Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#2041 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

It just occurred to me that Hitman needs good modding tools so that someone can make a Groundhog Day level where you play as Bill Murray and learn Punxsutawney until you can execute that perfect day.

#2042 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I'm looking at Rise of the Argonauts, after warreni's glowing words about it. However I'm looking for a little bit more, as in why is it terrific and what makes it stand out. In addition this looks like the lowest price on price trackers ($4 with coupon).

#2043 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Gamersgate is having a Borderlands weekend.

The 4-pack of Borderlands 2 is 61.15, meaning if somebody has the 20% glitch discount the game comes to 12.23 a person.

I believe that's the lowest non-price mistake price BL2 has been.

#2044 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

The 4-pack of Borderlands 2 is 61.15, meaning if somebody has the 20% glitch discount the game comes to 12.23 a person.

Buy through the UK site and it's $10.79 per person.

#2045 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Since Asheskitty didn't mention it in her post, I'll add that Rise of the Argonauts is a terrific ARPG (best handled with a controller, but still a fun riff on classical mythology).

Right, I remember there being a little bit of excitement over it when it went on sale on GG recently. I couldn't figure exactly why. My post wasn't so much a sale list (though I linked to the whole set), but more about my perspectives on the racers =D

Grid was $3.75 on Steam (2011-10-27) ;)

Dirt 2 is one of the best racers out there. Dirt 1 is great, but Dirt 2 is more "fun".

Well over a year ago, and like $0.30 more now. It's a great racer, I wouldn't let that stop you. It doesn't go on sale enough to confidently say, "grab it @ 75% off on the next steam sale." My post is aimed at games I think CAGs will really like.

FYI, Dirt 1 was pulled from Steam in Fall. Dirt 1 has more rally races, which I personally enjoy.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2046 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Looks like they prematurely ended the 50% off on the Lego Games; I was going to pick them up today.

76561197967716198.png

#2047 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Aww sorry anarchyoblivion.

One thing I forgot to mention for Dirt & GRID is that they have an awesome flashback system than lets you "rewind" up to like 10 seconds to let you "undo" a screwup. IIRC, it's 5 flashbacks on the default difficulty (3, 1, and none on higher difficulties). It's a very player friendly option, that makes screwing up less frustrating.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

#2048 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

fack. @ this weekend deals.

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 28 March 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#2049 blaq

blaq

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Any one up for a 4-pack? I regret passing on the GMG deal :cry:

#2050 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Looks like they prematurely ended the 50% off on the Lego Games; I was going to pick them up today.

Gamersgate still shows them at 50% off, but not all of them are Steamworks.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2051 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

GMG still has the deal plus 20% off coupon.

#2052 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'm looking at Rise of the Argonauts, after warreni's glowing words about it. However I'm looking for a little bit more, as in why is it terrific and what makes it stand out. In addition this looks like the lowest price on price trackers ($4 with coupon).

Sorry, it's been a good 3-4 years since I played. I just remember the combat being fluid, you having the ability to develop your Jason to specialize in a few different weapon types and to have spell-like abilities based on the god's favor that you choose to curry, and there being a strong story loosely based on the story of Jason and the Argonauts.

Right, I remember there being a little bit of excitement over it when it went on sale on GG recently. I couldn't figure exactly why. My post wasn't so much a sale list (though I linked to the whole set), but more about my perspectives on the racers =D.

No slight intended--just wanted to put my 2p out there.

I'm probably going to check out the demos this weekend, but are you basically saying that if you're pretty crappy at racers Dirt 2 and GRID are very forgiving? 8-)

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2053 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Hmm right. See http://www.greenmang....com/hot-deals/
All have "buy" buttons

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Save 50% $14.99

LEGO Batman: The Videogame
Save 50% $9.99

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Save 50% $9.99

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Save 50% $9.99

LEGO Lord of the Rings (NA)
Save 50% $14.99

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2054 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Sorry, it's been a good 3-4 years since I played. I just remember the combat being fluid, you having the ability to develop your Jason to specialize in a few different weapon types and to have spell-like abilities based on the god's favor that you choose to curry, and there being a strong story loosely based on the story of Jason and the Argonauts.

No slight intended--just wanted to put my 2p out there.

I'm probably going to check out the demos this weekend, but are you basically saying that if you're pretty crappy at racers Dirt 2 and GRID are very forgiving? 8-)

^_^

I believe they are the most accessible racers that don't have the bouncing-off-the-walls-at-every-turn physics. The configurability in the assists and difficulty is pure awesome. The flashback mechanic lets you screw up multiple times but still rewind/undo and keep your position. Lower difficulties give more rewinds and less competent opponents. I strongly feel that the rewind makes it far less frustrating and more forgiving without dumbing things down too far. This goes for both Dirt 2 & GRID.

To crib someones forum post in a discussion on difficulty levels:

Some games take it a little too far, and do it wrong, like DiRT 2 for example. There were 6 difficulty levels (easy, casual, hard, serious, savage, extreme) for the career mode with the only difference in reward between them being the amount of credits you won for a particular event.

The fact you could almost complete the career mode with the default cars you were given, on most of the difficulty levels, meant the amount of credits you were awarded for winning events was practically meaningless. By the time I finished the career mode I probably had enough credits to purchase the entire showroom of cars, plus all the upgrades, 10 times over.

