Photo
- - - - -

Target 3/17-3/23; B2G1 Free including Skylanders Figures; $50 GC with WiiU Purchase

• Please log in to reply
557 replies to this topic

#61 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Man, Monster Hunter Ultimate, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Gears of War. This really screws up my original plans of where I was going to buy stuff

Definitely gonna try to pm at BB though. Already have some credit there

I thought pokemon MD came out on the 24th with Luigis Mansion?

#62 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

I've been thinking about picking up some of the $10 - 20 games. Now might be the time. Thanks OP.

#63 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

I'm bummed this isn't happening the week after with Luigi's Mansion coming out on the 24th, but this is a great time for this kind of sale with how many great games are coming out this month. I already planned on getting MH3U on Wii U (now I may be picking it up on 3DS too), Lego City: Undercover and Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Now I'm tempted at getting Tomb Raider and God of War. Hmm... what else should i get....

#64 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

I am thinking of getting Far Cry 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and God of War: Ascension with this deal. I might pick up some older games too since I just bought a brand new PS3 yesterday. YAY!!

#65 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hmm, this is when the Skylanders Jade Flashwing comes out. That and maybe some new series 2 reposes (Spyro, Wreckingball) might be available. 3/$20 isn't bad if I can find 3 more I want...
Posted Image

#66 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

My kid broke Flashwings head right off at the neck and he still wants some of the Giants so maybe.

Wii U w/ $50 GC and my 5% is finally tempting. If Pikmin 3 were coming out soon I'ld pick one up.

#67 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

hmm, simcity to get the extra game ?
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#68 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hmm, this is when the Skylanders Jade Flashwing comes out. That and maybe some new series 2 reposes (Spyro, Wreckingball) might be available. 3/$20 isn't bad if I can find 3 more I want...

Didn't a lot of stores already put jade flashwing out? I know my store did.

#69 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I thought pokemon MD came out on the 24th with Luigis Mansion?

Yeah, he's a day early for pokemon.

#70 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Will this be the best Wii U offer since launch?

#71 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Damnit. Why couldn't it be on the 24th. Have some Target Credit and would love to get Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon and something else.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#72 IGN Mega Man

IGN Mega Man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Will try and get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need for Speed Most Wanted and either Gears of War or Tomb Raider. Not exactly sure about the third game.

#73 gamer21

gamer21

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Does anyone know if the Tomb Raider sold at Target is the same one sold at Best Buy? The one I got at Best Buy, came in a box that had room for the game and for a Tomb Raider comic book.

Just wondering, cause if they are the same then I'm getting Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension and Gears of War Judgment at Target, and then returning the unopened Tomb Raider from Target to Best Buy.

If they aren't the same, I guess I'm screwed. Will try to get GoW: Ascension, GoW Judgement, and a placeholder to hopefully get BioShock the week after.

#74 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

I don't know if I want to do this deal, or wait for Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, and Gears to drop to $40 individually. Money is kind of tight with baby #2 coming next month. I imagine I'd still have all three in the next two months.

#75 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

weird to think there are people on this forum who actively post AND HAVE BABIES

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#76 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

Ugh...Ni No Kuni says online only. Finding three games they carry in stores seems like it could prove quite the task.

A lot of their games say instore only but they're still sold in store.. Not sure why they can't fix that

#77 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

Crap. I'm about to drop $80 on Ascension but I would love to get the Show and Metal Gear or Tomb Raider.

Damnit. I don't know what to do.
Posted Image

#78 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

Crap. I'm about to drop $80 on Ascension but I would love to get the Show and Metal Gear or Tomb Raider.

Damnit. I don't know what to do.

I'd say go for the B2G1. It sounds like you were getting the GoW CE, I feel like a free game would beat some free DLC and a small statue any day of the week.

Pretty sure I'm gonna wait a week myself to PM it at Best Buy, don't really care about the pre-order DLC
Posted ImagePosted Image

#79 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

To all those that ask about PC games, most likely the B2G1 free applies unless specifically stated in the ad. I've purchased that deal the last few times they had it in 2012.

#80 Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Does anyone know if the $50 GC is given to you immediately or is it a mail in thing? If I could apply it towards the B2G1 deal...

#81 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hoping Hitman absolution is still $30 at my Target next week. Can probably come up with a couple other games to pick up then as well.

#82 8bitglitch

8bitglitch

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Does anyone know If Target would PM Amazon's MH3U deal that marks the WiiU version down to $40 when purchasing both games?

#83 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

P4G
Zero Escape VLR
FE:A

Didn't think Target would have any of these games tbh, I'm really surprised

fekhvr.jpg

#84 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

B2G1 free sales are awesome but I always have trouble dropping $100 for videogames in one transaction.

Then buy cheaper/older games?

#85 plvl

plvl

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

dunno if this is nationwide but my target in chicago had rocksmith bundles with the cord for 30 bucks

#86 illucio

illucio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'm so buying Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Paper Mario (or Tales of the abyss) for that buy 2 get 1 free deal. 80 dollars for 3 amazing games? SWEET. I guess waiting is a virtue because this deal is awesome ;D I wish I had more information on what the deal excludes. I really want to make sure that the deal would allow me to get these 3 games. o.o

Edited by illucio, 11 March 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#87 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

My dumb buddy has Judgment fully paid off at Gamestop and didn't respond when I told him about this deal so I'll probably get The Show 13 to go along with Ascension and Judgment. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#88 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

So I'm trying to figure out the best combo of games to maximize my savings...Does Target give you the cheapest game for free or does it somehow split the savings amongst all three titles?

oIi9lub.png

#89 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

After reading over BB's new policies, does that mean B2G1 matching just got harder too? I never had problems in the past with it, but it seems like they are trying to cut back on losses.

Really trying to decide whether to just buy both Monster Hunter versions in store (And I get a feeling they will be hard to find at Target's), or just go with them both on Amazon to save 20$ and get something else during the sale
Posted ImagePosted Image

#90 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

So I'm trying to figure out the best combo of games to maximize my savings...Does Target give you the cheapest game for free or does it somehow split the savings amongst all three titles?

Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc. all try to automatically group the games by price during these B2G1 sales. In other words, let's say you buy 3 games worth $59.99, and 3 worth $29.99. The registers will then group the 3 $59.99 games as one set/package, giving you one of those games for free, and then group the $29.99 games as another set/package, giving you one of those titles for free.

However, if you're just buying 3 games, and let's say that 2 of them are $59.99, and 1 is $39.99, then it'll just give you the cheapest one ($39.99) for free. It will definitely NOT average the price of the 3 games and give you 1/3 off the total. LOL!