Photo
- - - - -

OOS - Sony PS Vita 32GB Memory Card - $50 plus others att.com!!

• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#271 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

oh well. I'm sure a lot of sales will be going on for this due to sony tech never being the trend..

#272 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

It's sad that a terrible price for a 32 GB memory card (I mean for any type of flash memory card) is so exciting. These things should $20 tops.

#273 Wolf_Asari

Wolf_Asari

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

The only day I sleep early. Welp...

#274 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Congrats on all that got in on this. I already have a 32gb for my Vita since launch (paid about $85) but I didn't want to deal with memory issues right from the start or later on, so I bought it with my Vita. I agree, price should have been $50 from the start.

#275 mirai

mirai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

I ordered 2 cards and a starter pack. One card and starter pack got "processed" message. The other card did not.
I need another one (for Japanese region) :(

#276 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Dang, hesitated for a few minutes and they're all out of stock. Oh well.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#277 Urahara

Urahara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Dang, hesitated for a few minutes and they're all out of stock. Oh well.

I did the EXACT same thing. Clicked on the thread, clicked on the link, read a few posts in the thread, and by the time I tried to add to cart, the stock was gone. The button was green when I first loaded the page, so I know there were some in stock.

#278 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Very good deal while it lasted ):

#279 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Congrats to those who got in on it. My 32 GB was filling up fast due to plus but I'm still holding out hope that they come out with a bigger size as I hate swapping cards.

#280 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

I missed it completely :-(... After PS+ started offering free Vita games, my 8gb memory card doesn't cut it anymore. I wonder if I can PM this from BB, it's OOS too. Eh, I'll probably wait for another deal.

#281 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

It's sad that a terrible price for a 32 GB memory card (I mean for any type of flash memory card) is so exciting. These things should $20 tops.

While I certainly don't disagree, I've kinda come to terms with the weird premium that's put on storage in tech lately. You can blame Apple if you want - they really put their weight behind tiering their products not by features but by storage capacity. For example, the price difference between a 16gb iPad and a 32gb iPad is $100 - so maybe Sony should've just integrated the storage in to the device instead of putting it on a card and sold different 'size' models. Maybe that wouldn't have been so controversial?

Storage costs are the new DLC - sure it's outrageous, but eventually we'll come to accept it as we always seem to do.

#282 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

My order from last night is processing, woohoo! Cheers again to the OP!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#283 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Still miffed that it wouldn't let me buy it because I didn't live in an AT&T Wireless service area according to my zip code. That sucked.

#284 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Thanks OP, ordered an hour and a half ago and my order is processing. Thought for sure it'd end up cancelled. Maybe someday I'll buy a Vita again.

Did you sell that new Vita that you got from the site that can't be listed? $90 was the best deal ever for a 3G/wifi. I thought that was your replacement?

#285 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

No, what's sad is the overwhelming probability that less than 10% of these shipped orders will actually go to people with a Vita...
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#286 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Miss the deal by going to bed early, oh well, cant remember the last time I played my Vita after beating persona anyway. These will definitely drop in prices sooner or later.

#287 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Can anyone recommend either of the Sony cases? I got a knockoff on ebay for ~$3 and its probably the same but I dunno I'm paranoid it will scratch it I guess.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Divinity II: Developer's Cut   :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Recently Completed -    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23

#288 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

While I certainly don't disagree, I've kinda come to terms with the weird premium that's put on storage in tech lately. You can blame Apple if you want

No, I blame Sony for getting greedy and using severely overpriced proprietary memory cards, when they could have easily used cheap and readily available SD cards. Apple has nothing to do with it.

No, what's sad is the overwhelming probability that less than 10% of these shipped orders will actually go to people with a Vita...

What I don't get is why people are making such a profit flipping these things... Guy on the first page of the thread said he could make $40... how? Amazon is selling them for $75. Are people really just jumping to pay almost full price on eBay without even looking at Amazon first?

