Photo
- - - - -

OOS - Sony PS Vita 32GB Memory Card - $50 plus others att.com!!

• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#331 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Sure, as long as I want to do multi-gigabyte downloads every time I want to play a game. No thanks.

Are your whims that arbitrary? You're essentially repeating the same problem people with large Steam libraries have, but never actually complain about.

#332 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

We don't need to -until- someone claims the rationale is Sony's 'greed', at which point it needs to be clarified that the 'greed' at fault was not Sony's, but psp hackers.

Sony is a business and even though hacking has to be part of the reason, I'm thinking they probably were using the memory cards to try and make some of the money they're losing on the Vita itself back.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#333 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Sony may have used the word "proprietary" when describing the medium, but the issue was that you could hook a Memory Stick up to a computer and see all your downloaded games in all their glory. The 3DS, Xbox 360, and Wii U all seem to have gotten around this issue and still use standard SD cards, USB storage, etc., so Sony is full of crap if they say that they needed a new memory standard to prevent piracy.

It's merely a way to increase the price of the console without being obvious about it. The console may be $250, but if you want to do anything to it, you're going to need an expensive memory card.

In any case, simply deleting and re-downloading the games isn't always an option. For some inexplicable reason, the save data for some games appears to be linked to the game data itself, so that removing the game from your memory card removes your saves as well. You can use the backup feature in Content Manager, but that's nowhere near as convenient as simply downloading and re-downloading at will.
Posted Image

#334 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Sony may have used the word "proprietary" when describing the medium, but the issue was that you could hook a Memory Stick up to a computer and see all your downloaded games in all their glory. The 3DS, Xbox 360, and Wii U all seem to have gotten around this issue and still use standard SD cards, USB storage, etc., so Sony is full of crap if they say that they needed a new memory standard to prevent piracy.

It's merely a way to increase the price of the console without being obvious about it. The console may be $250, but if you want to do anything to it, you're going to need an expensive memory card.

In any case, simply deleting and re-downloading the games isn't always an option. For some inexplicable reason, the save data for some games appears to be linked to the game data itself, so that removing the game from your memory card removes your saves as well. You can use the backup feature in Content Manager, but that's nowhere near as convenient as simply downloading and re-downloading at will.

I agree. The 360 has absolutely no piracy issues.

#335 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Did you sell that new Vita that you got from the site that can't be listed? $90 was the best deal ever for a 3G/wifi. I thought that was your replacement?

Yep sold it. I've had/sold 4 now I think :-# That was an awesome deal though.

I was mad that there was no price drop announcement and said I wasn't buying another one...but I probably will eventually anyway.

#336 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Are your whims that arbitrary? You're essentially repeating the same problem people with large Steam libraries have, but never actually complain about.

The difference being that my Steam library (or my PS3 library, or whatever) is on a 1 TB hard drive, where the cost of the storage is minimal and I'm unlikely to have any need to delete anything for space anytime soon, whereas my Vita library (such as it is) is on a 16 GB memory card, which is much, much more cramped for space.

And yes and no on the whims... Sure, I'm generally focused on one game at a time, particularly in categories like RPGs. But other games, particularly action games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (for example -- a 2.1 GB download, and one that I do actually have thanks to PS Plus), I do tend to play more on a whim when I have a little time to kill, rather than just playing straight through.

#337 CGlade

CGlade

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Went to ATT store. Only had 8 and 16 GB. They were half off. Got a 16 GB for $30.

#338 chinaurge

chinaurge

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

You could just as easily load pirated PSP games onto a Memory Stick Pro as you could a Memory Stick Pro adapter with 2 microSD inside. Sony is just using that as an excuse to generate more revenue because they are in financial distress.

#339 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Yep sold it. I've had/sold 4 now I think :-# That was an awesome deal though.

I was mad that there was no price drop announcement and said I wasn't buying another one...but I probably will eventually anyway.

Look how HOT the Vita is. You can't even hold on to one. Good luck getting another one near that price.

#340 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Sony is a business and even though hacking has to be part of the reason, I'm thinking they probably were using the memory cards to try and make some of the money they're losing on the Vita itself back.

see, i don't think Sony's that stupid or greedy. I'm sure they have people there smart enough to realize that you sell less when you increase the price. I'm even guessing they have people there smart enough to realize that if memory is cheap, people are more likely to buy more games.

But... they also likely had a crack team of engineers working on the piracy issue, and I'm guessing they put forth the notion of truly proprietary mem cards that would cost more (r&d, economies of scale). I'm even willing to bet they had many meetings about the pros and cons of going with this vs. going with standardized cards, and ultimately decided this was the path to go on.

what i seriously doubt (as in, 0 chance) is that accounting called up the engineering department and said "hey guys, we're greedy -- can you develop an overpriced mem card so we can gouge consumers?" That doesn't pass the smell test. It doesn't even make sense. If they felt like they could have reasonably used standard mem cards, they would have - it would have been incredibly beneficial to them for any number of reasons, with the one big con of security holes.

So yes, I wish mem was cheaper. But I don't blame Sony. And in regards to 'making back money they're losing on the Vita', my guess is they're not making much on the mem cards either once you factor in the aforementioned issues of r&d and economies of scale. My guess is they want to drop the price on both mem cards and vitas as much (if not more) than we do to increase sales, but can't just yet for financial reasons.

