Photo
- - - - -

Target 3/17-3/23; B2G1 Free including Skylanders Figures; $50 GC with WiiU Purchase

• Please log in to reply
557 replies to this topic

#451 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

I've given up on finding Fire Emblem, but I finally had some luck at the Target by my office! :D

I picked up:
Wii U - LEGO City: Undercover
PS3 - The Walking Dead (Telltale)
3DS - Brain Age: Concentration Training

and then immediately used the $5 gift card I got from my LEGO City pre-order to get:

Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Wii U - Need for Speed Most Wanted U
PS3 - God of War: Awakening

All for just over $200 w/my Red Card. :D

I was a bit miffed to see that NFS:MWU is only $29.99 on EA's site when I got home, but when you factor in tax, I would've only saved about ~$5-6 as opposed to the Target deal.
No big deal.
Posted Image

#452 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Online when you purchase LEGO City Undercover they include this little LEGO action figure, is that valid in store as well?

no, only if you preorder. I bought the preorder card and it came with the figure

#453 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Target only had had one lone copy of Lego City Undercover so I skipped it. Went to BB and asked Customer Service and they said they would PM the Target offer and even though they didn't have Monster Hunter or Lego City out they got both for me from the back.

I wanted to grab 2 Lego Citys for pricing reasons but they would only let me grab 1 copy which I couldn't argue with so I grabbed GoF Judgement and snagged the free poster to go with it even though i wanted Tomb Raider but BB molested them all with their spider wraps.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#454 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Went to Target to get MH3U on 3ds. Couldn't decide a 3rd game there with a friend so I went to a different Target the previous Target said had it.

The different Target didn't have it. Damn Target's tracking system.
Posted Image

#455 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

Went to Target to get MH3U on 3ds. Couldn't decide a 3rd game there with a friend so I went to a different Target the previous Target said had it.

The different Target didn't have it. Damn Target's tracking system.

I haven't found a copy in stock at a Target yet, of that or Etrian Odyssey. :cry:

My perfect plan would be MH3DS, Etrian Odyssey IV, and SKylanders Giants starter pack (on sale for $40 also). Doesn't work so well when no one carries 2/3 of that list.
Posted Image

#456 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

I looked a few comments, but there were not related to my question. If I take the printed ad to BB, will they match the deal?
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#457 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

For those that bought either Monster Hunter, can you post the DCPIs? The ones I used from the website didn't show up instore

#458 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

I looked a few comments, but there were not related to my question. If I take the printed ad to BB, will they match the deal?

YMMV as it's Best Buy policy to match specific price differences and not coupons, bundles, etc

#459 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

YMMV as it's Best Buy policy to match specific price differences and not coupons, bundles, etc

Thanks. I have nothing to lose but I might not try it then.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#460 obidawsn

obidawsn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

I hate that.

Not you, just how the generic UPC is handled. I've done the samee thing, and there is nothing on the website to make me think anything other than "it says this specific thing is in stock." Also had how Granite Crusher banners are still out and him still being findable in the system despite him being discontinued forever. If we'll never see him again, take that down and quit getting my hopes up.

I thought the same thing for a while, but then I read that people were seeing them, again, and that Target was putting them back out. Since I haven't seen one, I can't say for sure, but I have seen reports of it.

After going to Target on Sunday and finding but a few Cynders, I decided to check at another Target. I didn't see any out and their price checker said there were none in the stock room. I decided to check online to see if Jade Flashwing was showing in stock anywhere. It showed "limited stock" at the one I was at, and "in stock" at the one I normally go to. So, on my way home, I swung by that Target and as I approached the electronics section, I saw a huge display hanging from the ceiling promoting Jade Flashwing and right next to it were several on an endcap. I went to the normal Skylanders section and, at first, wasn't seeing much else I cared to get. I was about to decide whether I wanted to pick up a couple and either try returning them or exchanging them at Walmart sometime, when I looked down and found a Spryo just lying on the shelf. I wasn't sure what I wanted for the 3rd, but I remembered that they sometimes have some hanging up in the toy section. Sure enough, there were several Wrecking Balls. So, needless to say, I'm $20 lighter, but now have 3 more Skylanders for my son's birthday. And, btw, they rang up with no problem.

#461 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Was able to pick up Gears Judgment, God of War Ascension, and Metal Gear Rising at the Target on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn. I wanted to pick up Tomb Raider instead of MGR but they were all sold out so I settled on Rising.

I did see multiple copies of Lego City Undercover in stock for those interested. This was last night at 730pm.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#462 Cyrcle

Cyrcle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Going to Best Buy to trade in a few games I got over black friday that I no longer play since they have a 100% bonus on trade ins going on. Then, I'm going to have them price match Target's B2G1, use the trade in credit to buy Tomb Raider, SimCity, and Heart of the Swarm (free). Use SimCity to get Dead Space 3, which I haven't picked up yet. This week is a good week. I just wish BB would price match when things go on sale at another store at a later date still. :(

Posted Image

#463 brewin

brewin

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Damn I want to jump on this deal but one of the games I was going to get was Most Wanted U and I just got it for $30 from the origin sale. I still want Lego city, tomb raider and maybe a PS3 game just to spread it out. I can't pull the trigger though because I feel like everything is going to drop in price fast. Lego city, tomb raider, and monster hunter or god of war ascension sounds good for $120 but by the time I get around to enjoying all of them they will be cheaper. Decisions...
Posted Image

#464 biglou

biglou

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Went in yesterday to pick up some WoW time cards. Despite what someone said earlier in the thread, the time cards do NOT count as part of the deal.

