Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#2671 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

New deal on GetLoadedGo.

2 games for $10, all Steam:

Mafia II
Darksiders II
Spec Ops: The Line
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Batman Arkham City
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Civilization V
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
Just Cause 2
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
Dirt 2
Quantum Conundrum

Arkham City isn't the GOTY edition?

#2672 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Arkham City isn't the GOTY edition?

I'm not sure, but I would suspect it's just the base game since they have the suggested price set to $19.99

If someone orders it and it turns out to be the GoTY edition, let us know!

#2673 247

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Nvm

#2674 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Today's deal is Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at 75% off ($4.99)
Vietnam is $3.74 and the SPECACT Kit Upgrade is $1.49

#2675 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Battlefield 2: Complete Collection is also on sale for $4.99 (75% off). SteamPrices show the Battlefield games haven't been 75% off since July 2011.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#2676 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

How's the BF2 community? I remember it was fun to play.

#2677 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

Single player campaign in this was a lot of fun for me. First person with AI squad mates, a good deal of humor and doesn't take itself too seriously as a trite plot (stop the stolen mega-weapon from being used to destroy America) has you world hopping and rolling through farmland, jungle, tundra and desert.

It's like the drunk cousin SpecOps is ashamed of at Christmas ;)

Edit: I originally said "third" person but I was mistaken. And maybe drunk.

#2678 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

I saw a news article today saying that PC gaming (even big studios with AAA titles) these days is more or less crowdfunded production with the ruse of selling a product. I thought that was kind of profound and actually makes a lot of sense with what we're seeing not only on Kickstarter but also with season passes, DLC, and the like.

I think that's true for smaller games and mid size developers but can't possibly be true for the larger productions. Most high production value games cost in the 10's of millions to make (many more than that) and no amount of pre-order or kickstarter dough is going to get you that kind of cash.

Post release content (like abominable) season passes are a different story though.

#2679 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Finally. I've been waiting a couple of years for Bad Company 2 to once again hit $4.99. I passed on it last time it hit that price and I've regretted it ever since.

Looks like Vietnam is just Multi-play, so I'll pass on that. What's the deal with the SPECACT Kit though? The steam store description makes it sound like it's just a couple of skins. But that can't be right...can it? $5.99 for a couple of skins when the game is $19.99? There's gotta be something else there that they forgot to mention.

Battlefield 2: Complete Collection is also on sale for $4.99 (75% off). SteamPrices show the Battlefield games haven't been 75% off since July 2011.

Thanks for pointing that out. That's another EA game off my wishlist. Outside of a bunch of Sims expansions, I'm pretty much only missing Medal Of Honor now.

Edited by The End, 06 April 2013 - 03:06 AM.
spelling

#2680 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

So is the best controller to play Steam games with still the official Xbox 360 wireless controller?

#2681 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

So is the best controller to play Steam games with still the official Xbox 360 wireless controller?

If you're playing any PC games with a controller, the X360 controller is pretty much the default at this point.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2682 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

The best controller to play Steam games with is...

Spoiler

#2683 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

Spoiler

True, but I'm still getting the hang of mouse/keyboard and want to try out a controller for the more "complicated games" while I ease in. I know, I'm a wimp. :)

#2684 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

Good man.

#2685 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

What mouse pads do you guys use to keep your hand/wrist comfortable for long gaming sessions? I'm using a regular old mouse pad I got at Best Buy or something and it's killing my hand/wrist after extended use. Is there a soft one out there anyone could recommend?

#2686 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

I'm the last person to ask as I use a fairly inexpensive ($30ish) logitech mouse and standard pad. Of course I usually don't play things for longer than an hour at a time.

#2687 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

What mouse pads do you guys use to keep your hand/wrist comfortable for long gaming sessions? I'm using a regular old mouse pad I got at Best Buy or something and it's killing my hand/wrist after extended use. Is there a soft one out there anyone could recommend?

I bought mine years ago when I was into competitive first-person-shooters, where a good mouse pad was a must. I still have mine, though I'm uncertain whether or not it's still considered one of the best. http://steelseries.c...steelseries-qck

76561197971332172.png

#2688 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

Would something like this be good? I'm mainly looking at for the cushion wrist support. My keyboard has something similar and it makes typing a lot easy on the hands.

#2689 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

These, of course.

Spoiler

#2690 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

This is the mousepad I'm using, and I have zero complaints about it. The responsiveness is perfect, mouse movement is good, all in all no complaints whatsoever. Pretty cheap too.

