured games are just more prominent on display. The prices aren't changing.

#1626 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Think of Feature as paid placement - because that's pretty much what it is.

#1627 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Key drop for Night sky: 9KP8P-6TPRX-ZJNNW

Ended up biting on Antichamber at 40% off. With all the talk of Bioshock preordering I just had to buy myself something, but I definitely don't have the time for Bioshock + Xcom right now, so I decided to go for the indie game I've been dying to get since it was released.

So who do I turn my CAG card into?

#1628 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Ended up biting on Antichamber at 40% off. With all the talk of Bioshock preordering I just had to buy myself something, but I definitely don't have the time for Bioshock + Xcom right now, so I decided to go for the indie game I've been dying to get since it was released.

Buy the games you want when you want to play them at a price you're comfortable with. You'll only be ridiculed if it shows up in a bundle tomorrow morning (which I fully expect since you announced it to the world) or if you paid that to add it to your backlog.

#1629 jaldaen

jaldaen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Thanks! Key is claimed. ;)

#1630 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Read that as Nights into Dreams...and had a mini heart attack.

Anyways. The prices on alot of this Indie Steam is disappointing. Considering the influx of bundles etc. and well its just not deep enough in tons of instances. imohho
Thanks for clearing up the placement question.

Take Anodyne for example. Was 1$ a couple weeks ago when they did that TBP promo. Now on sale its ~6$. Disappoint.g

#1631 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

That would be because it just hit Steam like a day ago.

#1632 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Ended up biting on Antichamber at 40% off.

Interested in Antichamber but I can't bring myself to pay more than $5 for it.

#1633 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Anyone pick up You Need A Budget? It's 66% off... Roughly $20. Seems to be popular.

http://store.steampo...com/app/227320/

#1634 wageslave

wageslave

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I have few steam codes from Desura and I'm not sure if I already redeemed them or had the games from an earlier purchase. I'll post them in case they are good, but it would be really cool if the person who redeems them could post and say whether they worked or not. ;-).

Shattered Horizon IPG0J-7DBPC-60E8Z

Serious Sam 2 XY7MC-ZENF3-KTLLK
Tier Pargon Pargon Redgormor Pargon Pargon Mantorok

#1635 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

I know there was a mention of Dust: An Elysian Tail this past week during the Castlevania talk, and I just read that it's coming to steam soon.

Edit: Shattered Horizon is already used, thanks for the drop though.

#1636 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

My first Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy. There was no number, because there was only one at time. Sometimes this forum makes me feel really old.

Cheers mate. I feel so much younger already. :lol:

I know there was a mention of Dust: An Elysian Tail this past week during the Castlevania talk, and I just read that it's coming to steam soon.

Fantastic game and gorgeous to boot. Some difficulty issues have kept me from completing it, as I'm not super great at hack 'n slash and some difficulty spikes make progress occasionally troublesome. But I wholeheartedly recommend it. Don't let the artstyle throw you; it deals with some heavy themes. At their PAX panel they cited darker animated movies like Secret of Nimh and Watership Down as inspiration for the juxtaposition of style v. substance.

Edited by JustYourAverageJoe, 24 March 2013 - 12:34 AM.

Posted Image

#1637 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

Fantastic game and gorgeous to boot. Some difficulty issues have kept me from completing it, as I'm not super great at hack 'n slash and some difficulty spikes make progress occasionally troublesome. But I wholeheartedly recommend it. Don't let the artstyle throw you; it deals with some heavy themes. At their PAX panel they cited darker animated movies like Secret of Nimh and Watership Down as inspiration for the juxtaposition of style v. substance.

Agreed on all points. Already played on 360 but will gladly buy it on Steam too.

I just wish we could get every good PSN/XBLA exclusive game up in here. There are still way too many digital gems trapped on the consoleboxes.

#1638 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Agreed on all points. Already played on 360 but will gladly buy it on Steam too.

