$20 off Gears of War: Judgment Pre-Order (Newegg)

That's a really good deal, yet I'm still leaning towards not getting this game until its really cheap.

[quote name='RainFall']NO DLC bonus?[/QUOTE]
Who cares about skins and those nonsense when you get $20 off? :p

Thanks OP.

should i cancel microsoft store i always get day 1 from them, never ordered from newegg
im gettin season pass for sure i already have $30 in points tho

I was pretty sure that I would give the Microsoft Store my pre-order but for $20 off up front it looks like Newegg wins it for me. I don't care about the DLC or MSP and I'll sacrifice release-day shipping.

I know I won't get the the retailer specific preorders from newegg, but how about the Hammerburst weapon and Gears 1 download code that were stated to come with all preorders?

Anyone know if those codes were for all launch copies or just preorders from those specific retailers?

Nice deal. I'll stick with Alex Brand and 1600 MS points from the Microsoft Store though. I go through MS points so fast, they may as well be cash. :lol:

Dang, that would have been a good deal. Definitely would have tried to PM that to BBY as they have been been matching Fry's pre-order deals too. OP should probably be updated to reflect that the deal is currently dead.

EDIT: Now it looks like it is working again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrr6415sun']I knew that wouldn't last long.. I was wondering why they advertised it as a 48 hour deal. it only lasted 7 hours lol[/QUOTE]

It must have been in dog hours.

[quote name='EvilPirateJohn']Code still worked for me.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's only valid on certain accounts. I have 2 accounts 1 got an email advertising the sale one didn't. I haven't tested it on both though

Do they charge right away? Still very on the fence, loved gears 1 and 3 multiplayer. 2 was awful, and it looks like they've stripped away a lot of the core stuff in this game. It should've stayed a trilogy, but eh..

It didn't work for me a while ago, but now that I've signed in in my account, it is working.

Thanks, OP. Was thinking about getting this on Target's "buy two get one free" deal next week, but was struggling with what third game I'd get along with this and Tomb Raider. Now, I'll get this for $39.99, wait for Tomb Raider to hit $39.99 in a few weeks, and save $40 by not getting a game I'm kind of marginal on like the new Metal Gear.

Deal just worked for me too. I had to put in my email address before applying the code (which is normal), but it seems like the code is only available to email subscribers and/or previous customers. I was going to wait until it comes out free on PS Plus, but then I figured it might be awhile...

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Deal just worked for me too. I had to put in my email address before applying the code (which is normal), but it seems like the code is only available to email subscribers and/or previous customers. I was going to wait until it comes out free on PS Plus, but then I figured it might be awhile...[/QUOTE]
Sony getting gears would be like Microsoft getting uncharted.

Anyone have any luck PMing this over the phone to BBY? Just wondering if/how it will work since a promo code is involved.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Deal just worked for me too. I had to put in my email address before applying the code (which is normal), but it seems like the code is only available to email subscribers and/or previous customers. I was going to wait until it comes out free on PS Plus, but then I figured it might be awhile...[/QUOTE]

Yep. At the bottom of the order page, it says "A code you entered is exclusive to newsletter subscribers."

[quote name='Dund3r']Anyone have any luck PMing this over the phone to BBY? Just wondering if/how it will work since a promo code is involved.[/QUOTE]
It will probably be hard to do since cs won't be able to replicate the deal.

[quote name='Dund3r']Yep. At the bottom of the order page, it says "A code you entered is exclusive to newsletter subscribers."[/QUOTE]

i just made an account and the code works for me

[quote name='Vcize']Doesn't newegg work with shoprunner? I can't seem to find the option to use shoprunner shipping on this.[/QUOTE]

Shoprunner is only available for certain items.

Thanks OP. Just placed my order. Wasn't going to get this game on Release Date, but cant pass up this Price. Great Deal!!

I still think I am passing. Visually the game looks great but I am just burnt out on Gears. I know it is a stupid reason but they even brought back the stupid War Supporter Medal Achievement that Epic basically abandoned after about year. They ended up having to patch the game so people could get the stupid thing.

[quote name='Vcize']Doesn't newegg work with shoprunner? I can't seem to find the option to use shoprunner shipping on this.[/QUOTE]
For some reason it won't work on preorders.

bread's done
Back