GameStop Ad for 3/13 - 3/19

[quote name='Psychonik']I hope all the Gamestops burn to the ground.[/QUOTE]

Yes this is a perfectly measured response.

image.php

[quote name='suwillgetu']That Bioshock Limited Edition Guide looks pretty snazzy.[/QUOTE]

I am going to spend too much on this game.

FYI, Amazon has the Bioshock Infinite CE guide for $22.85 right now. Sure, there's the risk of it being somewhat damaged during shipment, but it's an option. You could also PM the price at Best Buy (as I did for the MGR:R CE guide when it released), assuming the price holds until the release date and you can find a guide at a store.

The only thing that might interest me in this ad is the $39.99 price for Borderlands 2, in that since BBY currently has a $30 off offer for RZ members that automatically kicks in when totaling the transaction, I'm curious as to whether it would still kick in after PMing the $39.99 price, thereby resulting in the game for $9.99.

Yeah, probably not, but since it's technically not a coupon, I was hoping it'd work.

If that were to happen where would the childern go? No seriously? If the stores like gs cease to exist. The digital download age is awhiles away. Since most places cant handle all that online activity. Not to mention the prices. Is there a guarantee that prices will be less than this current gen? The bigs will have a captive audience. No need for sale prices. I love the entitlement people have. I like cheap games too but seriously people should think and not troll.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Man, how hard is it to have a b2g1??? My two stores near me have plenty of stock so I bet many here have credit.[/QUOTE]

my guess is easter weekend

Let me spend my credit first. So after the new systems come out. ;)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Man, how hard is it to have a b2g1??? My two stores near me have plenty of stock so I bet many here have credit.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they just have one this past weekend? Thought I seen a post about it.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Didn't they just have one this past weekend? Thought I seen a post about it.[/QUOTE]

It was a targeted b2g1 coupon that some people got in their power up rewards account; also some people got various other types of coupons; some got no coupon. Definitely not a chain-wide b2g1, though. Been a looooong time.

[quote name='Timenice']So all those games that have price drops the used games will be cheaper too then?[/QUOTE]Usually that tends to be the case, but it's not 100% guaranteed.

That's usually something said by a psyc...oh nevermind

He might get his wish, financially at least, if the next gen systems block out used games.

[quote name='preston181']He might get his wish, financially at least, if the next gen systems block out used games.[/QUOTE]

They dont

$39.99 must be the new MSRP on Aliens. Saw it used for $37.99 over the weekend. I see Farcry 3 is finally off sale.

This really doesn't appear to be much more than MSRP drops and some pre-order offers. The Xbox offer is kinda old too.

I think they should start some pre-owned deal of the week. There are a lot of older ems from this generation that they have a bunch of used copies of. Heavenly Sword is a good example, they had about 10 copies when I stopped in the other day. Why not have a list of maybe 5 or 10 classic PS3, 360, Wii, DS, whatever games and sell them for 25% off for one week only.

It would help get those 5-6 year old games that are fairly common for a good price and it moves stock. I know it's not popular, but I think it would be profitable because stock just collecting dust on the shelf gains less interest than the $7.49 they cold get out of a $9.99 game.

Otherwise they end up in a situation like the PS2 sell-off they had a few months ago where they had 900 copies of Gran Turismo 3 they were giving away for a dime each.

They could put those games in the ad and maybe even add the bonus trade offer games back into it. At least it would add more substance to the ad, so it takes longer than 3 seconds to dismiss it as crap.

[quote name='Dev518']The adventure time game is really short, but it's worth the price for any fan of the show.[/QUOTE]

My local Walmart has the game at $19.99 already. So if y'all want the game then many go look at a walmart first.

Did a preowned 20% off coupon get posted for March? I'm looking to buy a game instore and remembered that I was able to use one in Feb.

Does GameStop ever do giftcard sales with systems, TRU & Target both are offering $50 giftcard deals with the WiiU, I want to get 1 for my son this Easter & all my credit is at Gamestop the only place that doesnt either have a deal or doesnt price match.

[quote name='dviper2399']Does GameStop ever do giftcard sales with systems, TRU & Target both are offering $50 giftcard deals with the WiiU, I want to get 1 for my son this Easter & all my credit is at Gamestop the only place that doesnt either have a deal or doesnt price match.[/QUOTE]

No, though they did give out Kindle GCs with the purchase of a Fire over the holidays, that's the closest I've ever seen though and I imagine that was a special occasion.

