[Dead]Ni No Kuni The Wrath of the Witch 39.99 today online only Toysrus no f/s

Great price but I may pick this up next week during Targets B2G1 so it would effectively be the same price all things considered.

Good deal, I'm tempted. I have a feeling this one won't get cheaper anytime soon. Will wait til after summer and see what happens. XD Wonder if Best Buy will Price Match this?

[quote name='Capocci 007']I'm thinking about PM"ing at BB. However, I just started Tales of Vesperia. Will this game be cheaper in like a month or 6 weeks?[/QUOTE]

Considering it's a Bandai Namco game, it will eventually hit $30 or $40 by the end of the year. I wouldn't be so sure as to say it would be in six weeks considering the game just came out in January.

I just saw next week's Target ad and am intrigued to pick up Ni no Kuni then, but considering I don't have two other games to pair it up with, I may just hold off until later this year so I can pair it up with The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls. Can't think of any other games I can justify purchasing and keeping that are currently available.

[quote name='Raye']Considering it's a Bandai Namco game, it will eventually hit $30 or $40 by the end of the year. I wouldn't be so sure as to say it would be in six weeks considering the game just came out in January.

I just saw next week's Target ad and am intrigued to pick up Ni no Kuni then, but considering I don't have two other games to pair it up with, I may just hold off until later this year so I can pair it up with The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls. Can't think of any other games I can justify purchasing and keeping that are currently available.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably wait then as well. I don't want to add it to my backlog if I'm not going to start it for a few months only to see the price go down in time.

SOB!!! Had a copy in my cart, went upstairs to get my CC and when I entered it in said there was none in stock. What a crock of crap.

[quote name='heliosphann']SOB!!! Had a copy in my cart, went upstairs to get my CC and when I entered it in said there was none in stock. What a crock of crap.[/QUOTE]

Lol, thats why the number needs to be on your brain as well. I had my card so long i no longer need it to buy stuff.

My local BB screwed me. They said they don't PM TRU online, only Amazon and BB.com. Stupid. What a waste of gas and time.

[quote name='Raye']My local BB screwed me. They said they don't PM TRU online, only Amazon and BB.com. Stupid. What a waste of gas and time.[/QUOTE]

I just looked it up, they're right.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

"... these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com."

Glad I saw this on my phone on my way back from Costco. PMed at BBY using Enuf's approach :lol: this is going to be a great gift, I still need to wait for a $30 copy to get for myself.

[quote name='Blaster man']I just looked it up, they're right.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

"... these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com."[/QUOTE]

I was just shot down at BB too. The dick manager wandered over at the wrong time and denied it. Good for them.

So I went across the street to Target and they matched it no problem. Probably YMMV there too though.

[quote name='polly']I was just shot down at BB too. The dick manager wandered over at the wrong time and denied it. Good for them.

So I went across the street to Target and they matched it no problem. Probably YMMV there too though.[/QUOTE]
I guess it's best to know the manager's shifts, I always avoid the shifts of the managers that denied me, one of which once told me "you cannot buy another @Gamer magazine, it is limit one per household". Sometimes it seems the shifts are changing though, any BBY employee care to shed some light?

this game is amazing, dont listen to the comments that say "if you like anime, if you like rpg, if you blah blah"... i dont like anime, and i dont play rpgs (the las one i played was inazuma eleven for the ds like a year ago)... i dont liek the final fantasy games, i think its like a soap opera and it sucks... this game is amazing, even if you are like my that you dont play rpg or dont like animes, give it a try, believe me, you will love this game... i finished and i still playing it cause they give you more things to do one you finish the game... the are more that 400 "familiars" (the little animals) that you can raise and make stronger... all of them has two diferent final forms so you cant get both, if you want a familiar with its final form you have to train two!... i been played this game for more that 70 hours and counting!.... sorry for my english, but i just have to say that this game is amazing, forget the anime shit and the rpg shit... i dont like neither and i love this game...

