q_MEFt7KrxQ

*Includes both AOE2 + The Conquerors campaigns

*Enhanced Visuals

*Multimonitor support

*Steam workshop

*Enhanced Multiplayer

$19.99 base, $17.99 preorder.

http://store.steampo...com/app/221380/

Anyone trying to throw down in some Post Imperial Deathmatch 1v1? I was all business for that gametype back in the day :D
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#2 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Jesus they want $18 for that? I'll stick with AoE3 which I've barely begun and got the complete edition ON A DISK from the MS Store sale on BF for $10.

#3 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

I used to have hours of fun with AOE 2.. I will grab this one up the first time they put it on sale. (cheap ass)
Posted Image

#4 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm not sure why this product exists, why not update AoE3 or make AoE4?

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.

#5 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Because some people are very fond of AOE 2... Dusting it off and making it work on my new computer is going to be a great treat.

By your logic no one should ever bother with older Final Fantasies, they should only want to play the most current one, right?
Posted Image

#6 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

It looks nice. I think Age of Mythology is their best game, though. I love mythology, though, so maybe I'm biased.

#7 Clownzilla

Clownzilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

While I like AOE3 there were some loved AOE2 features removed for AOE3. The three that come to mind are the lack of an automated patrol function, troop formations, and a Regicide mode on any map you want (AOE 3 only has regicide on 1 map).
Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

#8 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

It looks nice. I think Age of Mythology is their best game, though. I love mythology, though, so maybe I'm biased.

Agreed. I recently reinstalled it, I would love a new version with updated graphics.

#9 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

By your logic no one should ever bother with older Final Fantasies, they should only want to play the most current one, right?

No because the inherit difference in the final fantasy games is the stories rather than iterating game play.

While I like AOE3 there were some loved AOE2 features removed for AOE3. The three that come to mind are the lack of an automated patrol function, troop formations, and a Regicide mode on any map you want (AOE 3 only has regicide on 1 map).

So couldn't they just add all those features to an AoE3 HD version?

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

#10 cruzfactor

cruzfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

I also want to play an HD version of Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. It wasn't as good as Age of Empires II, but still fun to build an army of Jedi.
"Even if it's free, you can always buy it cheaper."
-Rule 11, The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

Blog Blah Blah

Make time for this shameful referral banner:

Posted Image

#11 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

No because the inherit difference in the final fantasy games is the stories rather than iterating game play.

Psst.. AOE 2 has multiple story based campaigns, like one based on Joan of Arc.

- http://www.ign.com/a...of-arc-campaign

Nice try though.. What else you got?
Posted Image

#12 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Psst.. AOE 2 has multiple story based campaigns, like one based on Joan of Arc.

- http://www.ign.com/a...of-arc-campaign

Call of duty also has a story based campaign, that's not why most people play the game though.

#13 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

If you aren't sure why this product exists you probably shouldn't be in this thread.

AOE2>AOE3
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#14 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

I was always a huge fan of all the Age of Empires games. I wasn't that big on Age of Myth, but I think that's because of the god powers.

Now I just have to determine if I want to buy AoE2 HD by itself or spend the extra $10 to rebuy AoE3 so I can have it on Steam...
Posted Image

#15 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

Call of duty also has a story based campaign, that's not why most people play the game though.

Civ IV.. Why do people play that when there's Civ V? hmmm.. Why did they remake the first Fire Emblem game? Twice!

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2825541

Starting to understand now? Some people actually prefer an earlier version of a game, even when it has nothing to do with stories. Others may enjoy the nostalgia of playing an earlier game in a series. And that hopefully helps you to understand why the reissue of AOE 2 will soon be enjoyed again by myself and many others.
Posted Image

#16 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

I was always a huge fan of all the Age of Empires games. I wasn't that big on Age of Myth, but I think that's because of the god powers.

