Flame away

/me gets a bucket of water. :lol:

#123 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

Ahhh, well that's disappointing.

Although, once I saw the game was strictly based on JUST Darryl and Merle, I smelt crap...

If they made a true Walking Dead RPG game that included all the characters of the novel/show, I think that would do wonderful...especially if they had a big name like Bethesda or Rockstar behind it.

Also as a fan since the comics, I rented this just because it was supposed to follow Darryl and Merle prior to them meeting up with the rest of the group. I thought "Oh good, a nice origins story". There was little to no story.

#124 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

If anyone is on the fence and wants to see more gameplay, IGN did a livestream of them playing it for 2 hours. It should be on their website somewhere. Game looks really bad imo. Also they beat Act I (out of 3 acts) in like an hour and a half.
tl

#125 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

too much for a game slated by the majority

#126 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

I actually enjoy it

Flame away

The fact that you enjoy it is great. Posting on the forum praising it without any reason why is just trollin.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#127 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

I feel bad for the actors nice way to lower that rep... The trailers with them talking was lame. Oh well always tellie haha

#128 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

It's extremely repetitive and is set up like a modern Oregon Trail.

So... the zombies give you dysentery?

#129 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

This would probably be more fun and at 1/12th the price, just released on steam greenlight.

Guardian_owl.png

#130 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Worse. They stand there and slowly slap you to death. These zombies seems to very uninterested in eating me.

#131 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

OK the game is bad but how easier are the achievements?

#132 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

The fact that you enjoy it is great. Posting on the forum praising it without any reason why is just trollin.

Can you please remind me where I am praising it? I just said I was enjoying it. That's all....
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#133 iwarboY

iwarboY

Awesomesauce.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

seems most people had their own opinion of what to expect of this game and were disappointed, instead of appreciating the game for what the game is. talk of left for dead comparisons or how the zombies should've been more agressive, or the guy in the youtube vid being cheesy spamming the up-close knifing auto feature.
If you like the show you will like the game. Personally, this title has everything i've expected in a resi title after the 1st. This game has the creepy feeling you had in resi 1 , and is a blast to play especially at night walking around with a flashlight. No, i wouldn't agree with the price of $50, but $40 does seem a decent price range.

iwarboy.png549785.png
"Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near: let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God for He will abundantly pardon" (Isa. 55:6-7). - Only one life, ’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last. - C.T. Studd

#134 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

I feel bad for the actors nice way to lower that rep... The trailers with them talking was lame. Oh well always tellie haha

Yeah but I'm sure they got paid for this and the majority of people who watch the TV show won't play this game.

I'm just glad I skipped this, all games this year have been disappointing so far even sure hits like Gears Judgement. I really hope Bioshock actually lives up to hype.

#135 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

OK the game is bad but how easier are the achievements?

lol, i forgot people still do this.

#136 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

If you like the show you will like the game.

:rofl:

#137 Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin

You have FAILED this forum!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

I've enjoyed it so far. But I wasn't expecting GOTY quality, just a nice tie-in & zombie killing fun, and that's what I've gotten. At the end of the day, haters gonna hate as they say, and the majority of those haters haven't even played the game to form their own opinion. Because if one person says they hate it, it just get's piled on. Thanks internet!

#138 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

I've enjoyed it so far. But I wasn't expecting GOTY quality, just a nice tie-in & zombie killing fun, and that's what I've gotten. At the end of the day, haters gonna hate as they say, and the majority of those haters haven't even played the game to form their own opinion. Because if one person says they hate it, it just get's piled on. Thanks internet!

Couldn't agree more!

No one ever said it was GOTY just that they enjoyed it. Flamers gonna flame.
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#139 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

"Haters gonna hate" does not apply when it's obvious the game was a cheap cashgrab and it's being universally panned by everyone and their grandma.
tl

#140 mindcycle

mindcycle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

When you drop 60 bucks on a turd you're going to try and justify doing so, even if you know deep down the game sucks donkey dong. Considering the game has a metacritic score of about 40 right now i'm going to guess this is where most people praising the game are coming from. Just a guess though.. :)

#141 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Some people just genuinely like games that aren't GOTY contenders or are universally panned.

I've said it in this thread before, but one of my favorite games is Land of the Dead and that was panned by critics. I love it for what it is. It doesn't have the best AI in the world or graphics, or plot, or voice acting, etc. but I like it better than most zombie modes I've played in stuff like CoD. This game looks very similar to Land of the Dead. That youtube video was hilarious, but at the same time, if you play almost any game enough you can find enough glitches and silly moments to make a youtube vid like that.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#142 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

lol, i forgot people still do this.

You must be kinda slow then if you forget things like this.

#143 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

Couldn't agree more!

No one ever said it was GOTY just that they enjoyed it. Flamers gonna flame.

Agreed to both Double O Slevin & WV Matsui. I bought it and have had fun with it - which is convenient since I play video games for fun. Case closed.

You must be kinda slow then if you forget things like this.

:applause:

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#144 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

looks like its dead