Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#2611 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Origins of Malu Closed Beta Giveaway
They have 7843 keys left here
http://www.alienware...a-key-giveaway/
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2612 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Evoland looks awesome but I'll wait for 66%+ or bundle.

I just watched the video and immediately added the game to my wishlist. What a great concept!

#2613 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

here's a free Red Orchestra 2 code

NL97W-CWD5F-P9KCD

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#2614 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

here's a free Red Orchestra 2 code

NL97W-CWD5F-P9KCD

Hey man, thanks alot for this code. I thought I had this game and I always compulsively check CAG codes just in case =).

#2615 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

I noticed GamersGate has Might & Magic games on sale, including Clash of Heroes which activates on Steam. It's $2.49 which is cheaper than it's ever been (msrp used to be 14.99, now it's 9.99.) Even better if you have the 20% off discount.

#2616 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Today's deal is the

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition ($9.99)
Also known as Out Of This World™, Another World is a pioneer action/platformer that released across more than a dozen platforms since its debut in 1991. Along the years, Another World™ has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Platformer

Another World is part of the current Humble Mobile Bundle which makes me very sad that there are no Steam keys, but hopeful that it will show up again in a future one with PC/Mac/Linux included.

Hurrrrraaaaah!

#2617 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

I noticed GamersGate has Might & Magic games on sale, including Clash of Heroes which activates on Steam. It's $2.49 which is cheaper than it's ever been (msrp used to be 14.99, now it's 9.99.) Even better if you have the 20% off discount.

Yeah, I saw that, is the game any good?

Also, looking at the Evoland trailer it looks like the game goes from say Gameboy (non-color) to NES ro SNES, but I'm not quite sure it makes the full jump to N64/PS1 territory. It looks like some of the scenes are a little 3D, but not full on 3D.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2618 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition ($9.99)
Also known as Out Of This World™, Another World is a pioneer action/platformer that released across more than a dozen platforms since its debut in 1991. Along the years, Another World™ has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Platformer

Now we need Flashback: Quest for Identity to get the same treatment.

#2619 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Yes. A lot of people liked it more than I did, and at $2.50, it's a steal. Assuming you like puzzle games at all.

#2620 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

There is a demo on Steam, but from what I played of the original DS version it's well worth it. Neat blend of strategy/puzzle/rpg gameplay. The PC release has identical game play but with very pretty high-res 2D art which I can always appreciate.

#2621 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Today is a sad day.

My cousin just bought Magicka.... at full price!

#2622 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Today is a sad day.

Wow. It's a rare opportunity to be able to buy Magicka at full price. :lol:

#2623 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Today is a sad day.

Paradox just tweeted they are celebrating the first full price sale of Magicka... ever!

There is a demo on Steam, but from what I played of the original DS version it's well worth it. Neat blend of strategy/puzzle/rpg gameplay. The PC release has identical game play but with very pretty high-res 2D art which I can always appreciate.

Yes. A lot of people liked it more than I did, and at $2.50, it's a steal. Assuming you like puzzle games at all.

Thanks for the info, might fire up the demo if I get some time this weekend.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2624 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Wow. It's a rare opportunity to be able to buy Magicka at full price. :lol:

Hahaha.

#2625 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Also, looking at the Evoland trailer it looks like the game goes from say Gameboy (non-color) to NES ro SNES, but I'm not quite sure it makes the full jump to N64/PS1 territory. It looks like some of the scenes are a little 3D, but not full on 3D.

IDK they look to get fairly close to PS1 era. Regardless it was an immediate Wishlist add for me, the concept is fantastic!

#2626 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

I gotta say, Omerta got bad reviews, but I loved it. May be worth picking up at this price if you're big on squad based combat and you like economic minigames (which is really all the sim overlay is).

#2627 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Divinity is possibly on sale to drum up intersted in their kickstarter. I know I'll be purchasing and checking out to see if it's worth donating.

Keep in mind the game they are pitching now is a turn-based party game like the older games of the Ultima series (which ironically, Richard Garriott himself is NOT producing with his own Kickstarter campaign). So while the games are in the same universe they are very different in terms of gameplay. Of course, the quality is still there.

#2628 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Keep in mind the game they are pitching now is a turn-based party game like the older games of the Ultima series (which ironically, Richard Garriott himself is NOT producing with his own Kickstarter campaign). So while the games are in the same universe they are very different in terms of gameplay. Of course, the quality is still there.

They also have an RTS in development as well, Divinity: Dragon Commander

#2629 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Now we need Flashback: Quest for Identity to get the same treatment.

