Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

http://www.gamestop....13/default.aspx

Halo 4 $39.99
Adventure Time $19.99

Another boring week

#2 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

That Bioshock Limited Edition Guide looks pretty snazzy.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#3 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

That Bioshock Limited Edition Guide looks pretty snazzy.

I am going to spend too much on this game.

#4 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

FYI, Amazon has the Bioshock Infinite CE guide for $22.85 right now. Sure, there's the risk of it being somewhat damaged during shipment, but it's an option. You could also PM the price at Best Buy (as I did for the MGR:R CE guide when it released), assuming the price holds until the release date and you can find a guide at a store.

The only thing that might interest me in this ad is the $39.99 price for Borderlands 2, in that since BBY currently has a $30 off offer for RZ members that automatically kicks in when totaling the transaction, I'm curious as to whether it would still kick in after PMing the $39.99 price, thereby resulting in the game for $9.99.

Yeah, probably not, but since it's technically not a coupon, I was hoping it'd work.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Man, how hard is it to have a b2g1??? My two stores near me have plenty of stock so I bet many here have credit.

Didn't they just have one this past weekend? Thought I seen a post about it.

#6 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

Didn't they just have one this past weekend? Thought I seen a post about it.

It was a targeted b2g1 coupon that some people got in their power up rewards account; also some people got various other types of coupons; some got no coupon. Definitely not a chain-wide b2g1, though. Been a looooong time.

#7 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

So all those games that have price drops the used games will be cheaper too then?

#8 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

So all those games that have price drops the used games will be cheaper too then?

Usually that tends to be the case, but it's not 100% guaranteed.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#9 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

$39.99 must be the new MSRP on Aliens. Saw it used for $37.99 over the weekend. I see Farcry 3 is finally off sale.

This really doesn't appear to be much more than MSRP drops and some pre-order offers. The Xbox offer is kinda old too.

I think they should start some pre-owned deal of the week. There are a lot of older ems from this generation that they have a bunch of used copies of. Heavenly Sword is a good example, they had about 10 copies when I stopped in the other day. Why not have a list of maybe 5 or 10 classic PS3, 360, Wii, DS, whatever games and sell them for 25% off for one week only.

It would help get those 5-6 year old games that are fairly common for a good price and it moves stock. I know it's not popular, but I think it would be profitable because stock just collecting dust on the shelf gains less interest than the $7.49 they cold get out of a $9.99 game.

Otherwise they end up in a situation like the PS2 sell-off they had a few months ago where they had 900 copies of Gran Turismo 3 they were giving away for a dime each.

They could put those games in the ad and maybe even add the bonus trade offer games back into it. At least it would add more substance to the ad, so it takes longer than 3 seconds to dismiss it as crap.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#10 Varuth

Varuth

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

The adventure time game is really short, but it's worth the price for any fan of the show.

My local Walmart has the game at $19.99 already. So if y'all want the game then many go look at a walmart first.

#11 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Did a preowned 20% off coupon get posted for March? I'm looking to buy a game instore and remembered that I was able to use one in Feb.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#12 dviper2399

dviper2399

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Does GameStop ever do giftcard sales with systems, TRU & Target both are offering $50 giftcard deals with the WiiU, I want to get 1 for my son this Easter & all my credit is at Gamestop the only place that doesnt either have a deal or doesnt price match.

#13 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Does GameStop ever do giftcard sales with systems, TRU & Target both are offering $50 giftcard deals with the WiiU, I want to get 1 for my son this Easter & all my credit is at Gamestop the only place that doesnt either have a deal or doesnt price match.

No, though they did give out Kindle GCs with the purchase of a Fire over the holidays, that's the closest I've ever seen though and I imagine that was a special occasion.

#14 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Yes they do but very infrequently. Usually do it around a holiday, before a price drop, or when everyone else is doing it (MS pushing 360 big at retail, etc.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#15 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Aliens is finally down to $40 thats my buy price woo go gamestop!!!

#16 JMClarkent

JMClarkent

I Cheap what I Sow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Aliens is finally down to $40 thats my buy price woo go gamestop!!!

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=aliens

Used - VG @ the Amazon Warehouse for $27.xx!
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill"...

#17 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Keeps repeating itself. I got a $25 gift card for Xmas and still have yet to use it because every week they are outdone by just about everyone else.

I was the same way, but had over $100 credit, I got the 25% off used game coupon last weekend and burned it all on used stuff.

It was cool because the guy at the store asked where it came from, checked his account and he had the b2g1 coupon in his.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty