Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Toysrus website Pre order 37.49 f/s ps3/xbox/wii u

I have a feeling this game is going to be really really bad unfortunately. Might rent it a night on Redbox just to confirm. :)

I'm so torn on this game. I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead universe...and Daryl is easily my favorite character on the show. Those factors have me wanting to buy the game day one...even if it's crap. I'd feel a lot better about it if Amazon would at least match this price, as I have credit to use there. I reported the lower price to them, but we'll see if they do anything with it.

when this comes out on march 19th target will have a b2g1 free deal during that week.. which would make this game $26.66 before tax

(if target has it for sale and it comes out on that date)

edit: sorry I mean the price is $33.33 but still cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']I have a feeling this game is going to be really really bad unfortunately. Might rent it a night on Redbox just to confirm. :)[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'd wait for reviews unless you're extremely excited for this for whatever reason.

[quote name='johnston306']what kind of math is that...does not compute[/QUOTE]

He/she is assuming that MSRP is $40 for the game but it is really $50.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']when this comes out on march 19th target will have a b2g1 free deal during that week.. which would make this game $26.66 before tax

(if target has it for sale and it comes out on that date)[/QUOTE]

The cheapest you could get this at Target (assuming a B2G1 is happening that week) is getting 3 $50 games, which is $100/3, so the total would be $33.33 before tax.

You still need to get 2 more games as well though.

[quote name='clonesniper666']He/she is assuming that MSRP is $40 for the game but it is really $50.

The cheapest you could get this at Target (assuming a B2G1 is happening that week) is getting 3 $50 games, which is $100/3, so the total would be $33.33 before tax.

You still need to get 2 more games as well though.[/QUOTE]

yea sorry I was calculating it at a $40 MSRP my mistake.

However you do not need 3 games, you can buy 3 games and return 2. The receipt on target will have the value of each game as $33.33 so they make it easy to return if you only want 1.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm so torn on this game. I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead universe...and Daryl is easily my favorite character on the show. Those factors have me wanting to buy the game day one...even if it's crap. I'd feel a lot better about it if Amazon would at least match this price, as I have credit to use there. I reported the lower price to them, but we'll see if they do anything with it.[/QUOTE]
I did that on aliens ce and after that i can not let my heart decide since aliens ripped it out. I love everything walking dead but what was officially released to show it off made me want to rent it first. It still looks somewhat plastic looking imo. It reminds me of a 360 arcade game with a decent budget. I hope it rocks but prob rental here first.

I was really hyped for this game until I found it doesn't have online co-op :bomb: Makes no sense to put TWO brothers as characters into an FPS and then make it single player only. Its got low budget and bargain bin written all over it..

I have the UK magazine 360 Gamer and I think they hit the nail on the head with their preview and I have to admit, the only reason why I still have a pre-order with Gamestop is to get the free Walker Ear necklace. I can see myself returning this game unopened and getting Bioshock Infinite or the Injustice game and wait for this game to do the steep Aliens Colonial Marines price drop and will get this when it is $19.99 or less in about a month.

The preview said this:

Activison's MO has been clear for years. It spends mega-millions on its cash cow, Call of Duty, making it the most spectacular game on the market. Then it spends the bare minimum making substandard games based on big-name licenses, pushing out second and third rate titles that sell solely on the strength of their brand. It is a mercenary strategy, tricking punters into paying for garbage, but it works, so more power to Kotick and Co. for getting away with it. But Activision has been selling snake oil so transparently for so long that, Call of Duty aside, it is rapidly becoming a publisher on par with THQ. In fact, its recent output aspires to THQ quality: Family Guy, Back to the Multiverse, 007 Legends, X-Men Destiny, Men in Black...and it looks like you can add The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct to that list of subpar products being shamelessly sold to the public. What we have on these pages are a few screens and captures from a build of the game Activision saw fit to release to the public. Sparse, linear environments. Bland, muddy textures. Outrageously oblivious AI. Hilarious, low-res zombies who apparently all wear plaid shirts. At first we feared that this would be a zombie COD-a-thon. Now we fear it's going to be as bad as Family Guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tarskidx']I have the UK magazine 360 Gamer and I think they hit the nail on the head with their preview and I have to admit, the only reason why I still have a pre-order with Gamestop is to get the free Walker Ear necklace. I can see myself returning this game unopened and getting Bioshock Infinite or the Injustice game and wait for this game to do the steep Aliens Colonial Marines price drop and will get this when it is $19.99 or less in about a month.

