X-Com Enemy Unknown (PS3) $14.95 FS Game Deal Daily

That is an excellent deal on an excellent game. The DLC isn't something I would bother paying for, but the game itself is great.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']This site legit?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I've ordered a couple of things from them and been happy. Other people will tell you of some poorer experiences, though.

Great price for anyone who does not plan to resell the game to best buy / gamestop / amazon, etc. Hopefully the US version of the game hits this price one day.

This game is awesome. $15 is a steal. I loved it at $40 and am waiting for more DLC to come out to play through again.

Note that unless you import a HK points card, you won't be able to play the DLC. The DLC isn't hugely significant to date.

There is DLC for this right? What are the chances of a "Complete" edition down the line?

X Com was one of my favorite games years back, would like to pick up this.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Cant see the website here at work. Do they charge shipping and tax? I might buy this when i get home.[/QUOTE]

Free shipping; didn't see a line for tax, either.

[quote name='SackAttack']Free shipping; didn't see a line for tax, either.[/QUOTE]
Thanks alot Sackattack! Gonna jump on this when I get home

[quote name='alwayscheaper']You with smartphone, enter Best Buy and grab a copy of said game, approach cashier:

You: will you match the price of this website?
Cashier: let me ask manager, not sure about that site.
Enter Manager...
Cashier: this customer wishes to match the price on this site.
Manager: No.

End Scene[/QUOTE]

More like:

Manager: Gtfo

$15 is a great price for the game, even without the dlc... have gun getting smack down by aliens though because this is one of the hardest strategy games out there.

[quote name='apterous']This game is awesome. $15 is a steal. I loved it at $40 and am waiting for more DLC to come out to play through again.

Note that unless you import a HK points card, you won't be able to play the DLC. The DLC isn't hugely significant to date.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that if I buy DLC from the American PS Store, it won't work with this version of the game?

[quote name='kube00']I wonder if their Trade in Values havent been updated in a while[/QUOTE]

Did a little reading on their forum and it appears there are some issues with getting a response to e-mails and trades that were sent in. Should have done a little reading before I posted about the trade in values.

[quote name='mark_IV']Did a little reading on their forum and it appears there are some issues with getting a response to e-mails and trades that were sent in. Should have done a little reading before I posted about the trade in values.[/QUOTE]

If it's the same as it has been for some time it's just one guy who runs the site. The trade-in values have not been updated in a VERY long time.

On another note the site is legit. The owner used to post the deals here himself and other than the extremely slow email responses they're fine.

[quote name='sTaTIx']So you're saying that if I buy DLC from the American PS Store, it won't work with this version of the game?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too, can someone please provide some clarification?

[quote name='alwayscheaper']you with smartphone, enter best buy and grab a copy of said game, approach cashier:

You: Will you match the price of this website?
Cashier: Let me ask manager, not sure about that site.
Enter manager...
Cashier: This customer wishes to match the price on this site.
Manager: No.

End scene[/quote]

lol.

A nice price, but I'll wait another month or two when it'll be that price everywhere than buy it off this shady site I don't trust

[quote name='diishen']I'd like to know this too, can someone please provide some clarification?[/QUOTE]
If you want the DLC you'd have to buy the DLC off the game's region's store. DLC and saves are region locked on PS3.

Had this been the US version I'd be all over it. I want the option to buy DLC easlily. As for the site itself, I purchased a PS+ subscription from them and they delivered so I'd order again.

you can definitely price match at best buy if you have cool cashiers... all you do is print off page with price and hand cashier... they then enter price adjustment and look for the company or website to be pricematched or if the website is not in the system then there is an option for them to enter the website they are price matching... I have done it before.

"The 'Elite Soldier Pack' DLC is included, but the code needs to be entered on a Region 3 PSN account. The DLC can then be used within the game"

It looks like it's a region 3, "Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong"

It'll work on the PS3, but I'm very doubtful it will be in english, also, for the dlc, you have to have a region 3 psn.

Thanks for the post, but I'll feel safer with the US Version. It has to be soon that we will see a price drop or sale for this game close to that price. I see that game every where collecting dust on the shelf, but it's gotten so many good reviews.

If Amazon matches this, I'll jump on this.

Are you sure the dlc is region locked? I have a physical copy of Pain, which was only sold in Europe. Every time it's had a software update, I've been able to get it no problem with my NA psn account.

Thanks op! In for one.

BTW, the site owner is a CAG and posts deals on again off again in the deals section. Everyone forgotten Playstation Plus 1 Year Membership + Blu-Ray Remote for $39.95 deal a month ago here on CAG? It's the same guy.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Are you sure the dlc is region locked? I have a physical copy of Pain, which was only sold in Europe. Every time it's had a software update, I've been able to get it no problem with my NA psn account.[/QUOTE]

software updates dont come from the actual store. And its true, DLC is region locked.

[quote name='HCHecxz']Thanks for the post, but I'll feel safer with the US Version. It has to be soon that we will see a price drop or sale for this game close to that price. I see that game every where collecting dust on the shelf, but it's gotten so many good reviews.

If Amazon matches this, I'll jump on this.[/QUOTE]
well that sucks. Since when strategy games have become a niche. I pulled the trigger, knowing that amazon will have the PC version on sale later this month, as I want to play it on a console.

I will rebuy it on Xbox when the price drops to $9.99 used.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Are you sure the dlc is region locked? I have a physical copy of Pain, which was only sold in Europe. Every time it's had a software update, I've been able to get it no problem with my NA psn account.[/QUOTE]
There are only a handful of games that don't have region locked DLC. Two are Pain and Uncharted 3 but X-Com isn't one of them.

Got a shipping notification today from Google Checkout, from yesterday's order. Hopefully this arrives cause it's an awesome deal. Thanks OP.

Great deal if you're okay with possibly not being able to resell it. I've seen a few U.K. versions of original DS games at my local GameStop, but not PS3, so it's likely they wouldn't take it as a trade-in. I tend to keep my games so that doesn't really matter to me. I'd order this myself if I hadn't already picked up the 360 version in a Craigslist deal a couple of weeks ago. The game itself is first-rate.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but you can use the DLC if you make a Hong Kong PSN account. Just redeem the DLC under your Hong Kong account, then switch over to your normal account and you should be able to play everything.

The reason being that DLC is region locked to the disc region, but if you have Region 3 DLC and a Region 3 disc, then it should work on all your accounts. But for instance, you can't buy European DLC if you have a North American disc, since they aren't compatible.

[quote name='roundhouse']Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but you can use the DLC if you make a Hong Kong PSN account. Just redeem the DLC under your Hong Kong account, then switch over to your normal account and you should be able to play everything.

The reason being that DLC is region locked to the disc region, but if you have Region 3 DLC and a Region 3 disc, then it should work on all your accounts. But for instance, you can't buy European DLC if you have a North American disc, since they aren't compatible.[/QUOTE]
I did as you stated, I was able to redeem code. Where in the game will I see the dlc? Thanks

How long did it take most of you to get your game? It doesn't seem like I should expect a shipping notice and I ordered Wednesday.

[quote name='Lucian']How long did it take most of you to get your game? It doesn't seem like I should expect a shipping notice and I ordered Wednesday.[/QUOTE]I didn't get a shipping notice, I ordered on Tuesday and received it on Thursday. Very surprised on how fast I got it.

Kind of just got this for free. Ordered it will my google wallet, then decided, what am I doing, I'll try to PM first. So I canceled it right away. You have 15 minutes with google wallet. Never reordered, never thought about it. Wen't to go check the mail yesterday and there it was. Checked my account and google wallet, they never charged me.

bread's done
Back