I've honestly not heard much good about using the padded mousepads, but hey, you figure out what's comfortable for you. That's the important thing.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2691 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

Also, Pid's a buck on Indie Game Stand.

Comes with a Steam key and a GOG key, and you can beat the average ($1.10 or so right now) for... something. I honestly don't know, but it's a dime. (Oh, now I see, it's a bunch of concept art/art book kind of stuff.)

Edited by Idiotekque, 06 April 2013 - 04:48 AM.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2692 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

I like that it's both Steam and GoG keys. I put in my eleven dimes.

#2693 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

:-(
I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.50).

#2694 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

:-(

:)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2695 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

Interestingly, when I redeemed the pid code on GoG, it indicated that the code would otherwise expire on March 19, 2014. So... I guess if you buy it, don't just let your code sit unused for a year.

#2696 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

1800 dpi

#2697 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Interestingly, when I redeemed the pid code on GoG, it indicated that the code would otherwise expire on March 19, 2014. So... I guess if you buy it, don't just let your code sit unused for a year.

That's odd. I'd imagine if you emailed GOG or IGS support if you for some reason didn't redeem the key in time, they'd give you a new one. Still, good to know...

bZ2g3eF.png

#2698 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

Controllers are personal preference. Wired/wireless 360, Logitech F310 (wired/no rumble) F710 (wireless rumble), DualShock 3 (USB or bluetooth) w/MotionInJoy all work easily. Oddly a few games take some issue with the Wirless 360. The single best one is the Logitech F710 because the logitech ones have switch on the bottom to switch between Xinput (360, castrated version of DirectInput) and DirectInput (controller support for older pre-360 games on PC, also has easy key mapping software for games that need reconfiguring or don't have controller support).

Of course controllers are largely personal preference. I have a Logitech F510 and a DualShock 3, and usually prefer the DS3; I have small hands.

IMO, it really don't matter nowdays with optical/laser, now back when mice had balls....

For your castrated mice, as long as they can track without issue it's preference. I prefer thin fabric topped mouse pad.

If you're hurting your position is wrong (and quite possibly whole body position), you want to have your mouse and keyboard close to you so that you are not having to reach or stretch or put weight on your wrists. Generally if you bring them close and at the right height (forearms should be parallel to the ground/wrists slightly lower than your elbows. Close is the key.

Would something like this be good? I'm mainly looking at for the cushion wrist support. My keyboard has something similar and it makes typing a lot easy on the hands.

While I like keyboard wrist wrests (even better is flat laptop style keyboards w/o wrist rests, I have had several mouse pads with wrist rests and hated them.

Also, Pid's a buck on Indie Game Stand.

Comes with a Steam key and a GOG key, and you can beat the average ($1.10 or so right now) for... something. I honestly don't know, but it's a dime. (Oh, now I see, it's a bunch of concept art/art book kind of stuff.)

Hmm, thanks! Only 4 stars on GOG though (the treshold of acceptable on GOG's overinflated stars)...

Edit: After reading some reviews, I'm thinking $1.10 is too rich for my blood. ...also, I'm suspecting we'll see in the the bundle circuit soon.

Edited by asheskitty, 06 April 2013 - 05:53 AM.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2699 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

That's odd. I'd imagine if you emailed GOG or IGS support if you for some reason didn't redeem the key in time, they'd give you a new one. Still, good to know...

It's also likely that the code doesn't actually generate until you request it, but best to play it safely.

#2700 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Single player campaign in this was a lot of fun for me. First person with AI squad mates, a good deal of humor and doesn't take itself too seriously as a trite plot (stop the stolen mega-weapon from being used to destroy America) has you world hopping and rolling through farmland, jungle, tundra and desert.

It's like the drunk cousin SpecOps is ashamed of at Christmas ;)

Edit: I originally said "third" person but I was mistaken. And maybe drunk.

I have bought BF: Bad Company 2 during the last sale. I found it to be a OK/mediocre shooter. There were simply too many turret sequences. The FPS levels were kinda fun. The story really is empty. You don't get to know your team member (although it say Bad Company in the title) and, without subtitle for dialogue, I had a hard time getting what the NPCs were bantering about.

For BF: BC2 single player campaign, I gave it a 3/5. (CoD4 4/5)

Can't comment on the MP, since I don't play online MP.
Posted Image
Games are meant to be bought and hoarded!