Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#2641 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Original Sin looks really good and I have high hopes for it but I'm passing on the Kickstarter and will grab it later on. $25 minimum? Um, yeah I'll wait. I feel like the price of these kickstarters is inching up to the point where you aren't really paying much if at all less for the game and you still have to wait a long time for a product. From the wanting to support a game end it's fine but from a get in early and get a deal not so much anymore.

The whole 'pay $20 extra for beta access!' so you can help them test their game and get early access to a product you are already paying for well in advance doesn't sit well with me either, but just like PC versions of mobile ports selling for $5-10 while the mobile version is 99 cents, everyone is doing it and what I or anyone else might think about it doesn't seem to matter much.

I saw a news article today saying that PC gaming (even big studios with AAA titles) these days is more or less crowdfunded production with the ruse of selling a product. I thought that was kind of profound and actually makes a lot of sense with what we're seeing not only on Kickstarter but also with season passes, DLC, and the like.

#2642 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

My cheapness has no limit. I'm sure I paid a penny to get Divine Divinity on GOG.

I made sure to pay the penny for DD, as well - namely for Soundtrack; DRM-FREE version; and for a Non-GameStop PC App version.

I already had DD from Retail disc and GameStop PC App.

GameStop PC App....yeah, it can be a pain for game back-ups.
You need to archive your game for each damn OS, for reinstalls!

#2643 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

#2644 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

@Draekon
Word!
So, what game is that from...?

#2645 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

@Draekon
Word!
So, what game is that from...?

Looks like it's from the newly released Evoland. :D

#2646 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

Looks like it's from the newly released Evoland. :D

You would be correct. Put about two hours into it so far and seems like there might be two left to finish the story. Seems like a short game but it's pretty awesome if you started gaming since at least the NES era and enjoy adventure/rpg games. I've gone through Zelda, Final Fantasy and just recently the Diablo sections.

Definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested. At CAG prices, I'd say 50% off is a fair price for it when it goes on sale.

The only bad thing I can say about it so far is... no controller support. I had to load up Xpadder for the first time in a long time. Oh and the random battle parts are a tad too much.

#2647 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Well I had been trying to stay strong, but finally broke down and picked up the Divine Anthology. Kept telling myself I wouldn't have time to get to them before the next time they go on sale, but just couldn't resist. I loved the first DD, fun writing and just a really well designed game, reminded me of what Ultima could/should have been like after VII/Serpent's Gate. Hopefully, the other two are as satisfying.

#2648 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

Well I had been trying to stay strong, but finally broke down and picked up the Divine Anthology. Kept telling myself I wouldn't have time to get to them before the next time they go on sale, but just couldn't resist. I loved the first DD, fun writing and just a really well designed game, reminded me of what Ultima could/should have been like after VII/Serpent's Gate. Hopefully, the other two are as satisfying.

I just wish I could turn off the English voice-acting in DD. :-x

#2649 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Divine Divinity is probably my second favorite Diablo style ARPG (behind Titan Quest), and Divinity 2 is just awesome. If you don't have either of those, buy the Anthology, seriously. Two completely different style games, yet they're both awesome.

I haven't played Beyond Divinity, but I've heard both good and bad about it. Probably the weakest of the three, but still worth the price. Larian is great.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2650 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

I played BD, but never actually finished.
Yeah, it's good - and actually darker than DD.

But, yeah - DD and Div 2: DKS are just awesome.
DD feels like a more open-world Diablo...
...while Div 2: DKS feels more like a cross somewhere say b/t Fable and Oblivion/Skyrim.

Highly recommend the Divinity series.

#2651 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

Great. Thanks, Draekon. Now I want to play Evoland. :P

#2652 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

I played BD, but never actually finished.
Yeah, it's good - and actually darker than DD.

But, yeah - DD and Div 2: DKS are just awesome.
DD feels like a more open-world Diablo...
...while Div 2: DKS feels more like a cross somewhere say b/t Fable and Oblivion/Skyrim.

Highly recommend the Divinity series.

The gameplay is a lot different than Fable or Skyrim though. It's basically a medieval TPS. Sort of like an MMO the way you map your abilities to your hotkeys and execute them on the fly (think The Secret World or SWTOR), but completely on a platformer/action style real time combat system.

It's good. It can be crazy difficult too if you don't train and gear up accordingly. Jumping into the battle with Amdusias? Holy shit.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2653 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

I was missing Divine Divinity from Steam for some reason. Looks like a good day to take care of that...

