Photo
- - - - -

Valkyria Chronicles PS3 $16.88 Amazon

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

You have a lot to learn, but I assume from you post that you're still growing up. Of course some opinions are wrong. All of society is pretty much deciding which opinions are more valid than others. (Don't let your internet upbringing delude you into thinking otherwise.) Wasn't that long ago that some people's opinions were that it was okay to own other people. Guess we shouldn't have looked down on them, eh? It's just their OPINION after all. :roll:

I won't say someone is right or wrong for liking or disliking something. If you tried anime or this game and liked/disliked it, that's fine. But some reasons for liking/disliking something are dumb. If you saw an anime and found the voices annoying or the artwork too cutesy, that's cool. If you dislike all anime simply because there is a tiny gold sticker on the outside of the box, then you're a dope. That's what trophies represent. It's a meta reward that has nothing to do with the gaming experience. And ignoring a great game because it doesn't give you a tiny sticker is sad, sad, sad.

:applause:

#92 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Darn, waited too long & the seller isn't listed anymore. Cheapest is $19.39 now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#93 fester

fester

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Great game, no trophies. : (

Funny, the lack of trophies is a huge plus for me.

#94 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Great game, no trophies. : (

I really do not understand the big deal of no trophies. Its like taking the best journey in your life, and then bitching about not saving the tickets as a proof.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#95 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

I really do not understand the big deal of no trophies. Its like taking the best journey in your life, and then bitching about not saving the tickets as a proof.

Was ok with zip's comments until the judgment re: trophies at the end. Should have left it prior to the gold sticker comments. We're not talking about slavery or ethical issues here.

If trophies weren't a big deal to gamers, why did designers add them in? Enough people/groups wanted them. Personally, I can take them or leave them. Wasn't an issue when I picked up VC as I knew going in it didn't have trophies. Might be a deal breaker for some and that's fine. They'll just miss out on a great game and that's it.

That's my 2 cents....back to the original VC is great, buy it discussion.

#96 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Was ok with zip's comments until the judgment re: trophies at the end. Should have left it prior to the gold sticker comments. We're not talking about slavery or ethical issues here.

If trophies weren't a big deal to gamers, why did designers add them in? Enough people/groups wanted them. Personally, I can take them or leave them. Wasn't an issue when I picked up VC as I knew going in it didn't have trophies. Might be a deal breaker for some and that's fine. They'll just miss out on a great game and that's it.

That's my 2 cents....back to the original VC is great, buy it discussion.

Well morality really is opinion based. Morals aren't the same throughout the world or through time. Ancient Greeks thought it was immoral to let a handicapped child live. The moral thing was to put the (just born) infant outside the city walls for the wolves to get.

That said, i would like to get away from the anime conversation altogether. Why does the art style even matter? It's from another culture, they're going toGET YOU OH NOES!

#97 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

So, uh, about those game deals. :-P

Seriously though, looks like the price creeped back up a little. Does this game usually hover around $20 lately?

#98 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hmm, alright. I've noticed the game seems to spike in difficulty when I do missions to finish the chapter/month (I'm stuck at April at the moment). Otherwise, it wouldn't be too hard to adjust from playing VC2 to VC & back?

Yeah there should be no issues switching. After that difficult battle it eases down until Chapter 12 or 13 which is in 2 parts with infinite spawning enemies I had to use a glitch to beat, then the last 3 chapters are hard unless you have a FAQ and know precisely what to do.

#99 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

So, uh, about those game deals. :-P

Seriously though, looks like the price creeped back up a little. Does this game usually hover around $20 lately?

Must have been the slickdeals effect. Somehow it became a frontage deal