I don't get what people's problem with Gamestop is.

If you don't like their practices, don't shop there. I don't like their practices either but its worth it to me to get games I want to play for

Why don't you go and ask Walmart or amazon? Let me know how that goes.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I don't get what people's problem with Gamestop is.[/QUOTE]

Sense of entitlement where people should be able to combine coupons and get a buy 2 get 1 free all the time. Also people want to trade their games and get a TIV of almost what they paid for the game. Also they want all used games to be complete and flawless.

[quote name='dviper2399']Does GameStop ever do giftcard sales with systems, TRU & Target both are offering $50 giftcard deals with the WiiU, I want to get 1 for my son this Easter & all my credit is at Gamestop the only place that doesnt either have a deal or doesnt price match.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do but very infrequently. Usually do it around a holiday, before a price drop, or when everyone else is doing it (MS pushing 360 big at retail, etc.)

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I don't shop or trade there. The following reasons are not all inclusive:

Douchebag atmosphere
Douchebags who work there
Opening brand new games and selling them as brand new
Past scams/personal history
Shit trade in values unless you're wholly uninformed
Shit game sale prices
Shit used game prices[/QUOTE]

just wondering, where do you buy your games?

Man, I'd figure the #1 reason would be that smell most of them have. Like someone crapped their pants and stuck them in a vent.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I don't shop or trade there. The following reasons are not all inclusive:

Douchebag atmosphere
Douchebags who work there
Opening brand new games and selling them as brand new
Past scams/personal history
Shit trade in values unless you're wholly uninformed
Shit game sale prices
Shit used game prices[/QUOTE]

Max Payne CE = $20 at GameStop or $1.99 brand new 360 games. Runs to store he hates so much.

[quote name='mitch079']Man, I'd figure the #1 reason would be that smell most of them have. Like someone crapped their pants and stuck them in a vent.[/QUOTE]

I think you are talking about Walmart

[quote name='oasisboy']I think you are talking about Walmart[/QUOTE]

Nah, some of the people there have shit themselves though, as evidenced on peopleofwalmart.com.

The "stores of the future" that GameStop has been opening look very nice. I know there are some in Dallas, Denver and Palo Alto. Not your typical mall store.

[quote name='oasisboy']The "stores of the future" that GameStop has been opening look very nice. I know there are some in Dallas, Denver and Palo Alto. Not your typical mall store.[/QUOTE]

People in those cities are lucky. My mall opened a GameStop Kids right next door to the GS. I went in once just to see what was there. Mostly game-related toys and action figures and kids'-size T-shirts, plus a few kiddie games, mostly crappy ones. Dude behind the counter looked please-kill-me bored. I went back a few weeks later and the space was vacant again. Apparently it was not the smashing commercial success GS thought it would be.

[quote name='morrodox']People in those cities are lucky. My mall opened a GameStop Kids right next door to the GS. I went in once just to see what was there. Mostly game-related toys and action figures and kids'-size T-shirts, plus a few kiddie games, mostly crappy ones. Dude behind the counter looked please-kill-me bored. I went back a few weeks later and the space was vacant again. Apparently it was not the smashing commercial success GS thought it would be.[/QUOTE]

it was open only during holiday.

[quote name='morrodox']People in those cities are lucky. My mall opened a GameStop Kids right next door to the GS. I went in once just to see what was there. Mostly game-related toys and action figures and kids'-size T-shirts, plus a few kiddie games, mostly crappy ones. Dude behind the counter looked please-kill-me bored. I went back a few weeks later and the space was vacant again. Apparently it was not the smashing commercial success GS thought it would be.[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop Kids stores were never meant to be open long-term. They were only pop-up stores similar to what TRU has been doing in malls for the last several years during the holidays.

[quote name='CaoPi']weekly fail.....[/QUOTE]

Keeps repeating itself. I got a $25 gift card for Xmas and still have yet to use it because every week they are outdone by just about everyone else.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Keeps repeating itself. I got a $25 gift card for Xmas and still have yet to use it because every week they are outdone by just about everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Where have you been? God of War collection was $19.99. There were some new 360 games for $1.99, a big pile of gamecube games for a couple of bucks, Ninja Blade for $5. Max Payne 3 CE for $20 , Mass Effect 3 CE for $20 and so on. :roll:

Try to find those deals somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back