Photo
- - - - -

$20 off Gears of War: Judgment Pre-Order (Newegg)

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#61 DrAndonuts

DrAndonuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Time to double dip, people. I just pre-ordered at Best Buy for $39.99 by calling customer service. If you want to pay $39.99 AND get a $20 BB credit (plus DLC), this is the way to go. You may kind of have to walk them through it a bit (add to cart, enter code, etc.), but it definitely is in line with their new policy. Remember, you now have to price match during the order process, so no PMs to existing orders.

Do you remember which rep you spoke to?

EDIT: Called them, and it looks like a memo is going around saying that they can't pricematch Newegg promo codes. I was able to pricematch Fry's, though - they have it for $49.99.

Edited by DrAndonuts, 11 March 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#62 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Boom - just got it. I called the Premier Silver number - in my experience I get better service from that number. I told the CS rep the lower price was at newegg.com, but I don't think he even checked their site because I didn't have to explain the promo code situation. I had not placed an order for the game yet, so the CS rep placed an order for me with the $20 deducted. All said and done, a total of $39.99 plus taxes.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#63 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Is it really that difficult to get a freakin customer service number off the Best Buy website....????

888-237-8289....

EDIT: That's what I get for answering the phone and not reloading the page to see new posts.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#64 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

What kind of shipping does Newegg use for preorders?

#65 bluelark

bluelark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Who cares about skins and those nonsense when you get $20 off? :P

Thanks OP.

Hah. It depends if you want to get the season pass. If so, MS store or BB are both offering 20$ gift cards essentially with it (BB if you have GCU). So either of those would be a better option in that case. Comes out even no matter which way you look at it if you want the season pass.

What kind of shipping does Newegg use for preorders?

Every time I've done it has been free 3 day shipping, shipped out Monday and received on Wednesday (of release week). Results may vary.

#66 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

yes within 3 days

#67 Ric Flair

Ric Flair

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Just got off the phone. Best Buy wouldn't honor the promo pricing. Oh well.

#68 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Just got off the phone. Best Buy wouldn't honor the promo pricing. Oh well.

I didn't get it on the first try either. I called again immediately and it went through with a different rep. YMMV when it comes to Best Buy customer service.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#69 Ric Flair

Ric Flair

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

I didn't get it on the first try either. I called again immediately and it went through with a different rep. YMMV when it comes to Best Buy customer service.

Guess it won't hurt to keep trying. I'll call back later tonight to see if my luck changes.

#70 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Do you guys just say check newegg's website or what?

Also, do I place the order then call them, or do I call them and they place the order for me? I want to use a $10 certificate.

#71 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

it's likely doa the moment you mention video game and/or Newegg to a Best Buy rep. People on both the regular and silver lines already knew about this when called an hour ago and have been since.

#72 Static Stranger

Static Stranger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Deal is still good, just placed my order.

208657.png

#73 Strizz

Strizz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hah. It depends if you want to get the season pass. If so, MS store or BB are both offering 20$ gift cards essentially with it (BB if you have GCU). So either of those would be a better option in that case. Comes out even no matter which way you look at it if you want the season pass.

Every time I've done it has been free 3 day shipping, shipped out Monday and received on Wednesday (of release week). Results may vary.

FWIW, last two preorders I have done through Newegg w/ free standard shipping have both shipped the evening before relase and, as I am in CT (shipped from Edinson), received on release day- Halo 4/Gears 3

71446.png

#74 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

I know I won't get the the retailer specific preorders from newegg, but how about the Hammerburst weapon and Gears 1 download code that were stated to come with all preorders?

Anyone know if those codes were for all launch copies or just preorders from those specific retailers?

Does anyone have an answer to this?

660090.png 660091.png

#75 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Does anyone have an answer to this?

I believe that they're both inside the case as long as you get the first run of copies produced.

#76 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

BB customer service won't do the price match for me as well

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#77 Junkyard Jeff

Junkyard Jeff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

I was gonna hold off on this game but $39.99 w/no tax was too enticing. No character skin = no big deal.

#78 bluelark

bluelark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

To anyone trying, try doing this and calling back at least a time or two. Customer service varies GREATLY with the rep you get. Some want to get your business and do what they can, some don't know "official policy" or follow it exactly. It really just depends. So yeah, it's worth giving it a couple shots at least if you don't get it the first time or two. I don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with their customer service for the site or waiting for my preorder or anything (already have it preordered from them in store) so I won't be taking advantage of it. Good luck to those of you trying though.

#79 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

Order placed. Thanks, OP.

660090.png 660091.png

#80 fishface45

fishface45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

In for one thanks OP

#81 RCizzle65

RCizzle65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Called Best Buy and they said they wouldn't price match a promo code, I'll try again later

#82 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

This is assuming you pay full price for MS Points. I'm pretty sure no one on CAG pays full price for MS Points. Also, you will have to wait a few weeks for your rewards cert. I'd rather have cash up front and decide how I want to spend it. Also, Newegg doesn't charge me tax. MS and Best Buy both do, so that's a few more dollars. The biggest disadvantage for Newegg is the shipping speed.

#83 jimbo8574

jimbo8574

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

I am on now with a gamer rep. I think she is on to this. Said there has been some issues price matching this game.

Shot down. Oh well.

Ordered from NewEgg.

Thanks DieGo2SHAE.

Edited by jcondon, 12 March 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#84 chazmet

chazmet

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Called Best Buy and they said they wouldn't price match a promo code, I'll try again later

This is exactly what happened to me.

#85 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Thanks OP got two copies with my two accounts. My GF absolutely loves gears so we need two copies lol.

512847.png

#86 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

Thanks got a copy for $43 shipped.

#87 JKooL

JKooL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

I want the season pass & Alex Brand so MS store for me!

#88 Newl

Newl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

Great price! I don't even have to pay tax.

unfortunately, I've grown tired of the series, so this is a skip.
pswii60 pwner - aka Too Many Games, Too Little Time
Posted Image

#89 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

48 hours only or while supplies last

Add the game to your cart: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874103292

Apply code: EMCYTZT3079

Enjoy!

Wow, your avatar looks like something I drew 2 years ago my Junior year. Eerily similar.

#90 Dantarp

Dantarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

Awesome deal. Thanks for the heads up.

ach.png