Rand Paul.... you been warned but people don't care

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

I do feel that most foreign "aid" should be ended, but there are situations (like, say, the Haitian quake) where we need to step up and help out.

The United States government sent $41 million to Haiti while the people of the United States sent 1.1 billion.

https://spreadsheets...Q1E&hl=en&gid=2

So if you zero out that $41 million, would it make much of a difference when the people are already so generous?

#62 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

The United States government sent $41 million to Haiti while the people of the United States sent 1.1 billion.

https://spreadsheets...Q1E&hl=en&gid=2

So if you zero out that $41 million, would it make much of a difference when the people are already so generous?

Good point. Foreign aid is basically - bribery money with conditions. It's not much to do with aid and more with foreign relations.

#63 ready4war

ready4war

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

The military can do martial law if they want to. The government bought 25,000 transport vehicles and around 2 billion bullets .223 and 9MM I think.

ach.png

#64 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

The Military are citizens with families ffs. they're more likely to overthrow the goverment than attack the people

#65 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

The military can do martial law if they want to. The government bought 25,000 transport vehicles and around 2 billion bullets .223 and 9MM I think.

Yeah, but they'll side with the citizenry when shit goes down, right?:rofl:

Btw, you know those 2,000,000,000 bullets you're going full nutjob on? They're meant for practice and qualifying as well as on-duty carrying. If you do the math, you'll find that it isn't that many per person that needs to carry on the job. I'm surprised that you didn't get specific and mention the number that the IRS or some other innocuous agency is getting bullets like other fringe right-wing sites.

edit: LOLZ@Commie-Mart instead of Walmart.

Edited by dohdough, 23 March 2013 - 03:33 PM.

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#66 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

OMG the government like, bought ammo and junk. What do they need ammo for?

CONSPIRACY!
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#67 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

How many bullets were used in the past Iraq awar?