Photo
- - - - -

Target 3/17-3/23; B2G1 Free including Skylanders Figures; $50 GC with WiiU Purchase

• Please log in to reply
557 replies to this topic

#121 lumpy

lumpy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

So what happens if you buy three $60 games and then return two of them. Do you get $80 back and get to keep the third for $40?

Yes that will work. You can always return 2 of the 3 games at Target. If all 3 games cost the same amount it basically amounts to a 33% off sale for each game.

3 $60 games equals $40 per game
3 $40 games equals $26.67 per game
3 $30 games equals $20 per game
3 $20 games equals $13.33 per game

#122 LyricalOne

LyricalOne

Lurker & such

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

I just have a quick question;

Yesterday I just bought 3 games for $60 each (lol i know funny how it works)

I read and someone here mentioned that their Price match policy is 7 days. So if I were to go back to target on sunday; should I be able to simply price match?

And will I need the physical products with me or will the receipt do just fine?

#123 AversionX

AversionX

Hail Sithis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Nice on the B2G1. Probably in for Tomb Raider, new Gears, and maybe Crysis 3.

Close to what I was thinking, really want Gears, God of War and Tomb Raider.. maybe even StarCraft II HoTS

#124 tacoman132

tacoman132

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Dam. Just realized from their website that they do not carry Persona 4 Golden nor Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward in stores...now gotta hope that this deal is online too.

#125 Ivajosh

Ivajosh

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Any recommendations for a new vita owner for the B2G1 Free deal? I'm pretty sure one game will be Persona 4 Golden but other than that...I'm open to ideas. Or should i pick up a copy of the new fire emblem?

Ohhh I loved P4G <3 Disgaea 3 will be coming next week for PS+ members as well. =3

I doubt my Best Buy would price match, and I was hoping the 30 day price match would stay. =/ Got 250 bucks back since the phones I bought in January got discounted further.

#126 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Dam. Just realized from their website that they do not carry Persona 4 Golden nor Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward in stores...now gotta hope that this deal is online too.

I have personally seen Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward in my Target so don't go by what the website says. Unfortunately, I have not seen Persona 4 Golden in any of my Targets, though so that prob is right on.

#127 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

I want to get Gears, Tomb Raider...and WHAT ELSE?!?!?!

I'm doing the same, but also getting Crysis 3 most likely. I thought about Far Cry 3, but I think it'll probably drop in price soon enough.

#128 ElPichi931

ElPichi931

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

I went to target to pick up the GoWA CE and the cashier told me that the CE's of games don't count towards the B2G1. Is that a new policy?

#129 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

My BB is really good with PM. So is it possible to wait until the 19th to pick up my GOW Ascension pre-order, and the Gears of War pre-order, and a free game AND get the $40 worth of reward certs?

My Best Buy will never PM other store's B2G1 sales. Their explanation is that stores get deals from manufacturers to be able to do those sales once in awhile and so they won't blah blah blah, then they usually say if other stores are having them then they should have one soon. YMMV for sure, but if you plan on picking up a lot of games, maybe you can sway a manager.

It might be hard to sway them when two of the games you are buying are already pre ordered so you can't say that you're just going to go to Target. Good luck though!

#130 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

I went to target to pick up the GoWA CE and the cashier told me that the CE's of games don't count towards the B2G1. Is that a new policy?

when assassin's creed 3 came out I purchased 3 AC 3 limited editions and one was free

I doubt the cashier was right, but if that's true then it's a new policy

My Best Buy will never PM other store's B2G1 sales. Their explanation is that stores get deals from manufacturers to be able to do those sales once in awhile and so they won't blah blah blah, then they usually say if other stores are having them then they should have one soon. YMMV for sure, but if you plan on picking up a lot of games, maybe you can sway a manager.

It might be hard to sway them when two of the games you are buying are already pre ordered so you can't say that you're just going to go to Target. Good luck though!

I think it's also because b2g1 free is so broad of a sale, there could be games at bestbuy that target does not sell, and so if you can't get it at target why should they give you a cheaper price for it?
The point of pricematch is to get you to shop there instead of a competitor, and if the competitor does not have the item, they already have you so they don't need to match it. That's my opinion for one reason they don't PM B2G1 deals

#131 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

So is target still carrying the steel book tomb raider edition? Thinking about picking it up this week if they are still carrying them.

Will probably pick up god of war too and do a return/rebuy next week wen gears comes out.

#132 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

does the B2G1 Free All Games work with CE,LE ver and is it really on all games or just the one the B2G1 Free signs

#133 illucio

illucio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Lies! All lies! Actually go to your store and look. Both games are available at all 3 of my local Targets.

#134 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

So I just read this really informative thread about this ... evidently if you buy 2 games next week, you will get one free! SECRET BONUS DEAL!

#135 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

God of war
DMC
Dead space
MGR
Tomb Raider

3 out of these 5

#136 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

So the deal starts next week right?

#137 forumreader

forumreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Has anyone seen SC2: Heart of the Swarm in store?

#138 Penguin

Penguin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

What are the chances of Best Buy price matching the $50 GC for the Wii U? Had some giftcards saved up and wanted to use it there.

#139 strife01104

strife01104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Gears, Dead Space 3 and either new tomb raider or New Super Mario bros 2

#140 strife01104

strife01104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Just realized New God of War is out as well....so many great combinations here

#141 Chewbacca's Abortion

Chewbacca's Abortion

The Midnight Creeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thinking of getting:

Monster Hunter 3DS
Tales of Abyss/Devil Survivor Overclocked
Super Mario 3D Land
Posted Image

#142 lilman

lilman

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Planning on:
Monster Hunter 3DS
Dead or Alive 5 Vita
Ninja Gaiden 2 Vita

#143 brewin

brewin

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Damn this looks like a good week to pick up a Wii U for those on the fence. Also a good deal on games considering there is a bunch of new stuff out this week. I dont see there being a better deal for a Wii U for another few months at least. Plus, last time Target had this B2G1 they dropped a bunch of Wii U game prices, making the deal sweeter.
Posted Image

#144 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

I forgot does target price match I might get far cry 3 if they price match best buy and pick up two other games

#145 shibaraski

shibaraski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

" ALL games" means PC games included too right?
I might pick up starcraft 2 expansion pack

#146 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

I forgot does target price match I might get far cry 3 if they price match best buy and pick up two other games

Good idea. Far cry + assassins creed + something else in the $30 range

#147 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

I want playstation all stars battle royal but idk if I should wait or what

#148 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

Yes that will work. You can always return 2 of the 3 games at Target. If all 3 games cost the same amount it basically amounts to a 33% off sale for each game.

3 $60 games equals $40 per game
3 $40 games equals $26.67 per game
3 $30 games equals $20 per game
3 $20 games equals $13.33 per game

Thanks, I may do this since I just want MLB 13 and no one has a sale on it yet.

#149 illucio

illucio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

That's a pretty good idea... Or even other stores or websites to price match on..... Maybe I can score a target price match from something on amazon. Amazon has reduce video game prices all the time.

#150 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

I hope this works. They may say that you cannot PM and do a special offer, like B2G1F.

If they do PM that price, I might pair that up with a couple of 3DS games.