Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#2731 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

So are there FE LHdeals? Past 20$?

Strictly speaking there is no FE LH deal @$20, that just happens to be the price for the people who own FE already, and for some reason they can gift the LH version as well for that price. FE LH is $40, and any deals you see on that will be on the $40 price no doubt.

#2732 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Is there something wrong with the game? I'm definitely interested in it (loved AoE 1, looking for the time to play AoE 3), but I'm waiting until a big sale for it.

It's not an HD remake at all. The only noticeable difference my friend and I found is that the grass and water is no longer red. They didn't fix the lag once you get over 200 units, making it just as unplayable as the original AoE2. A horrible and cheap marketing tactic. Be glad you didn't buy it.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#2733 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Is there something wrong with the game? I'm definitely interested in it (loved AoE 1, looking for the time to play AoE 3), but I'm waiting until a big sale for it.

I played for about an hour last night and... it didn't age as well as I would have liked. After playing Starcraft II (or even Starcraft I) there are just so many things that are frustrating about the experience. Things you take for granted like chaining orders, queuing research, etc.

It's less of a remake and more along the lines of something you would see released on GOG.

#2734 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

It's not an HD remake at all. The only noticeable difference my friend and I found is that the grass and water is no longer red. They didn't fix the lag once you get over 200 units, making it just as unplayable as the original AoE2. A horrible and cheap marketing tactic. Be glad you didn't buy it.

Hmm, that sounds exactly like an HD remake to me. But then again when I hear HD remake I know what is coming is the same game with slightly improved visuals which tends to be the case almost every time. Of course I am used to console HD remakes so who knows many PC ones are different.

#2735 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Man, there needs to be a Steam sale soon. I'm actually playing games and not just buying them. This doesn't feel right...

#2736 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Asheskitty is Florence Welch.

Carry on.

Due to Ashes' love of racing, I always thought Asheskitty was Danica Patrick.
{shrug}

#2737 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Today's deal...
DC Universe Online DLC's = 50% off each (or $5 each).

#2738 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Man, there needs to be a Steam sale soon. I'm actually playing games and not just buying them. This doesn't feel right...

Quite the opposite here. I need a steam sale so i buy games to play. I burned through the Spec Ops 2/Darkness 2 bundle and about 3/4 through Bioshock Infinite. But i do have that D&D GOG bundle to hold me over till some crazy sales happen i suppose. Going to dive into BG1 tonight.

#2739 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

{shrug}

Well, she's a ginger so I dunno. Maybe she's both...?

Danica Patrick + Florence Welch =

...Flanica Wetrich?

Spoiler

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,

#2740 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hmm, that sounds exactly like an HD remake to me. But then again when I hear HD remake I know what is coming is the same game with slightly improved visuals which tends to be the case almost every time. Of course I am used to console HD remakes so who knows many PC ones are different.

lol, not this again.

HD remake just means better graphics!
No, HD remake means fixed gameplay!

Getting deja vu. :lol:

{shrug}

Obviously.

Posted Image

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2741 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

lol, not this again.

HD remake just means better graphics!
No, HD remake means fixed gameplay!

Getting deja vu. :lol:

Obviously.

I wasn't saying what it means, but just based off of the history of HD remakes it seems that the trend is to simply enhance the visuals and support higher resolutions while not really changing anything else. Since that seems to be the trend I am just surprised when people expect a lot more from them.

The word remake it terrible for how it is being used because it can mean multiple things.

Just don't go assuming what I was trying to do now...

#2742 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

I wasn't saying what it means, but just based off of the history of HD remakes it seems that the trend is to simply enhance the visuals and support higher resolutions while not really changing anything else. Since that seems to be the trend I am just surprised when people expect a lot more from them.

The word remake it terrible for how it is being used because it can mean multiple things.

Just don't go assuming what I was trying to do now...

Nah, I know what you mean and I agree. I was just laughing because the same conversation about the same game happened a week or so ago, lol.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2743 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

And according to the forums, MP is largely broken as most people can't finish a game and some can't even get a MP game going. So glad they spent all that time on achievements and the workshop . . . maybe they are expecting the community to create its own patches and distribute via the workshop ala any Bathesda title.

#2744 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

bit on gog promo. this is what I consider on the verge of a pretty good deal. usually they are overpriced on just about everything. It still could be better, but I like what gog is doing. Witcher 3 DRM free etc. You gotta also honor how they price their witcher games, extremely aggressive compared to other gouging publishers.

#2745 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

I got in on the GoG D&D deal before they added NWN2 to their catalog, so I was now able to buy it alone at 80% off. Easy decision for four bucks.

#2746 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Spoiler

Mine wasn't horrible but let's say that one party got the shorter end of the stick.

Spoiler

#2747 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Bought Tomb Raider.

Could not pass up $35 a second time :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2748 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

Bought Tomb Raider.

Could not pass up $35 a second time :lol:.

Burn! Burn him!

bZ2g3eF.png

#2749 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

Burn! Burn him!

So, when's Tomb Raider 2013 going to be $10 or less...? ;)

#2750 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

So, when's Tomb Raider 2013 going to be $10 or less...? ;)

Next week, probably.

bZ2g3eF.png

#2751 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

Next week, probably.

but it will have Tages DRM, with SecurRom and a 5 pc activation limit

#2752 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

but it will have Tages DRM, with SecurRom and a 5 pc activation limit

Square Enix and Eidos go Steamworks only on PC versions, these days & age.

EDIT:

Next week, probably.

That would be nice. ;)

#2753 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Yeah, actually they been Steamworks since like The Last Remnant which came out years ago. I bought Tomb Raider because I am actually going to play it once it's done downloading. It's rare I say that :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2754 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

EDIT:

That would be nice. ;)

i heard they are also adding GFWL

#2755 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

Yeah, actually they been Steamworks since like The Last Remnant which came out years ago.

Yep, I know - and I have that game.
I was never that great at it.

#2756 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

And apparently this is what you get when a burger and a cat have a human child

Posted Image
if asheskitty and I had a baby (morphed our avatars)
Posted Image
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2757 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

Mine wasn't horrible but let's say that one party got the shorter end of the stick.

Spoiler

:lol: :applause: Well done. Great to finally put a face to the name Flanica Wetrich.

Best,

#2758 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

I noticed GamersGate has Might & Magic games on sale, including Clash of Heroes which activates on Steam. It's $2.49 which is cheaper than it's ever been (msrp used to be 14.99, now it's 9.99.) Even better if you have the 20% off discount.

Bah. Just got around to trying out the demo and decided I want it...just in time for the sale to be over. I don't suppose anyone's got an extra copy?

#2759 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

GG has Stalker collection for $10, is it worth it? I quit PC gaming back in like 05 and just now got back in so i am playing catch up. I hear the modding community for it is insane.

#2760 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

GG has Stalker collection for $10, is it worth it? I quit PC gaming back in like 05 and just now got back in so i am playing catch up. I hear the modding community for it is insane.

I only have shadow of chernobyl... Modding is a MUST. It really is an awesome game, you can put countless hours on it... Don't know about the others, but should be great too.

Can't remember why I stopped playing, maybe a hard drive change and then I forgot about it. Will get to it as soon as I finish Binary Domain and Back to the Future.