#289 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Can anyone recommend either of the Sony cases? I got a knockoff on ebay for ~$3 and its probably the same but I dunno I'm paranoid it will scratch it I guess.

I actually had the travel pouch, and was quite happy with it. I have since replaced it with the PDP Pull n' Go Folio when it was on sale because of the game card storage it offers, but the travel pouch was suitable for the number of months I used it. I'd def. recommend it at that price--I used it to hold the Vita, earbuds, and two of these SONY game card cases, too.

#290 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Glad I got in on this last night!!

Can't wait to download the games from my ps + uk account next week....we got MGS HD coming on there!!!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#291 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

I am in the market for a case as well, having bought a PS Vita on Wednesday. I stopped by GS yesterday and was not impressed with the quality of either one of Sony's PS Vita cases. However, I really liked the Rocketfish PS Vita Vault Case. GS and BestBuy both carry it.
Xecutioner
CML

#292 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

In like skin, thanks OP! And to think, I wasn't going to check CAG right before going to bed (yes, I'm a night owl). Quick question before I turn off the Nexus 10...What's the steps to transfer data from my current 8gb card to this new one?

Just use the Media Manager to back up everything to your pc. You'll still have to reorganize the icons after the restore though.

#293 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

I didn't get that email and I ordered this when there was no replies, wtf

#294 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

No, I blame Sony for getting greedy and using severely overpriced proprietary memory cards, when they could have easily used cheap and readily available SD cards. Apple has nothing to do with it.

What I don't get is why people are making such a profit flipping these things... Guy on the first page of the thread said he could make $40... how? Amazon is selling them for $75. Are people really just jumping to pay almost full price on eBay without even looking at Amazon first?

Sony had to protect their developer relationships and that meant a storage medium you couldn't get unlicensed content on easily. Piracy was rampant on the psp and this is one way to combat it. Pricing may suck but to attribute it solely to Sony's greed and ignorance is extremely short sighted.

#295 bigrozz

bigrozz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

I just went to a local store that had 2 16gb cards and they rang up at half price, $60 total. Not quite as nice as the 32gb for $50 but still a deal.

#296 CandyCaptain

CandyCaptain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Well all my orders went through last night. Got the front and back 3 pack screen protectors, the 32GB card from ATT, and the 3G vita from cowboom.

Amazon wanted 6 bucks for shipping the screen protectors... <.< So I ordered Wipeout 2048. Yes I rather pay more then give em that much for shipping. >.>'

#297 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Sony had to protect their developer relationships and that meant a storage medium you couldn't get unlicensed content on easily. Piracy was rampant on the psp and this is one way to combat it. Pricing may suck but to attribute it solely to Sony's greed and ignorance is extremely short sighted.

Why should anyone care what Sony's rationale is behind the implementation of a proprietary storage medium? At the end of the day they have a product they want to sell. If the product is successful they make a ton of money on it. Conversely, if the product doesn't sell then the problem lies with manufacturer not the consumer. The market obviously could not bare the cost of the memory cards or better yet the demand wasn't there.

Sony only cares about their bottom line as does every corporation. In this case the only people hurt by their policies are their loyal costumers.
Xecutioner
CML

#298 Hiroshou

Hiroshou

You bred Raptors!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

However, I really liked the Rocketfish PS Vita Vault Case. GS and BestBuy both carry it.

This thing is a fucking tank. Purchased one from Bestbuy as an open box item when I got my Vita and I love it. It is super durable, which also makes it pretty heavy when your Vita is inside and is fairly bulky, but you can't go wrong if your looking for good protection.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#299 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Was I suppose to be charged for my order already? I don't see anything on my card. :(

#300 bigrozz

bigrozz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Is there a good VIta info thread here on CAG? Interested in finding out all the good info. For instance do most people have multiple plus accounts for US,EU, and Japan? Is that the reason for having a Japan specific card?