[quote name='omargm']this game is amazing, dont listen to the comments that say "if you like anime, if you like rpg, if you blah blah"... i dont like anime, and i dont play rpgs (the las one i played was inazuma eleven for the ds like a year ago)... i dont liek the final fantasy games, i think its like a soap opera and it sucks... this game is amazing, even if you are like my that you dont play rpg or dont like animes, give it a try, believe me, you will love this game... i finished and i still playing it cause they give you more things to do one you finish the game... the are more that 400 "familiars" (the little animals) that you can raise and make stronger... all of them has two diferent final forms so you cant get both, if you want a familiar with its final form you have to train two!... i been played this game for more that 70 hours and counting!.... sorry for my english, but i just have to say that this game is amazing, forget the anime shit and the rpg shit... i dont like neither and i love this game...[/QUOTE]

This game is good. If you don't think you like JRPG's but you like this then I don't think you played the right ones.

maybe your are right my friend... i like the games like this one that has a nice story, cool characters, and everything in the ni no kuni world is simply amazing... the last rpg i tried to play, was final fantasy xii and it sucks in my opinion... you just give orders and they play by themselfs, the story was like a cheap soap opera and too fucking gay if you ask me... i will try to find rpgs like this one... regards...

[quote name='omargm']maybe your are right my friend... i like the games like this one that has a nice story, cool characters, and everything in the ni no kuni world is simply amazing... the last rpg i tried to play, was final fantasy xii and it sucks in my opinion... you just give orders and they play by themselfs, the story was like a cheap soap opera and too fucking gay if you ask me... i will try to find rpgs like this one... regards...[/QUOTE]

Try Tales of Vesperia. Not sure how easy it is to find now.

[quote name='TooPoor']I guess it's best to know the manager's shifts, I always avoid the shifts of the managers that denied me, one of which once told me "you cannot buy another @Gamer magazine, it is limit one per household". Sometimes it seems the shifts are changing though, any BBY employee care to shed some light?[/QUOTE]

Thats crazy they would say that where does it say the magazines are 1 per household

[quote name='Blaster man']I just looked it up, they're right.

"... these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com."[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't really say that, since BB use to match TRU in the past. I remember a number of CE deals where they would match or verify stock in store.

[quote name='admiralvic']I wouldn't really say that, since BB use to match TRU in the past. I remember a number of CE deals where they would match or verify stock in store.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure all the idiots that bought up dozens of Diablo III and Skyrim for PC at BB when TRU clearanced all their PC games for $9.98 didn't help with their (Best Buy's) decision to drop Toys R Us as a competitor that they'd PM.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm sure all the idiots that bought up dozens of Diablo III and Skyrim for PC at BB when TRU clearanced all their PC games for $9.98 didn't help with their (Best Buy's) decision to drop Toys R Us as a competitor that they'd PM.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i remember that incident. I think it was after the first few days, before bestbuy corporate sending out memos to not price match tru clearance/ deals due to the unavailability, and because you got people from cag/ sd cleaning out whole bb stores of diablo3/ starcraft II, etc.. There was even a forum post on bby forum about the incident.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I doubt we will ever see it that low...[/QUOTE]

It's a great game... no one who's played even a little bit of it will deny that. But it IS a single-player RPG, with little replay value. Unless Namco/Bandai stops production of the standard version thereby making it a rare game, it will drop to $19.99 (perhaps even lower when adding on promos, membership discounts, etc.) eventually.

[quote name='omargm']maybe your are right my friend... i like the games like this one that has a nice story, cool characters, and everything in the ni no kuni world is simply amazing... the last rpg i tried to play, was final fantasy xii and it sucks in my opinion... you just give orders and they play by themselfs, the story was like a cheap soap opera and too fucking gay if you ask me... i will try to find rpgs like this one... regards...[/QUOTE]
You say you don't like a anime, but really like this story. I'd recommend you give a couple of Studio Ghibli movies a try, same style of storytelling and artwork, it may surprise you.
[quote name='scol']gah, good price, but just gonna add to my backlog lol. I should wait, but.........[/QUOTE]

The word "backlog" should never come near this game.

[quote name='Xombie007']It's a great game... no one who's played even a little bit of it will deny that. But it IS a single-player RPG, with little replay value. Unless Namco/Bandai stops production of the standard version thereby making it a rare game, it will drop to $19.99 (perhaps even lower when adding on promos, membership discounts, etc.) eventually.[/QUOTE]

It took Tales of Graces f about 6 months or so to drop to $39.99, and that's where it still is, a year later. Also Namco/Bandai.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Thats crazy they would say that where does it say the magazines are 1 per household[/QUOTE]
I have no idea, but it seems managers can do whatever they want, in both extremes, so I just try my best to avoid the tight managers.

bread's done
Back