Photo
- - - - -

Target 3/17-3/23; B2G1 Free including Skylanders Figures; $50 GC with WiiU Purchase

• Please log in to reply
557 replies to this topic

#391 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

Target.com show Etrian Odyssey is sold online only.

It actually says it's unavailable and not sold in stores but that's not indicative of much based on other things with their site. For example see Heart of the Swarm which has the same status but myself and others found just fine. What's more telling is that no one's actually seen come across it.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#392 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Slightly OT, but what does it mean "[With Microsoft Points]"

http://www.target.co...m=dance centrak

How many MSP is included? I've never heard of MSP being included in Dance Central.

#393 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

They give you a code for about 160 points. Just enough to buy one song.
I guess they're hoping you'll want to buy more.

#394 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

I bought Midway Arcade Origins, Lollipop Chainsaw (both 360) and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita) for $40 total along with the last light blue Skylanders Wii system for $99.00 last night. I'm going to hit another Target to see if I can find more decent $20 games for a similar deal.

#395 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

(For anyone unaware, a G by a Monster Hunter game means it's had an expansion pack of sorts applied to it)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is, content wise, a direct port of Monster Hunter 3G, which has been out on the 3DS for a fair spell. It's a solid port though, I mean 1080p (wish they'd have locked the FPS to 30, though), online play, can't complain especially if you're a series fan and own a Wii U. If you mean against vanilla 3 though, then yeah, it's an expansion pack. Kind of a meek one though if you're not a Nintendo-come-lately fan, since most of what they did is add back in the content they removed in the first place trying to "reboot" the series which blew up in their faces.

I've a bit burnt out with Monster Hunter currently, though, so I think I'll just wait for a price drop. They've kinda dumbed it down too much with recent entries and in general I always felt 3 was a big step back from 2G, and I don't think 3G will fix it. 4 is what I'm really waiting on, looks like the shot in the arm the series very much needs, as opposed to 3's revisions, which were mostly gutting the content and weapons and adding lousy water combat.

Do not understand some of the things you said , but have played the mh tri on the wii first then the psp entrys. I love tri more (and this is the enchanced port of it). So im guessing ill be happy and in love with mh ultimate

#396 endl3ss

endl3ss

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Can't believe my target only have 2 copy monster hunter 3ds. Glad I went there at 8

#397 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

The first taste is free, then you have to pay.

#398 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Sweet...
God of War Ascension
Tomb Raider
Metal Gear Rising - Revegeance

#399 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Going in a few minutes to return my copy of Tomb Raider & C3 to rebuy them with Gears of War I hope it works.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#400 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

As far as the skylanders go it seems like the big ones are going through but the normal ones arent. It wasnt working yesterday so hopefully it got fixed. Im glad i barely work this week cause some people are just crazy when it comes to those things. It also doesnt help since all the normal and big ones are under one DPCI so i get those guests that say why dont u have this character it says u have it in stock. Its gonna say we have them in stock till we are totally out.

I hate that.

Not you, just how the generic UPC is handled. I've done the samee thing, and there is nothing on the website to make me think anything other than "it says this specific thing is in stock." Also had how Granite Crusher banners are still out and him still being findable in the system despite him being discontinued forever. If we'll never see him again, take that down and quit getting my hopes up.
Posted Image

#401 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

I hate that.

Not you, just how the generic UPC is handled. I've done the samee thing, and there is nothing on the website to make me think anything other than "it says this specific thing is in stock." Also had how Granite Crusher banners are still out and him still being findable in the system despite him being discontinued forever. If we'll never see him again, take that down and quit getting my hopes up.

I'm with you. If they don't have it anymore why have advertisements for it. Kind of like Gamestop displaying 7 empty boxes of Xenoblade Chronicles and they had one copy that sold ages ago.

#402 DrawingBlanks

DrawingBlanks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

It's a good thing I went right when Target opened, my store only had two copies of MH3 WiiU; got that along with Tomb Raider and Gears.

#403 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Asking one more time before I head up there...sorry; but what is the best way I can get Luigi's Mansion 2 in on this deal? I was thinking of getting 2 full priced 3DS games, and Starcraft 2 HOTS, then returning one of the 3DS games on Sunday (the deal will be over then) and picking up LM2.

You can't get Luigi's Mansion 2 at a discounted price w this deal.
Even if you exchange your filler next week, you still need to pay the difference between the two games.
Wait for a different sale.

#404 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Price matched at Best Buy for..