The preview said this:

Activison's MO has been clear for years. It spends mega-millions on its cash cow, Call of Duty, making it the most spectacular game on the market. Then it spends the bare minimum making substandard games based on big-name licenses, pushing out second and third rate titles that sell solely on the strength of their brand. It is a mercenary strategy, tricking punters into paying for garbagem but it works, so more power to Kotick and CO for getting away with it. But Activision has been selling snake oil so transparently for so long that, Call of Duty aside, it is rapidly becoming a publisher on a par with THQ. In fact, its recent output aspires to THQ quality: Family Guy, Back to teh Multiverse, 007 Legends, X-Men Destiny, Men in Black...and it looks like you can add The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct to that list of subpar products being shamelessly sold to the public.What we have on these pages are a few screens and captures from a build of the game Activision saw fit to release to the public. Sparse, linear environments. Bland, muddy textures. Outrageously oblivious AI. Hilarious, low-res zombies who apparently all wear plaid shirts. At first we feared that this would be a zombie COD-a-thon. Now we fear it's going to be as bad as Family Guy.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this info it just kills me reading it. I was on the fence for so long waiting for more media but this makes so much sense now. I will go with my gut and avoid this one. I am canceling preorder now. At least riptide is close.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I actually loved LOD, but I will wait for this one to hit the $20 range. No way is it going to be as good as the TellTale Game[/QUOTE]

In all honesty I barely played it, think it was a rental, and I'd probably snatch it up in a bundle if I ever had the chance. :lol:

Anyone know how we can notify them of the PS3 version price? I used a $20 preorder credit for mine would be awesome to get the game for 17.49.

Ok I reported it. Not sure it if it'll work since idk if it always said 37.49 or if they changed it to 25% off so people wouldn't get Amazon to price match.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I have a feeling this game is going to be really really bad unfortunately. Might rent it a night on Redbox just to confirm. :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This one seems much more "Move Game" than the last one.

Well they lowered their price to Toys R Us price on the 360 and Wii U maybe not enough people reported the lower price on the PS3 version.

Glad Amazon matched this! Yeah, it might drop to $20 in a couple months, but I doubt it goes any lower than that until Gamefly has it used in one of their monthly sales. So, I can at least justify paying $17 more as a big fan of The Walking Dead universe to play it right away and support the world of TWD. It's also worth noting that the new Dead Island game comes out a month later...but oddly is also MSRP'd at $49.99. I hope that's not a bad sign there as well.

I'm mad that Amazon screwed us PS3 owners over and didn't give us the TRU price they better lower it soon.

Redbox removed the PS3 version from the release list only 360 now on march 19th.

Have to buy it I guess.

[quote name='tarskidx']the telltale, facebook and ios games all seem superior to this rushed and unpolished product.[/quote]
+99999999999

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Glad Amazon matched this! Yeah, it might drop to $20 in a couple months, but I doubt it goes any lower than that until Gamefly has it used in one of their monthly sales. So, I can at least justify paying $17 more as a big fan of The Walking Dead universe to play it right away and support the world of TWD. It's also worth noting that the new Dead Island game comes out a month later...but oddly is also MSRP'd at $49.99. I hope that's not a bad sign there as well.[/QUOTE]
Bet it drops fast like aliens it just dropped almost $12 before release. They will keep doing these games if people buy enough of them. :cry:

Honestly, I don't think Kirkman and the lucrative money train known as TWD need us to support their universe and property by buying this unpolished turd produced by Activision. If anything, you are supporting Activision and justifying their current business model on crapping out licensed games that sell on their name value and using all of their real assets and talent for COD. I don't think TWD will be begging for hand outs as it is a cash cow. Hell...many true TWD fans feel they are selling out as it went from a underground Indy type comic with low print runs to selling out to the mainstream from everything like ice cube trays to bobbleheads to theme park attractions. Trust me, if there is not one brand that TWD is not attached to, it is only a matter of time. If you want to support TWD, do so by the infinite number of merchandise out there. This game will not make or break their chances at more videogames as Telltale is already working on a season 2 game. By not buying this game will probably break up Activision/TWD relationship and a real game company may actually put care into the product.

My Wii U is starved for a new game.
But this is probably 5 hours of terrible.
But very other Walking Dead game I've played has been fun.
But there is no real coverage at all and that's not a good sign.
But crossbows are cool.
But I got burned badly by preordering Aliens:CM.
But crossbows.