Now I just have to determine if I want to buy AoE2 HD by itself or spend the extra $10 to rebuy AoE3 so I can have it on Steam...

Did you get it for 10 cents on game for windows live? Thats made it very easy for me to hold off on the steam version :D
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#17 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

Did you get it for 10 cents on game for windows live? Thats made it very easy for me to hold off on the steam version :D

Yeah, I got it for 10 cents. I also have it on disk, but I've spent so much time with it that buying it again really doesn't seem all that crazy to me.
Posted Image

#18 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Civ IV.. Why do people play that when there's Civ V?

The same reason they played Civ II over Civ III, the odd number civ games aren't as good. I don't see an HD remake of Civ 4 though.

Why did they remake the first Fire Emblem game? Twice!

Because it is a story based game known for it deep character development. In addition it's not like old copies of the game are available in your you average shop, nor are you able to stick a famicon cartridge in you ds, 3ds, wii ect......
AoE2 on the other hand still works on the newest machines and has plenty of supply.

See the point now? AoE2 is not played for its charterers or story so stop trying to act like it is.

#19 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Man, you're so angry about this. They're remaking it and people want to buy it, calm down bro.

#20 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

They're remaking it for Steam so I can buy it on Steam. AoE 2 is awesome and I can't wait to play it again in HD! :whee:

I'm guessing they're doing it for lots of other people too... It's already in the top 10 and it's not even out yet!
Posted Image

#21 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

See the point now? AoE2 is not played for its charterers or story so stop trying to act like it is.

lol you're so worked up.. You were the one that brought up the story bit, not me so give it up ok?

People are going to buy and enjoy AOE 2 because it is a good game. Yeesh..
Posted Image

#22 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

they're remaking it for steam so i can buy it on steam. Aoe 2 is awesome and i can't wait to play it again in hd! :whee:

I'm guessing they're doing it for lots of other people too... It's already in the top 10 and it's not even out yet!

But people shouldn't buy it because itachi said so!

#23 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

Civ IV.. Why do people play that when there's Civ V? hmmm.. Why did they remake the first Fire Emblem game? Twice!

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2825541

Starting to understand now? Some people actually prefer an earlier version of a game, even when it has nothing to do with stories. Others may enjoy the nostalgia of playing an earlier game in a series. And that hopefully helps you to understand why the reissue of AOE 2 will soon be enjoyed again by myself and many others.

You could just play AoE 2. For free.

They're going to ruin it anyway by removing the feature of only being able to have low res graphics. Fucking remakes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

You could just play AoE 2. For free

For free? Why in the world would I want to steal? I can afford to buy my games
Posted Image

#25 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Let's go with because AoE3 blows compared to AoE2. My friends and I still attempt to LAN some AoE2 to this day. Why? Because I want to trebuchet the shit out of things not shoot them with tanks.

Two very different games.

Pre ordered mine ... now to convince some friends to actually get Steam haha. Anyone who pre orders can play a few days early as well

Edited by strikeratt, 17 March 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image

#26 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

lol you're so worked up.. You were the one that brought up the story bit, not me so give it up ok?

Your the one that's trying to claim that it has a real story that would get people to buy the game. Why is it so hard to admit that no one care about the story?

#27 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

Stealing games is your own business, but I was referring to already owning it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

How do you turn this on?

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

1237720547_chuck_norris.gif

#29 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Your the one that's trying to claim that it has a real story that would get people to buy the game. Why is it so hard to admit that no one care about the story?

Dude.. Why do you keep arguing about nothing??

You posted this; "I'm not sure why this product exists, why not update AoE3 or make AoE4? "

The HD redo of AOE 2 'exists' because AOE 2 is a Good Game.

Why you keep trying to argue is beyond me, but, whatever
Posted Image

#30 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Dude.. Why do you keep arguing about nothing??

You posted this; "I'm not sure why this product exists, why not update AoE3 or make AoE4? "

Because you posted a ignorant comment like this.