Lego City Undercover Wii U
Monster Hunter Wii U
Gears of War Judgement (FREE)

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
Walking Dead Survival Instinct (Price Matched Amazon price, FREE)

Also got Avengers Gift Box for $19.99 and a 16GB Vita Card for $29.99 ... not bad!

#405 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

anyone find monster hunter 3ds or wii u in store? It says not sold in store online... also all my targets around me say out of stock of lego city undercover.. is that game in short supply?

#406 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

anyone find monster hunter 3ds or wii u in store? It says not sold in store online... also all my targets around me say out of stock of lego city undercover.. is that game in short supply?

I heard lego got delayed a few days or something... But monster hunter should be in stores shelves now. Target online finder sucks

#407 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Etrian Odyssey IV is back in stock online at target.com but is not working w the b2g1 sale
boo

#408 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

No, according to the small print Lego City will not be out until tomorrow (Wed). As a smartass employee pointed out to me. I hate this release date BS where companies try to stand out by releasing on odd days instead of Tuesday. Seems stores other than Target are selling it though so maybe it was a typo or they wanted to split up the new releases because of the B2G1 making it too easy with new releases.

#409 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Thanks, I just wonder if they put an expiration date on those

#410 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

No, according to the small print Lego City will not be out until tomorrow (Wed). As a smartass employee pointed out to me. I hate this release date BS where companies try to stand out by releasing on odd days instead of Tuesday. Seems stores other than Target are selling it though so maybe it was a typo or they wanted to split up the new releases because of the B2G1 making it too easy with new releases.

The inventory status on their site has shown Lego City popping up at Targets in my area throughout the morning. I suspect they are arriving today. Although, given that their ad says "Wednesday", who knows if they'll bother putting them out.

#411 Chewbacca's Abortion

Chewbacca's Abortion

The Midnight Creeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Called, store got 2 copies of Monster Hunter for 3DS and he is holding one for me. Nice guy, hopefully he wasn't lying!
Posted Image

#412 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Picked up Lego City Undercover, Fire Emblem Awakening and NSMB2 (wanted Monster Hunter but they didn't have them, possibly due to weather related issues and their delivery, this was in Massachusetts).

#413 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Local stores still haven't gotten in Lego City, said to try back after 2pm.

Nonchalantly asked at the Best Buy next door if they'd PM and got the official answer of 'Not for B2G1 free', which is their policy so no complaining, but was really hoping.

Just hope my local Target still has Ni No Kuni when I go back to pick up LCU.
The battle's done, and we kind of won, so we sound our victory cheer

#414 Bii

Bii

*does the robot*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Checked one of my local Targets and they had two Monster Hunter 3 for Wii U and only one for 3DS. I was hoping to get one for Wii U and two for 3DS. I left the store empty-handed.

I'm debating whether or should go back and pick one of each up and get some random $40 game for free. :/

#415 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yes to both. My local store had four copies of the 3DS version and three of the WiiU at 8am this morning. They hadn't received Lego City yet or at least hadn't gotten to that box yet.

#416 Omatsei

Omatsei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

My local store (State College, PA) doesn't have any Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii U. I was going to pick up that, Lego City, and either Ni No Kuni or Fire Emblem or Castlevania. I might still pick up Lego City, Ni No Kuni and Fire Emblem, but I was really looking forward to MH3.

I might try to get Best Buy to PM, but I doubt they'll go for it.

Posted Image

#417 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Brandermill Target in Richmond, VA had MH3 Wii U in stock this morning. Did not see the :3ds: version.
Preordered Gears when Fire Emblem came out.
Picked up this morn:
Tomb Raider :360:
Gears: J
God of War Ascension
Got a $5 gift card for preordering Gears, in addition to the B2G1.
In a separate transaction, used the gc to snag a Jade Flashwing, which was restocked and plentiful.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#418 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Brandermill Target in Richmond, VA had MH3 Wii U in stock this morning. Did not see the :3ds: version.
Preordered Gears when Fire Emblem came out.
Picked up this morn:
Tomb Raider :360:
Gears: J
God of War Ascension
Got a $5 gift card for preordering Gears, in addition to the B2G1.
In a separate transaction, used the gc to snag a Jade Flashwing, which was restocked and plentiful.

Was the Tomb Raider a steelbook case?

#419 8bitglitch

8bitglitch

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Crossing my fingers for some MH.

#420 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

For those wondering, my store had Monster Hunter for the 3DS, I didn't check for the Wii U.

My store didn't have DoA5+, bit of a bummer. Maybe I can find a different Target store that does. I'm just trying to expand my Vita collection >.>

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png