76561197971332172.png

#2654 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

Why is it when I'm broke, I want more games? :P

#2655 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

Divine Divinity is probably my second favorite Diablo style ARPG (behind Titan Quest), and Divinity 2 is just awesome. If you don't have either of those, buy the Anthology, seriously. Two completely different style games, yet they're both awesome.

I haven't played Beyond Divinity, but I've heard both good and bad about it. Probably the weakest of the three, but still worth the price. Larian is great.

Wow. That is high praise. Exciting thanks.

#2656 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

The gameplay is a lot different than Fable or Skyrim though. It's basically a medieval TPS. Sort of like an MMO the way you map your abilities to your hotkeys and execute them on the fly (think The Secret World or SWTOR), but completely on a platformer/action style real time combat system.

It's good. It can be crazy difficult too if you don't train and gear up accordingly. Jumping into the battle with Amdusias? Holy shit.

Well, combat feels similar to say Fable.
And like Fable, Div 2: DKS definitely can be comedic and funny.
And even throw some in-jokes your way, too.

I made the Skyrim comparison b/c Div 2 is a open-world game.
Well, okay - not many games are probably as open as Skyrim, but Div 2 is an "open to an extent" kind of game (like most of these so called "open-world" games).

#2657 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

Anyone else get a 25% Bit.Trip Runner 2 coupon?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2658 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

I only got 5 of them.

76561197967716198.png

#2659 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Speaking of coupons I still have an 85% off of Serious Sam 3: BFE that expires on May 1st. Anyone want it? I'm not going to use it.

#2660 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Well, combat feels similar to say Fable.
And like Fable, Div 2: DKS definitely can be comedic and funny.
And even throw some in-jokes your way, too.

I made the Skyrim comparison b/c Div 2 is a open-world game.
Well, okay - not many games are probably as open as Skyrim, but Div 2 is an "open to an extent" kind of game (like most of these so called "open-world" games).

I dunno man, Fable combat almost feels like... Ratchet and Clank. Whereas Divinity 2 combat is closer to like... Earth Defense Force.

Weird comparisons, I know, but honestly Divinity 2 plays like a third person shooter... with bows/swords/magic instead of guns. Fable is extremely slower and simpler when it comes to combat, while Divinity 2 is extremely crisp and exact when it comes to controls.

But I understand the Skyrim open world comparison.

bZ2g3eF.png

#2661 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

I only got 5 of them.

I can actually say, I glad I didn't get any.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2662 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

New FGOTM from IGN Prime.

This time it's DRM-free Escape Goat. You'll get a gift url from Humble Bundle, which you can then redeem to your e-mail address. And you can claim the page on your account after you open the e-mail.

Quite a laborious task, but free is free.

#2663 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

I actually came here to post about Evoland because it looks really cool, But everyone seems to be hip to it already. Ill be looking for that one on sale.

#2664 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

This time it's DRM-free Escape Goat. You'll get a gift url from Humble Bundle, which you can then redeem to your e-mail address. And you can claim the page on your account after you open the e-mail.

cool! Wasn't wanting to pay for it, but I did hope to eventually play Escape Goat:D

EDIT: doy, didn't realize it was prime only :-(

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#2665 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

Don't get me started. Lord British why you gotta do us like that?

He has some fantasy that the pinnacle of PC gaming is playing with other people and it will be all happy fluffy bunnies and everyone will be respectful and have this great experience role playing that you can't have in a single player game. Right.

Lord British died in 1997, and was immediately replaced by a sinister doppelganger.

#2666 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

Grabbed it on IGS for a penny or five cents... whatever it was before they upped the minimum to a quarter.

I think that was one of the first two or three games they offered.

bZ2g3eF.png

#2667 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

New BundleStars, looks like mostly Meridian5 reruns so far.

PushCat (DRM Free + Desura)
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Obulis
Post-Mortem
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
Chains
Avencast Rise of the Mage
+ 2 Mystery Steam games

$1.26 USD for the first two and ~$5 for all

Edited by warreni, 05 April 2013 - 03:09 PM.

698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2668 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Lord British died in 1997, and was immediately replaced by a sinister doppelganger.

Really? I heard that everything was fine until his spaceflight in 2008. When he came back he was.... different.

#2669 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Really? I heard that everything was fine until his spaceflight in 2008. When he came back he was.... different.

This is starting to sound like the plot of Lifeforce.
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2670 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

New deal on GetLoadedGo.

2 games for $10, all Steam:

Mafia II
Darksiders II
Spec Ops: The Line
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Batman Arkham City