Ok, I'm in. If its crap and I finish it in 3 days It'll be $20 toward my Bioshock preorder.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Honestly, I don't think Kirkman and the lucrative money train known as TWD need us to support their universe and property by buying this unpolished turd produced by Activision. If anything, you are supporting Activision and justifying their current business model on crapping out licensed games that sell on their name value and using all of their real assets and talent for COD. I don't think TWD will be begging for hand outs as it is a cash cow. Hell...many true TWD fans feel they are selling out as it went from a underground Indy type comic with low print runs to selling out to the mainstream from everything like ice cube trays to bobbleheads to theme park attractions. Trust me, if there is not one brand that TWD is not attached to, it is only a matter of time. If you want to support TWD, do so by the infinite number of merchandise out there. This game will not make or break their chances at more videogames as Telltale is already working on a season 2 game. By not buying this game will probably break up Activision/TWD relationship and a real game company may actually put care into the product.[/QUOTE]

LMAO...wow, those "true TWD fans" sound like real elitist douchebags. You're going to actually sit here and tell me what I should and should not buy? fuck you, dude. I'm "supporting the Activision machine". Well, I don't buy Call of Duty at launch because I've grown weary of playing repetitive shooters with no originality on a yearly basis. So, that balances it out.

Like I said, even if this game is crap, show me another shooter I can play that features a crossbow. The idea that you actually think you have any influence over anything a company does is laughable. You are one person. Buy what you like. Don't buy what you don't like. Stay out of the politics that you have absolutely no control over.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']LMAO...wow, those "true TWD fans" sound like real elitist douchebags. You're going to actually sit here and tell me what I should and should not buy? fuck you, dude. I'm "supporting the Activision machine". Well, I don't buy Call of Duty at launch because I've grown weary of playing repetitive shooters with no originality on a yearly basis. So, that balances it out.

Like I said, even if this game is crap, show me another shooter I can play that features a crossbow. The idea that you actually think you have any influence over anything a company does is laughable. You are one person. Buy what you like. Don't buy what you don't like. Stay out of the politics that you have absolutely no control over.[/QUOTE]

So you made some very valid points which I appreciate and would have agreed with but then say F U to me which makes your reply uneducated? Real classy and instead of holding an intelligent conversation, you resort to taking shots when I took no shots at anyone on the forum. I wouldn't mind offering a point/counterpoint, but this is probably not the forum for us to engage in. However, allow me to reply with a couple points before moving on.

I provided some facts for some that feel this is how you should support TWD franchise and were on the fence. I provided the UK 360 Gamer preview and how they feel about the bastardizing of license games by Activision and how TWD plays, which none of us have had the luxury of doing.

Would buying this game admittedly help TWD? Sure...but it isn't like TWD needs this revenue to sustain longevity of the property. They have so many other outlets where they are generating money hand over fist so don't buy this game just because you are loyal to the brand. I am not one of those TWD elitists per se. I do support this very same license by buying some of the items other "elitists" feel makes TWD a sellout. I have the board game, I have the McFarlane figures, I have the Gamestop CE of the Telltale game, I have the shirts, I have a subscription to the comic and I even have the collector's editions of the blu ray box sets.

I even have the 3 of the 4 previous games (I refuse to buy that THQ TV game) and I am on the fence for this. I have kept my pre-order just for the walker ears, but I am not sure I will even play this game just like I did not play the Game of Thrones game by Atlus that is probably a better built game than this. I am a huge Game of Thrones fan and I also support that brand with my hard earned money as well.

It isn't like this is the only game to feature 1st person crossbow action as Rage, Link's Crossbow Training, Half-Life 2 have it, but I know the list is not overwhelming. Still it is the prerogative of the buyer and I agree with that. They will decide (like me) to buy this game at launch or wait for another price drop. I just know the reviews will be underwhelming or there would have been a demo or a release to the game sites and that has not happened, which normally means they want to hold off on negative reviews.

A lot of people have very little expendable cash or why would they be on CAG in the first place. I would suggest that they spend this money on so many good to great games that came out recently like Metal Gear Rising, Devil May Cry, God of War, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, etc....and they can beat those games and then decide to trade it in and be able to still have enough trade in credit to buy this game later as it will not hold its value at this rate. It is dropping as fast as Alien Colonial Marines, which did a similar move prior to release.

Will it affect Activision one bit if people don't buy this game??? NO!! It will also not affect TWD as another Telltale game will be coming out in the future. However, just like some of the CAG community boycott Gamestop and will refuse to buy from them regardless of deal, I feel the same about supporting Activision. They are all about COD and they have the revenue to justify that so they don't even need licenses from other brands. I am conflicted as I love TWD so I want to see this story with the Dixons through. I would rather buy this game used where Activision does not get a cent as I just don't like their business model or just rent it. That is my choice and it is just a personal stand that I take and I can't tell you not to buy this game at launch.

Well I truly hope the game is good, especially for those that have been waiting for this, but I will not hold on to hope and will be playing Tomb Raider, God of War, Bioshock and will get to this game when it is in the bargain bin as I know Activision did not care about the property. Read the UK 360 Gamer preview again to hear it from a professional and respectable videogame magazine/site.

Thank you to all!

I saw the Xbox 360 and PS3 version for sale at the Rockaway, NJ Toys R Us. I'll avoid this game until I see some reviews even though I expect them to be negative.

bread's done
Back