I just wish we could get every good PSN/XBLA exclusive game up in here. There are still way too many digital gems trapped on the consoleboxes.

Yeah, especially given the known certainty with the PS4 (and high probability with Durango) that there won't be any backwards compatibility. It's a shame to think of gems like Journey being lost to the sands of shifting technology, soon to become the Ozymandias of digitally distributed games.

Thankfully, with Steam drawing all the big indies from the quickly festering corpse of XBLA, longevity won't be as big an issue going forward. Double-dipping on Dust for that reason: I want to play my good games again after I've stowed the latest gen of hardware to the storage racks.
Posted Image

#1639 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Cheers for this! I'm starting to suffer from Sloppy-Key-Tracking syndrome.

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I have few steam codes from Desura and I'm not sure if I already redeemed them or had the games from an earlier purchase. I'll post them in case they are good, but it would be really cool if the person who redeems them could post and say whether they worked or not. ;-).

Glad my ignorance was shared, I feel so warm inside

Anyone pick up You Need A Budget? It's 66% off... Roughly $20. Seems to be popular.

When ya are short on cash and gotta learn to budget, the obvious solution is to spend more on a solution that you have on the problem :lol:

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#1640 Latex Robot

Latex Robot

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

When ya are short on cash and gotta learn to budget, the obvious solution is to spend more on a solution that you have on the problem :lol:

lol this is exactly what i was thinking.

#1641 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Yeah, especially given the known certainty with the PS4 (and high probability with Durango) that there won't be any backwards compatibility. It's a shame to think of gems like Journey being lost to the sands of shifting technology, soon to become the Ozymandias of digitally distributed games.

I wouldn't be surprised to see lots of console "arcade" games ported to Android for the OUYA.

#1642 rieper

rieper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

Just bought Dark Souls 2 Prepare to Die on Steam because of the 50% off sale price, but after downloading and clicking on it i get an error message saying "failed to contact key server".....

Anybody know whats going on? Feels like i got ripped off :(
Posted Image

#1643 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Just bought Dark Souls 2 Prepare to Die on Steam because of the 50% off sale price, but after downloading and clicking on it i get an error message saying "failed to contact key server".....

That usually means they've run out of keys. Once they get more in things will work fine.

Edit: There's a warning on the store page that says they're currently out of keys. http://store.steampo...com/app/211420/
Wubwubwubwub.

#1644 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'll post them in case they are good, but it would be really cool if the person who redeems them could post and say whether they worked or not. ;-).

Serious Sam 2 XY7MC-ZENF3-KTLLK

SS2 was used (I expected it to be since you posted hours ago but thought I'd check since no one reported it).

#1645 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Not sure if mentioned or not yet, but Kenshi's Gamersgate keys now activate on Steam. You have to be in the Steam Beta for whatever reason though. Indiefort number one, if you don't recall off the top of your head.

#1646 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

You mean Dark Souls: Prepare To Die.

Dark Souls II is in development, currently.

#1647 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Not sure if mentioned or not yet, but Kenshi's Gamersgate keys now activate on Steam. You have to be in the Steam Beta for whatever reason though. Indiefort number one, if you don't recall off the top of your head.

Many thanks for the info!

#1648 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

Is your activation code for Kenshi super long? Mines like 50 characters and Steam isn't accepting it. I'm not sure if I'm in the Steam beta. How does one get invited into it?

#1649 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

Is your activation code for Kenshi super long? Mines like 50 characters and Steam isn't accepting it. I'm not sure if I'm in the Steam beta. How does one get invited into it?

Yes, it's long. You get into the beta by hitting the steam tab in the top left, and then going to settings. There will be a beta participation section with a drop down menu.

#1650 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

I picked it up last night. I've been really lazy with managing my money lately(10+ years now). I want a new motorcycle, so I figured spending 25 ($5 for the app) was worth it. It's probably worthless for people who are savvy with spreadsheets- not me. Easy to use and their ideas on budgeting are new to me. I'm happy with the purchase.
Posted Image