GGT 222 is the Official Arnold Schwarzenegger Thread.

fuck. My last post was lost.

Here's the gist.

I'm building a gaming PC this year. Not in a rush, so looking for deals. If you see some great deal on a part I'll need, especially something that isn't dependent upon other components (things like case/power supply/fans/wireless keyboard & mouse/etc.), please let me know.

Goal is to build a PC which will use my HDTV as it's monitor via HDMI out. I'm looking to get (near) top of the line shit, so I don't have to worry about updating CPU/GPU any time soon. I want to be able to run EVERYTHING, since I 'm looking to switch most of my gaming to PC by the end of the year. I will be installing this in my living/family room -- right now, since there's no audio besides the TV, I don't think I need a fancy audio card either, as I'd want the HDMI out to do the audio if possible too (is that possible?).

Hank (and maybe uraizen) are already aware and keeping an eye out for me, but I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Goal is to build a PC which will use my HDTV as it's monitor via HDMI out.[/QUOTE]
This is the part where j-cart says a thing, I think.

It is possible to get the audio to come from the hdmi through the graphics card.

New start will be dropping soon, so expect the current stuff to start dropping in price before or during the new window of release. Got a ballpark figure you want to spend?

/edit: Crotch knows me too well, but I held myself back on this one.

[quote name='The Crotch']This is the part where j-cart says a thing, I think.[/QUOTE]

I'll cover this.

Make sure you get a case with a clear side and fans that light up. Your graphics will be better if you do that.

[quote name='Indignate']I'm relinquishing all best friend control of Whoknows to that taco dude.

I just want him to be happy, is all.[/QUOTE]

You're so le hurtful.

[quote name='Indignate']Remember that time I deleted you on everything?

Cuz it just happened again.[/QUOTE]

I can forgive you for doing it once, but not le twice.
[quote name='mrspicytacoman']fuck that guy

Lets go to Paris bro
You'll love it there

You know what they call trolling Paris?

Le Troll[/QUOTE]

I wish there was a French Gamefaqs so I could le troll there.

[quote name='j-cart']It is possible to get the audio to come from the hdmi through the graphics card.

New start will be dropping soon, so expect the current stuff to start dropping in price before or during the new window of release. Got a ballpark figure you want to spend?

/edit: Crotch knows me too well, but I held myself back on this one.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Haswell is coming, and so is the new Nvidia shit. Definitely wait for all of that to drop first. If you can wait for Black Friday or thereabouts, it's awesome what you can get. I'm rocking my 120 GB Kingston SSD I paid $60 for. This year, I want a 240 GB for less than $100.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yes, Haswell is coming, and so is the new Nvidia shit. Definitely wait for all of that to drop first. If you can wait for Black Friday or thereabouts, it's awesome what you can get. I'm rocking my 120 GB Kingston SSD I paid $60 for. This year, I want a 240 GB for less than $100.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm going to wait till around then to look into upgrading my graphics card to see what I want to upgrade to and what goes on sale. I actually might look into a larger SSD around that time too, the one I use for the OS is only 64 GB and I'm always worried as I see the amount of memory go down slowly and try to keep it from really getting low. I've managed to get it to stay at around 20-25 GB, however that was after a lot of tweaking to move all the temp files to other drives, and doing some trickery to fool Windows into thinking that the folder it installs and stores updates into (which gets huge as you install more and more updates because it stores backups of a lot of stuff) is on the C: drive when in fact that folder is a link to another drive.

--

Also, I approve of this thread theme. I'm not typically into the massive body builder look, but I have a soft spot for Arnold, he makes it look good. :D

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm gunning for a 770 or 780. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is what I'm probably going to look for too. :bouncy: It kind of sounds like the 700 series isn't going to be out till Fall though, so we'll see how expensive they are.

Whoknows took the initiative and blocked me on AIM.

See how much he cares about you Taco?

If you hurt him I will fuckin kill you.

fuccckk you Le ho
I will fuck your shit up

I ain't got time for this shit

whoknows lets play le sony smash

(who still uses AIM? Get with the le times)

I know I'm late, but I'll respond to these things from last thread anyway:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't agree at all. Developers leaving free will to players in a sandbox is necessary as part of the design of that genre and as such, the player can do things that aren't in line with the story in most cases.[/QUOTE]

I think you are reading my post from the wrong direction. I'm saying the story in GTAIV kinda sucks because it doesn't fit with the gameplay, not the other way around. The story they wanted to tell isn't best told in a sandbox game. Other stories can work in a sandbox game, like Saint's Row 3 as icebeast pointed out.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Don't want realistic games, just want games that incorporate their story into the mechanics. SR3 knows exactly what it is and it doesn't give a fuck and lets you do whatever the fuck you want. GTIV knew what it wanted to be, but didn't want to change it's fundamentals, and it's kind of stupid because of it.

If we want this medium to continue to be a piece of shit for storytelling, than let's keep it that way. Let's not tell Lara Croft stories and just keep telling Nathan Drake stories. It's the same game anyways. [/QUOTE]

Exactly. You and me are on the same page here. I feel like people are misunderstanding. It's not about realism exactly, it's about making a unified game. If your story doesn't work with your game, just leave it out. Put it elsewhere, in a game or movie or wherever it actually works.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']fuccckk you Le ho
I will fuck your shit up

I ain't got time for this shit

whoknows lets play le sony smash

(who still uses AIM? Get with the le times)[/QUOTE]

You can't even put simple sentences together, so I doubt that.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']No, I'm slamming your brain matter with my superior intellect[/QUOTE]

Again, highly doubtful, but this is actually as close to a sentence as you've ever gone, so whoknows.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']But I am gunna slam leda with sex poetry[/QUOTE]

Um...okay?

[quote name='j-cart']It is possible to get the audio to come from the hdmi through the graphics card.

/edit: Crotch knows me too well, but I held myself back on this one.[/QUOTE]

Amd isnt putting out new cards til the end of the year. Dont know if that is going to change Nvidias thinking anytime soon.

Haswell comes out in June. Wait til then if you are building a new rig frosty.

I always thought people were whining about paying for xbl
Now I can see their point
Never gunna pay for that shit.

If ps4 isnt free prolly gunna jump on PC for all my multiplayer needs

bread's done
Back