YES!!!
I like this idea.

I got Flashback on my old Genesis - great game.

#2630 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Don't get me started. Lord British why you gotta do us like that?

He has some fantasy that the pinnacle of PC gaming is playing with other people and it will be all happy fluffy bunnies and everyone will be respectful and have this great experience role playing that you can't have in a single player game. Right.

Original Sin looks really good and I have high hopes for it but I'm passing on the Kickstarter and will grab it later on. $25 minimum? Um, yeah I'll wait. I feel like the price of these kickstarters is inching up to the point where you aren't really paying much if at all less for the game and you still have to wait a long time for a product. From the wanting to support a game end it's fine but from a get in early and get a deal not so much anymore.

The whole 'pay $20 extra for beta access!' so you can help them test their game and get early access to a product you are already paying for well in advance doesn't sit well with me either, but just like PC versions of mobile ports selling for $5-10 while the mobile version is 99 cents, everyone is doing it and what I or anyone else might think about it doesn't seem to matter much.

mdUFwSE.png

#2631 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Divinity 2 is criminally overlooked, mostly due to the poor console version but the PC version IMO is one of the best RPGs to come out in quite a long time.

First game is also highly regarded and worth playing and it's been remastered for windows 7.

#2632 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

\

Pretty good deal for Divine Anthology, I don't think Divinity 2 has been much lower than that. I got Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity from GOG, and Divinity 2 for $6 from Amazon so I'll be passing.

Good deal imo, because the cheapest you've been able to pick these up has been:
$1 - Divine Divinity (GOG)
~$2 - Beyond Divinity (GMG w/Crapsule)
$6 - Divinity II DKS (Amazon, and still not get the update with the command console)
Total $9

So having them all on Steam for $1 more seems rather good.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2633 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

\

$6 - Divinity II DKS (Amazon, and still not get the update with the command console)
Total $9

Beyond Divinity was once FREE one day on GMG (the version which required Crapsule). :P

EDIT:
I discussed some GMG's Crapsule DRM version HERE.

EDIT 2:

\

Bother Support@Larian.com, if you bought a version of DKS from Amazon DVG back when the game actually had Securom DRM key attached to it - and include the Securom key in an E-mail.
They'll hook you up w/ DC from their Larian Vault.

See HERE.

Edited by MysterD, 05 April 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#2634 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

\

Total $9

Actually, you could have gotten Divine Divinity for a penny if you were cheap enough ;), and as said by MysterD, Beyond Divinity was given away on GMG. I managed to get Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity free from a generous guy on GOG.

#2635 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Actually, you could have gotten Divine Divinity for a penny if you were cheap enough ;), and as said by MysterD, Beyond Divinity was given away on GMG. I managed to get Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity free from a generous guy on GOG.

The only humble bundle I ever paid less than $1 for was the Botanicula bundle. They wanted $5 min for a steam key, so I gave then $0.25 (and don't spent it all in one place!). My PWYW cheapness has limits.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2636 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

Bother Support@Larian.com, if you bought a version of DKS from Amazon DVG back when the game actually had Securom DRM key attached to it - and include the Securom key in an E-mail.
They'll hook you up w/ DC from their Larian Vault.

See HERE.

Thanks I was aware of that, but I have the DRM-FREE version, which puts me firmly in the screwed over category. ...I wonder if they've realized that's why they receive a footless rabbit in the mail every month.

#2637 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

Thanks I was aware of that, but I have the DRM-FREE version, which puts me firmly in the screwed over category. ...I wonder if they've realized that's why they receive a footless rabbit in the mail every month.

Go kick & scream some more at Amazon DVG Tony and tell him to bug Focus to get DKS updated to DC Edition. :P
I gave up on it b/c....well, Larian took care of my problem.

#2638 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

Oooh, new mod to summon GFWL friends in Dark Souls: PtD
DSCfix

#2639 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

Oooh, new mod to summon GFWL friends in Dark Souls: PtD
DSCfix

While DSCFix sounds interesting, this is what really worries me....

Disclaimer:
Due to the nature of DSCfix it must make changes to the internal functionality of Dark Soul's multiplayer networking code.
Although there have been no issues during testing of DSCfix, I cannot be held responsible for any potential malfunctioning of the code or GFWL bans.
Use DSCfix at your own risk.

#2640 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

The only humble bundle I ever paid less than $1 for was the Botanicula bundle. They wanted $5 min for a steam key, so I gave then $0.25 (and don't spent it all in one place!). My PWYW cheapness has limits.

My cheapness has no limit. I'm sure I paid a penny to get Divine Divinity on GOG.