Photo
- - - - -

Target 3/17-3/23; B2G1 Free including Skylanders Figures; $50 GC with WiiU Purchase

• Please log in to reply
557 replies to this topic

#541 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

I finally found time to get into Target yesterday to pick up a couple of things. Got the Tomb Raider - 360 w/ Steelbox and DLC, MLB 13: The Show - PS3, and a new Gears of War to take back on Tuesday to exchange for Bioshock Infinite!

Except the B2G1 sale ends today, so they would charge you for that 3rd game if you did the exchange. But if you can get your local Target to somehow still apply the B2G1 discount when you're planning to do the exchange, hats off to you!

#542 mariokart64

mariokart64

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

what if you return thegame without areceipt, can i pick up luigis mansion tomorrow?

#543 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

what if you return thegame without areceipt, can i pick up luigis mansion tomorrow?

According to Target's official policy, no you can't pick up Luigi's mansion tomorrow for FREE as part of the B2G1 sale, because it ends today! But some people here have been claiming that they're "persuading" employees/managers to somehow accomodate them. So if you can, then more power to you.

As for returning without a receipt, if they can't determine how you paid, then they may give you just a gift card (store credit), or if the game is above $20, then they may not be able to help you out at all.

#544 mariokart64

mariokart64

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

ithink if you bought the3 games with cash u should be able to return one of the games without a receipt for gift card or store credit. u can do this up to 70 dollars worth of returns within a year. they verify this by ur drivers license. or am i way completely wrong?

#545 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

on the receipt it states how much you get back if returned. like 41.99

#546 mariokart64

mariokart64

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

yeah but if you bought the3 games with cash andreturn one WITHOUT a receipt doing what i said above you will get store credit for the regular price of the game u return. again i could be wrong. just trying to help anyone on here trying to get luigi 2moro

#547 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

yeah but if you bought the3 games with cash andreturn one WITHOUT a receipt doing what i said above you will get store credit for the regular price of the game u return. again i could be wrong. just trying to help anyone on here trying to get luigi 2moro

return fraud is not welcomed here.

#548 mariokart64

mariokart64

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

target allows u to do this but ok then misplace the receipt

#549 ch1979

ch1979

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

Can Target Price Match amazon.com?

Yes, they do. In fact, I did that this week for the B2G1, though the associate told me they might not be able to with the deal. She was wrong :)

#550 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

I am kind of annoyed right now. Yesterday, when I bought Ninja Gaiden 3 (360) as one of my games, the associate put Final Fantasy XIII-2 in the bag instead. I'm fairly certain that he didn't look at whether the one that was inside the case was the same title as the one that was fronted. I called the store late last night, and the manager assured me that they will be willing to do an exchange as long I bring in my receipt and each of the three titles is still sealed (I guess that they have to scan them all to do an exchange). So, I have to drive back to this Target, which is not really near me, to do it. But, I will check my bag before leaving the store from now on.

Also, I went back to my local Target last night and bought the Journey three pack with Flow and Flower (PS3), Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Vita) and Dead or Alive 5 (360) for $60 total. They also let me price match the last copy of Far Cry 3 (360) with Best Buy's $29.99 price, although the manager wouldn't let me stack it with the buy 2, get 1 free deal so I had to buy it separately.

#551 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

I got my exchange perfectly. New Super Mario Bros 2 and Professor Layton for Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Mystery dungeon. Employee at the register knew just how to do it. Very impressed. I gave her my receipt by the way.

#552 awesometown

awesometown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Finally got back and headed to Target last night. Was able to get a few 3DS games: Monster Hunter 3, New Super Mario Bros 2, and Fire Emblem. I'm pretty happy with those. I wasn't expecting much at the very end of the sale.

#553 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I got my exchange perfectly. New Super Mario Bros 2 and Professor Layton for Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Mystery dungeon. Employee at the register knew just how to do it. Very impressed. I gave her my receipt by the way.

Congrats on the exchange. I went back to the store this morning to exchange the Final Fantasy XIII-2 for the Ninja Gaiden 3 that the electronics guy screwed me on, and the girl at the return desk tried to charge me an extra $7 because she couldn't understand that I had purchased 3 $19.99 games and that Ninja Gaiden was also $19.99 and that they all rang up for $13.33 on Saturday. It took talking to 2 managers in order for them to swap Ninja Gaiden out. Plus, I probably burned up a gallon of gas to get back there. Never going back to that Target again.

#554 Kmart Supervisor

Kmart Supervisor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Picked up Professor Layton, Fire Emblem and New Super Mario Bros 2 from this deal. Hoping to even swap Layton for Luigi's Mansion later on. Will report back on how it goes.

#555 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Congrats on the exchange. I went back to the store this morning to exchange the Final Fantasy XIII-2 for the Ninja Gaiden 3 that the electronics guy screwed me on, and the girl at the return desk tried to charge me an extra $7 because she couldn't understand that I had purchased 3 $19.99 games and that Ninja Gaiden was also $19.99 and that they all rang up for $13.33 on Saturday. It took talking to 2 managers in order for them to swap Ninja Gaiden out. Plus, I probably burned up a gallon of gas to get back there. Never going back to that Target again.

You probably should have just kept FF XIII-2 instead of going through all that trouble for NG3 especially since Razor's Edge is coming out in a week. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#556 Kmart Supervisor

Kmart Supervisor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

I was able to return Professor Layton and get Luigi's Mansion no problem today. I just explained the situation and that the game I wanted was equal in value, and there wasn't any problem.

#557 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

how did i miss this. lol. was this in-store only?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#558 Tecumseh!

Tecumseh!

blissfully ignorant...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

Except the B2G1 sale ends today, so they would charge you for that 3rd game if you did the exchange. But if you can get your local Target to somehow still apply the B2G1 discount when you're planning to do the exchange, hats off to you!

I took my unopened game back in today and was able to swap it for Bioshock without any problems. Never have had a problem doing this there. Might be due to the fact that I'm gettin' old! ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image