In addition, the lowest 3 difficulty levels were so ridiculously easy that I kinda felt cheated completing the game on serious. There was no seperation on the leaderboards for those that played on higher difficulty, leading people in the forums at codemasters to proudly display their "700 race, 698 wins, 2 losses" ratio in their sigs, no realizing how totally inane it was, since you could literally drive the cars in reverse and win on the easy setting.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2055 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Thanks! After looking into Rise of the Argonauts, I decided to bite this time for $4.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2056 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Thanks! After looking into Rise of the Argonauts, I decided to bite this time for $4.

EASILY worth it.

It's good - though nothing great/spectacular, I thought.
Story-telling & voice-acting is good, but the action is awesome - especially with a controller.
Though, more probably could've been done w/ how it handles level-ups; dialogue-choices making an impact; and whatnot.

EDIT:

Aww sorry anarchyoblivion.

One thing I forgot to mention for Dirt & GRID is that they have an awesome flashback system than lets you "rewind" up to like 10 seconds to let you "undo" a screwup. IIRC, it's 5 flashbacks on the default difficulty (3, 1, and none on higher difficulties). It's a very player friendly option, that makes screwing up less frustrating.

I absolutely LOVE the rewind feature in DIRT 2.

Edited by MysterD, 28 March 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#2057 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Steam Daily: Titan Quest Gold @ $5 75% off also TQ: IT is $3.75 in case you have TQ from HIB. This version seems to only have Steam DRM.

TQ: Gold can't be recommended enough - especially at those prices.
Diablo 1 & 2 fans - GET THIS. Awesome Diablo-like ARPG game.

Notable Weekend deals:
Hitman: Absolution @ $10 75% off (dlc 75% off too). And the older Hitman Titles are 75% off, and $15 for the Hitman: 1, 2, Blood Money, & Absolution (no dlc).

Absolution at $10 = STEAL.
The game might be different in many ways than previous Hitman games - but it's still REALLY good.

The (partial) Hitman Collection for $15 (no Hitman: Contracts in there, though) = MAJOR STEAL.

All the GTA titles are 75% off as well including the whole pack for $12.50

How can you go wrong w/ those deals, either?
GTA series is awesome.
I still love GTA: VC best of the club.
I'd love to see a Vice City 2 one day.

Edited by MysterD, 28 March 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#2058 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

So looking though the list of current specials I am seeing quite a few "cheap" indie games that are on my wishlist. Is there anything there that would be considered a don't-miss-at-this-price kind of game that you wouldn't expect to find in a bundle any time soon? Outside of the Titan Quest Gold and the GTA stuff?

#2059 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

So looking though the list of current specials I am seeing quite a few "cheap" indie games that are on my wishlist. Is there anything there that would be considered a don't-miss-at-this-price kind of game that you wouldn't expect to find in a bundle any time soon? Outside of the Titan Quest Gold and the GTA stuff?

Pretty much all of the spring indie sale has been cheaper in the past or will definitely be cheaper in the summer.

Not a lot of great deals to be had there.

#2060 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

RE: Jason and the Argonauts

MysterD went on about it much more in the GG thread awhile ago.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#2061 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Pretty much all of the spring indie sale has been cheaper in the past or will definitely be cheaper in the summer.

Or will be in a bundle.

#2062 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

RE: Jason and the Argonauts

MysterD went on about it much more in the GG thread awhile ago.

MysterD has never met a game he didn't feel like reviewing.

#2063 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Isn't there some sort of annoyance with some of the GTAs and DRM? I recall seeing that somewhere at some point. I'd use SteamPlus but I am on mobile.

#2064 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Isn't there some sort of annoyance with some of the GTAs and DRM? I recall seeing that somewhere at some point. I'd use SteamPlus but I am on mobile.

I believe IV uses GFWL. Possibly there is also some Rockstar Social Club nonsense in there as well, but that might have started with releases after IV.

EDIT: According to Enhanced Steam GTA IV and San Andreas also have SecuRom on top of that.

That's a hell of a lot of DRM on one game for IV.

#2065 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

GFWL (the old with-activation-limits kind) + Rockstar social club + SecuROM (unlimited for GT4, 15 activations for EFLC) according to the Big List.

#2066 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

GTA4 PC & EFLC PC always requires G4WL, Rockstar Social Club, & Securom Internet DRM.
Get a Steam-version of those (from Steam directly or anyone else selling a Steam-DRM version) - then also toss Steam on top of that.

Steam-Versions of GTA4 PC & EFLC PC can be run w/out Steam running (in the background), once you download the game from Steam.
You can check that out by doing the "run the game's EXE file w/ Steam closed" and if it doesn't boot Steam, you're in luck; so you might then want to make a shortcut of that EXE from the game-folder, if you want.
[SIDE NOTE - Steam-versions of RFG, Fallout 3, and Borderlands 1 can be booted that way, as well.]
That's useful info, just in case you have problems w/ Steam-client program, for some blasted reason.

#2067 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Copy/pasting my Rise of the Argonauts rating blurb from Goozex:

"Looks modern-console shiny, but some of the character models are stiff.

Music is appropriate and sound effects are okay. The voice acting is great, but at times hampered by the writing.

Action-RPG but really light on the RP. Skimpy skill trees. The combat has a satisfying crunch, but it's mostly button-mashing. Level design feels cramped and linear.

Overall, the story is well-pieced together, but some of the dialogue is laughable or ham-handed. NPCs feel like scenery."

If I had to do it over again, I'd've left it in the backlog longer.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2068 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

MysterD has never met a game he didn't feel like reviewing.

Yeah, that's probably true, for the most part... ;)

#2069 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

anyone else have this in their inventory?
Posted Image
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2070 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

anyone else have this in their inventory?

Spoiler

Road Trip? :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly