(Dead)Starcraft 2 $17.99 + FS @Newegg

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

I just saw this over at slickdeals. Reps to loth8938.
Use the code STW311 for $22 off $39.99.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832127003

Edited by usagi, 11 March 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#2 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Why is there a referral link to anrdoezrs.net buried in that link?

EDIT: Nevermind. It's apparently no big deal. See below.

Edited by The End, 09 March 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#3 SpyHunter

SpyHunter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

I haven't even touched my copy of SC2 in forever but I'm actually kinda tempted by this...

#4 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Why is there a referral link to anrdoezrs.net buried in that link?

I just used the insert link icon, I think the anrdoezrs.net might be a referral link to benefit the forum maybe.

I haven't even touched my copy of SC2 in forever but I'm actually kinda tempted by this...

Yeah I'm still on the mission where you control a Ghost. I started that mission back in 2010, played a bit last year because the save file didn't work with achievements, so played like half n hour more. I have yet to beat that mission and I don't even play online anymore since 2010. Well at least I plan to play this game again in the future, unlike Diablo 3 which has no lasting value for me.

#5 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

I just used the insert link icon, I think the anrdoezrs.net might be a referral link to benefit the forum maybe.

Hmm, that's strange. I have no idea if it's anything suspicious. I've never heard of anrdoezrs.net until I saw it in your link. A google search doesn't pick up any red flags.

Just in case though, here is the link to Starcraft 2 without the anrdoezrs.net referral link.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832127003

EDIT: Now I'm seeing the anrdoezrs.net thing in my link too. *Shrugs* Maybe it is something to do with this site. Sorry about derailing this thread. Great price on Starcraft 2.

#6 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

^ I just checked other Newegg threads and they have the same link issue. I think the link gets added to any Newegg deal, so CAG gets referral money. Your link also got it too lol.

#7 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

Thanks for the find OP.

I finally desided to buy it. $17.99 with FS cant go wrong.

#8 AteBit

AteBit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

Was gonna get it this weekend @ BB for $20. Thanks OP!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

I'm pretty sure that has been the auto referral link at least for Newegg that benefits CAG's business coffers for quite a long time.

At least 3 years if not longer.

Anyways that might be the price I can't resist picking up Starcraft II for. Thanks OP.

#10 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Commission Junction (who owns www.anrdoezrs.com) pays referral kickbacks to sites like CAG. CAG auto-modified posted links to add CAG referral kickbacks.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#11 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

I've had Starcraft since launch, great game. I highly recommend the single player campaign though I wouldn't recommend going multiplayer unless you plan on sinking massive amounts of time into it.

I'm holding off on the heart of the swarm until it's around $20. I can wait a year or two.

#12 keine

keine

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

I just got this and saved $22. U jelly, OP?
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#13 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

I just got this and saved $22. U jelly, OP?

Kinda cause I bought 2 months after for $30 with an Overwhelming Offers Tigerdirect deal. I wish I got the game for $10 like my brother did when Toys R Us clearanced the game.

#14 bluelark

bluelark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Good price, I got it for the same price from Amazon when it was one of the lightning deals. Can't say I don't recommend it for this price.

#15 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

I got this, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 in the Toysrus $10 sale...I still haven't played this one. How good is it? I'm a huge Command & Conquer fan, played a little Warcraft and Age of Empires, but never really Starcraft.

#16 Snake_Doctor337

Snake_Doctor337

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Excellent price, but the 'flaws' that aren't getting patched are still a deal breaker for me :(

#17 meatwad3000

meatwad3000

The Mauve Avenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'm still on the fence at this price. $18 for the game seems good but a part of me knows that due to my backlog I should wait off and just buy the game during a winter sale when it'll be $10. The MP don't interest me and I'd rather play the SP Campaign.

#18 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm still on the fence at this price. $18 for the game seems good but a part of me knows that due to my backlog I should wait off and just buy the game during a winter sale when it'll be $10. The MP don't interest me and I'd rather play the SP Campaign.

I don't think the game will drop to $10 any time soon on a sale. Maybe in a few years when they do a deal where you might be able to do a deal for $20 - $40 for this game + Heart of the Swarm expansion pack or if any other place does a clearance for the game.

#19 Super Sonic

Super Sonic

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Blizzard is pretty stingy on the price of their games. Startcraft 2 was one of the first PC titles to start at the $60 price point, but that's nothing. What is worthy of note was that the game continued to fetch $60 a full 2 years after release. Getting it for $20 off the usual $40 price is a steal. I don't think it will ever fall to the $10 price point. More than likely Blizzards next move in a couple years is to bundle it with swarm for a battlechest price of $40.

#20 meatwad3000

meatwad3000

The Mauve Avenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

so you'd recommend buying it today and then waiting for a deal down the road when HoTS is about $20 ?

#21 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

I while recommend buying this at this price. It might be literally years until its this cheap.

This is a very good game, if only for the superb single player. It's a lot of fun, and some missions are very well done and a lot of fun.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#22 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

Whoops.. Good deal
Posted Image

#23 phishhead220

phishhead220

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Haven't played a Startcraft I or Warcraft III in forever. I was interested in this game when it came out and this price got me to bite. I haven't bought a physical PC game in forever. Does this run out of steam?

#24 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

You are kidding right?
Blizzard doesn't release a lot of games outside of WoW expansions and they have their own thing. Its called Battlenet. :)

Not trying to give you a hard time, I know some people haven't played Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2 yet and just assume that they would put it out on Steam as well.

#25 Beorach

Beorach

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'm having trouble using the code. It seemed to work until I logged in and filled out my payment information (review order step was when I got a note "there's a problem with code").

#26 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

I believe coupon code is expired today because I just got the same error when I applied it.