#341 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Look how HOT the Vita is. You can't even hold on to one. Good luck getting another one near that price.

Yeah but I figure I made $50 or so selling it, so whatever price my next Vita is I can subtract that $50 from the price of it. It's a load of crap, yes, but It'll make feel better about buying it for a higher price than my last one that way.

Basically what I imagine I'm going to do is wait until a price drop + Amazon Warehouse deal, or wait until Black Friday.

I wish they would release that red Soul Sacrifice Vita bundle here in the states. I'd have no problem paying $250 for that one assuming the game is good.

#342 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yeah but I figure I made $50 or so selling it, so whatever price my next Vita is I can subtract that $50 from the price of it. It's a load of crap, yes, but It'll make feel better about buying it for a higher price than my last one that way.

Basically what I imagine I'm going to do is wait until a price drop + Amazon Warehouse deal, or wait until Black Friday.

I wish they would release that red Soul Sacrifice Vita bundle here in the states. I'd have no problem paying $250 for that one assuming the game is good.

I still have my 2nd one. Couldn't pass it up for that price. I think it's funny I have a backup Vita before a back up PSP. Well I'm just glad other another CAG got that amazing deal. Cheapest ever for a brand new Vita.

#343 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

We don't need to -until- someone claims the rationale is Sony's 'greed', at which point it needs to be clarified that the 'greed' at fault was not Sony's, but psp hackers.

All for profit corporations are motivated by profit=money=greed. They are constantly trying to separate you from your hard earned money. Be it by touting innovation, marketing, hype or simple necessity. At the end of the day they want your money because without it they would not be in business.

That said, I do agree that companies are merely reacting to the market. If people "steal/pirate" then these companies are forced to come up with inventive ways to prevent that while making more money. The end result is all the same...profits=money=greed.
Xecutioner
CML

#344 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

LOL, surely you can't be serious. If the Vita is hacked then we ALL lose... Sony and Vita owners alike. Can you imagine if, as slow as the Vita has started, you could throw it being hacked on top of that? Developers would just go ahead and toss their dev kits.

Tired of cry babies complaining about the price of these while bending over for Apple and Microsoft with even worse storage prices. Shut up already.

Easy there dickwad. I have never complained about Sony's decision to use proprietary storage. They are well within their rights to do so. I, as a consumer, can chose not support them. That said, I will never justify their rationale for taking such measures. If you think Sony/M$/Nintendo/Apple or name a for profit corporation of your choosing are not motivated by greed you simply are not paying attention. It all comes down to the bottom line.

I'm done with this off topic rant. Has anyone received a shipping conformation yet?
Xecutioner
CML

#345 jltaser

jltaser

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Seriously, this rant is becoming very annoying.
Unless you work at Sony and make the business decisions, I don't want to hear it.

I ordered within the first hour, got confirmation at 3:40 am, and my status says "pending shipment,"
not back-ordered as some have reported on SD.

#346 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Just got a shipping confirmation. I ordered when topic was on page 2.

#347 purplepanda

purplepanda

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Are these deals in store as well?

#348 jltaser

jltaser

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Are these deals in store as well?

They are, but you won't find any of the 32 gb cards in store. 16 gb and other vita accessories may be there for you to buy there.

#349 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

I agree. The 360 has absolutely no piracy issues.

Compared to the carpet-bombing that happened to the Wii and the PSP, it's not worth mentioning.
Posted Image

#350 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Compared to the carpet-bombing that happened to the Wii and the PSP, it's not worth mentioning.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

#351 purplepanda

purplepanda

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Ok thanks, and can you swap memory cards back and forth if I want to buy 2 16gb cards?

#352 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Can you use 2 memory cards for 2 different psn accounts is it psn account per ps vita?

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#353 Sauron96

Sauron96

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Your order was placed: 12:49 AM CST March 08, 2013

Still waiting on some kind of followup email you guys keep mentioning - I do have a $0.00 hold from at&t on my account though...if it ships I go on a quest to get a $200-ish Vita - if not "oh well"

#354 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Since comparatively speaking memory is much cheaper for the PS3 why aren't people just downloading the files via their PS3 and then transferring them to the Vita when they want to play them and then deleting them when they are done.

Takes a few minutes and you will always have your files.

#355 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Since comparatively speaking memory is much cheaper for the PS3 why aren't people just downloading the files via their PS3 and then transferring them to the Vita when they want to play them and then deleting them when they are done.

No. Shut up.

The only way is the hardest, most inconvenient way. No other ways exist!

#356 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Congratulations!!! We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment. Your order cannot be changed or canceled at this time. (email I recieved today)

Let's hope it still goes through...

#357 willster98

willster98

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

That is the funniest answer I have heard all day. You good sir, have made my day!
:) Every time you read this, Shang Tsung sucks the life out of a kitten :)

#358 RugerRellP89

RugerRellP89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Congratulations!!! We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment. Your order cannot be changed or canceled at this time. (email I recieved today)

Let's hope it still goes through...

Yeah I'm not saying anything till it ships.

#359 mailer daemon

mailer daemon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Best Buy price match FTW!

#360 RugerRellP89

RugerRellP89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

The PS3 won't hold Vita games once you copy them to your Vita. It deletes them, I've tried this for myself. The only thing will hold after you copy is PS1 and PSP games.