Photo
- - - - -

Target 3/17-3/23; B2G1 Free including Skylanders Figures; $50 GC with WiiU Purchase

• Please log in to reply
557 replies to this topic

#151 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

I've had no problem matching Targets B2G1 at Best Buy in the past. It is technically YMMV since they aren't supposed to do bundle deals, but many CAGs have reported success before.

I am definitely tempted to do this myself as I do a lot of business with best buy. Hopefully it will go in my favor.

xivpads.png

#152 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hoping some of the titles I want are available instore, wish this worked online too.

#153 Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

Thinking of getting:

Monster Hunter 3DS
Tales of Abyss/Devil Survivor Overclocked
Super Mario 3D Land

Planning on:
Monster Hunter 3DS
Dead or Alive 5 Vita
Ninja Gaiden 2 Vita

A poster on another forum tipped me off that Target has both versions of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate listed as "not sold in stores" - really hoping their online version of this deal includes it!

#154 savor100

savor100

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

MonHun 3 Ultimate listed as "not available in stores"...are you kidding me? Somebody please tell me they will offer this promo online :cry::cry:

#155 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Not sure if someone mentioned this throughout the thread but there will also be a 20% off Wii U accessories coupon in the Target weekly ad.

#156 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

MonHun 3 Ultimate listed as "not available in stores"...are you kidding me? Somebody please tell me they will offer this promo online :cry::cry:

Check your local Target anyway. I never trusted their website when it comes to whether the game is in-store or not.

#157 Chewbacca's Abortion

Chewbacca's Abortion

The Midnight Creeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Seriously? No MH3DS in stores? Ridiculous
Posted Image

#158 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

I think when its not listed as in stores, that just means most stores wont have it, but some might. Either way I didnt want to risk it and just ordered both versions elseware.

I remember when the Vita came out and they were having a B2G1, I had to go to 4 different ones to finally find one that had Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#159 illucio

illucio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Just to put things into retrospective, the game is not out until next Tuesday. So of course it's not currently available IN STORE. I asked my local Target and they said they will have the game out that Tuesday, but the employee I talked to didn't know about the deal yet. So whether we can use Monster Hunter as one of the 3 games is still up in the air.

#160 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

The store checker online is pretty much never accurate, at least for the 3 or 4 Targets around me. I would just go straight to the store, chances are in your favor.

#161 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Damn this looks like a good week to pick up a Wii U for those on the fence. Also a good deal on games considering there is a bunch of new stuff out this week. I dont see there being a better deal for a Wii U for another few months at least. Plus, last time Target had this B2G1 they dropped a bunch of Wii U game prices, making the deal sweeter.

Not to be a pessimist but that is VERY sad if true. The best we can expect from WiiU for the next few months is some deals on old ports and another crappy Lego game :cry:. Outside of maybe a couple Tekken matches, I haven't touched WiiU since I tried to beat ZombiU and encountered 2 game ending glitches after passing the "point of no return". Lesson learned: No more console purchases at launch.

I don't even have Injustice to look forward to anymore either, as I was forced to cancel my pre-order due to the overabundance of DLC/pre-order bonuses (which apparently weren't even available for the WiiU version in the first place!). Really hoping the GOTY version of that game drops in time for Xmas, or the price drops very much very quickly to offset the cost of all that DLC.

Shame about this deal missing Bioshock too. I would have been willing to put $40 on WiiU's port of Need for Speed if it meant I could also get Bioshock Infinite at launch for $40, and GoW Accension.

Same with Luigi's Mansion. I would finally be willing to grab NSMB2 and some other title, but this sale misses it by a day :(

Edited by rcerboss, 14 March 2013 - 01:58 PM.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#162 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Might pick up some older games like Arkham Asylum GOTY, Borderlands GOTY, and something else (Portal 2?).

#163 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Too lazy to search this thread so sorry if it's a repost but there's also a 20% off coupon off a Wii U accessory that came with my ad. Pretty sure it's nationwide?
Posted Image

#164 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I think when its not listed as in stores, that just means most stores wont have it, but some might. Either way I didnt want to risk it and just ordered both versions elseware.

I remember when the Vita came out and they were having a B2G1, I had to go to 4 different ones to finally find one that had Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus.

I think it's very likely both games will be in stores. Target has always stocked most of Capcom's releases. The "not sold in stores" indication is often wrong and doesn't get updated until after release. For example, last week the new Castlevania 3ds game said not sold in stores and now it is available both on-line and in stores and most stores I have visited this week had plenty of them.

#165 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Not to be a pessimist but that is VERY sad if true. The best we can expect from WiiU for the next few months is some deals on old ports and another crappy Lego game :cry:. Outside of maybe a couple Tekken matches, I haven't touched WiiU since I tried to beat ZombiU and encountered 2 game ending glitches after passing the "point of no return". Lesson learned: No more console purchases at launch.

I don't even have Injustice to look forward to anymore either, as I was forced to cancel my pre-order due to the overabundance of DLC/pre-order bonuses (which apparently weren't even available for the WiiU version in the first place!). Really hoping the GOTY version of that game drops in time for Xmas, or the price drops very much very quickly to offset the cost of all that DLC.

Shame about this deal missing Bioshock too. I would have been willing to put $40 on WiiU's port of Need for Speed if it meant I could also get Bioshock Infinite at launch for $40, and GoW Accension.