I tried 2 cards and a DS game, but no go. The guy then tried 3 cards, but still nothing.

Maybe it works online, I haven't tried yet. Might just be luck.

Oh well.

#465 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Went in yesterday to pick up some WoW time cards. Despite what someone said earlier in the thread, the time cards do NOT count as part of the deal.

I tried 2 cards and a DS game, but no go. The guy then tried 3 cards, but still nothing.

Oh well.

Maybe they caught on and fixed it, wouldn't be surprised

#466 Olympus

Olympus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Best Buy really came through for me today.

I was able to PM the Target B2G1 deal. Got Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, (at BB sale prices) and Wonderbook. I also grabbed their last copy of Dragon's Dogma with the $35 off RZ offer, as well as Metroid: Other M at the clearance $7.99 price. All in all, it was about $240 of merch for a $50 gift card and $30 cash. One of the most successful trips I ever had.

#467 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

I picked up MLB 13 the show :psp:, Farcry 3 :ps3:, and Bioshock rapture edition :360: for about $75 after tax. Farcry 3 had a generic tag in front of it that said $29.99 so the cashier changed the price. It did not affect the B2G1 free deal

#468 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier, but this B2G1 sale also works on the World of Warcraft 60 Day Time Cards...use the Red Card for an additional 5% off.

Great deal, as these cards are never on sale.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#469 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Picked up Lollipop Chainsaw for 19.99 and Skylander Giants Hot Head 14.99 and Eye Brawl free. Electronics guy kept telling me it wouldn't work like that and I could see on the register that it took it. He had to call a manager to make sure it was ok. He didn't think you could combine the video games and skylanders in the deal. They had over 30 of the Jade Flashwings on the shelves.

#470 biglou

biglou

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier, but this B2G1 sale also works on the World of Warcraft 60 Day Time Cards...use the Red Card for an additional 5% off.

Great deal, as these cards are never on sale.

As I mentioned about 4 or 5 posts before yours, I tried getting the cards and it didn't work. Must be on a store by store basis? Or did you get them online?

#471 sgtscrotes310

sgtscrotes310

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

what Best Buy stores are you guys PMing the deal? ive tried 3 and no dice!. i live in southern california. the Los Angeles area. best buys near me are, compton, long beach, signal hill. lakewood. cerritos., downey and torrance. anybody have luck on those stores?

#472 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Oh well.

That's interesting because I bought 2 wow time cards and a 3ds game yesterday and it worked just fine.
Were the the wow time cards you tried to pick up in a DVD case or are they just the plastic cards like you buy for Microsoft points etc?
I've noticed some Targets carrying the plastic cards now instead of the ones in sealed DVD cases. Mine were in DVD cases that worked with the b2g1

The # was 207-28-0197

#473 Yeahman

Yeahman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

If this has already been discussed I apologize but does anyone know Target's policy on matching other stores prices and still alllowing the B2G1? Thanks

#474 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Shot down twice at Best Buy with Target's ad so I went to Target with Best Buy's ad and was able to get Ass Creed 3 Far Cry 3 and Dead Or Alive 5 for the B2G1F deal woohoo

#475 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Grabbed Ascension, Judgment and MLB 13 from my local Target. Of course my new Red Card was waiting in the mail when I got home. Figured it wouldn't come that quickly and I was in the area. Probably not worth the trip back to return and rebuy for only $6.

#476 biglou

biglou

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

That's interesting because I bought 2 wow time cards and a 3ds game yesterday and it worked just fine.
Were the the wow time cards you tried to pick up in a DVD case or are they just the plastic cards like you buy for Microsoft points etc?
I've noticed some Targets carrying the plastic cards now instead of the ones in sealed DVD cases. Mine were in DVD cases that worked with the b2g1

The # was 207-28-0197

The ones I tried were the plastic cards. I didn't see any other kind. There's 2 other Targets in my area that I could try.

Hopefully I can get it to work at one of them lol. These cards are never on sale.

#477 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

what Best Buy stores are you guys PMing the deal? ive tried 3 and no dice!. i live in southern california. the Los Angeles area. best buys near me are, compton, long beach, signal hill. lakewood. cerritos., downey and torrance. anybody have luck on those stores?

What games are you trying to get? Best Buy pricematch policy specifically excludes bundle deals like this, so it's YMMV if you can get them to approve a B2G1 type PM like this. Even moreso in LA in general from my personal experience.

If it's games that are generally available at Target stores and you just want the Best Buy sale prices, take the Best Buy ad (or if they are listed on BestBuy.com), have the games taken to customer service and pricematched there. Don't mention the Target B2G1 deal, once the CSR person adjusts the prices on the games the register should automagically set the cheapest of three to free.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#478 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

The ones I tried were the plastic cards. I didn't see any other kind. There's 2 other Targets in my area that I could try.

Hopefully I can get it to work at one of them lol. These cards are never on sale.

Target has been my go to for years for wow time cards. I always stocked up during the b2g1 sales. I'll be sad if they go away from the DVD cases with the time card inside.
The DVD case ones are on the wall that has all the PC games usually right next to the wow games. I'd even check behind the games. Most of my targets only keep 2-3 max on hand of these

GL!! Hope you find some

#479 chibilaharl

chibilaharl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

>.< target finally has this deal and I can't use it. Etrian Odyssey is only available online and Fire Emblem is only availablein store >.< WTF
Currently looking to sell or trade: Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack, Borderlands GOTY, Mafia 2, and more all activate on steam. PM me with offer.

#480 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

The consensus so far seems to be almost certainly no because of the way these sales work and they don't consider the value equal. Haven't tried it myself before but that's what others have reported experiencing with past sales.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png