Same with Luigi's Mansion. I would finally be willing to grab NSMB2 and some other title, but this sale misses it by a day :(

No monster hunter in your life? Try that gameee. Im looking hopefully to cancel my gs pre-order and get mh , nsmb, and some other game for my little bro maybe scribbulenauts

#166 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

No monster hunter in your life? Try that gameee. Im looking hopefully to cancel my gs pre-order and get mh , nsmb, and some other game for my little bro maybe scribbulenauts

Tried the demo, hated it.

But even if I didn't, it's pretty much an HDified version of the Wii game that Amazon is selling for $15 or so right now. Even if the online component had been disabled on the Wii (and AFAIK it hasn't), I don't know why someone would pay $45 more just for the HDified picture. I don't remember the gamepad adding anything worthwhile to the game, in fact I remember getting frustrated that the map was taking up space on the gamescreen when the 2nd screen was practically empty. Maybe if they'd lower the price to $40 or so AND include the 3DS version for free, like Sony's crossbuy program, I'd give it another chance, but I'm not about to pay Capcom what they are asking for it now.

At the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, I would be all over the WiiU port for Need for Speed if they sold it at a reasonable price, but I'm not going to buy a game I don't want just to get there (and $35 was the limit I had originally set for that game anyways).
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#167 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

But even if I didn't, it's pretty much an HDified version of the Wii game that Amazon is selling for $15 or so right now. Even if the online component had been disabled on the Wii (and AFAIK it hasn't), I don't know why someone would pay $45 more just for the HDified picture. I don't remember the gamepad adding anything worthwhile to the game, in fact I remember getting frustrated that the map was taking up space on the gamescreen when the 2nd screen was practically empty. Maybe if they'd lower the price to $40 or so AND include the 3DS version for free, like Sony's crossbuy program, I'd give it another chance, but I'm not about to pay Capcom what they are asking for it now.

At the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, I would be all over the WiiU port for Need for Speed if they sold it at a reasonable price, but I'm not going to buy a game I don't want just to get there (and $35 was the limit I had originally set for that game anyways).

Ahh well its not your game then . I can see all the reasons to buy the game i dont really want to explain it but its def worth the $. Proab the only reason why i got the wii u tbh haha.

#168 Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Shame you didn't like the demo. From what I hear, it was not very beginner-friendly. But FYI Ultimate has a ton more content than the Wii game. Think SSF4 AE vs vanilla SF4 multiplied by about a factor of 2.

I believe the release version of the game allows you to put HUD elements on the Gamepad and off-TV play is going to be patched in next month.

#169 cyrus102

cyrus102

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Does anyone know if I can get Lego city, Starcraft HoTS and luigis mansion with this deal or can I not use it on pre orders since Luigis mansion comes out the next day =(

#170 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

Does anyone know if I can get Lego city, Starcraft HoTS and luigis mansion with this deal or can I not use it on pre orders since Luigis mansion comes out the next day =(

Since when could you ever B2G1 on preorders silly :lol:

#171 cyrus102

cyrus102

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Since when could you ever B2G1 on preorders silly :lol:

Idk i was just hoping for the best haha guess i have to find another game to replace Luigis probably need for speed.

#172 Indyjones

Indyjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Has anyone had success in getting Walmart to price match a B2G1?

#173 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

I'm still debating if I should wait for a price drop on tomb raider, or do the buy 2 get 1 free deal.

#174 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

Just did a search trying to make sure--but am I seriously the only CAG commenting on this thread to say that the title didn't immediately give the impression it was "B2G1 games" sale rather than, "B2G1 Skylanders" sale?? I've been looking at this thread's title all week thinking, "yawn, Skylanders sale again?" Just me huh, fuhrealz? :-s

Has anyone had success in getting Walmart to price match a B2G1?

As a WM drone, I might as well try being useful while I'm here: if ever a sale like this lists the exact prices in the ad for what a game will comeout to be, (officially) WM will PM it--everything else is extremely-YMMV.
(Poorass Ex: there were some Target sales quite a while ago--can't remember if they were "Percentage-off" sales or if they were "Buy X games Save $Y" or what--but under each game they listed specific prices you'd end up paying--that's PM-able in WM's book).

Edited by Sanges99, 15 March 2013 - 03:54 AM.

25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#175 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

I can confirm that today at work at Target, our store received copies of Monster Hunter Ultimate for the the Wii U and 3DS. This is Cockeysville, MD

#176 N4M3LE5S

N4M3LE5S

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Shame you didn't like the demo. From what I hear, it was not very beginner-friendly. But FYI Ultimate has a ton more content than the Wii game. Think SSF4 AE vs vanilla SF4 multiplied by about a factor of 2.

#-oreally?

#177 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Must not cave in on this deal... Fuhhhh i feel like canceling my mh ultimate preorder just to jump on this deal Dx.Ohwell th only game i rly want is monster hunter ... Hmm

#178 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Has anyone actually seen a regular copy of tomb raider at target? I've stopped by a couple stores but all I've seen is steelbooks for both platforms.

#179 awesometown

awesometown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

I was literally saving some (generic American Express) gift cards for a B2G1 sale to pick up some 3DS/Vita games. And, of course, I will be away for nearly the entire time the sale is happening. I do fly back next Saturday (3/23), so I will make a last minute run to Target. Hopefully there's some scraps left for me.

#180 AnubisRW

AnubisRW

You took too long....now your candy's gone...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Does anyone know if controllers or accessories would be part of this sale? I need a Wii controller and I don't mind waiting till the beginning of the sale if it would qualify...

BeanUppercut.png

AnubisRW.jpg