- - - - -

Tomb Raider

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

lolwhat

Edited by lolwhat, 31 August 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#2 EchoedTruth

EchoedTruth

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Great review. Insightful, detailed, and well-written. Thanks!

#3 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

glad to see so many positive reviews, I'm really looking forward to picking this one up. Does seem a bit odd to give a perfect score if one part of the game, the multiplayer, is rather lousy, but I suppose the other parts make up for it, and it is your review after all:)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

I think that Ico and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time are prime examples of games that proved the importance of movement and animation in these types of games. We tend to take that for granted these days.

#5 nevergonnagive2

nevergonnagive2

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

Multiplayer isn't too bad. It feels like a slower paced Gears of War type system and I enjoy playing it once in a while...

#6 realme

realme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

I didn't like multiplayer. But single.... It's amazing!

#7 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

thanks for the well written review :)
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#8 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

I gotta agree, this game is really good. I am a fan of the series, an Legend got it back to being good, but this one...WOW...

I just finished it last night. It feels intense and from the very first scene, it is a very good game. I really got into it and didn't want to stop.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#9 skyfall

skyfall

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

I loved this game. I kinda get why it got low reviews on some sites. She was a bit super human at times but still a fun ass game

#10 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for the review, I've definitely been eyeing this one for a few weeks now.

I'm really enjoying your reviews by the way, keep up the good work.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#11 HICAG

HICAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the review! Gets me amped to play it. I have this game in the backlog and planning on finishing this by atleast BF.

Amor est mihi causa sequendi!

Wolf: I understand your attempts at humor.
I simply do not find them entertaining.

tumblr_m7kv8iXxpy1r0lc86o1_500.gif

#12 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

It's a good review,but I don't understand the perfect score with the terrible multiplayer. Yeah it was developed outside of Crystal Dynamics by Eidos Montreal,but it's still part of the game,so it should be taken into consideration when scoring it the game as a whole.

#13 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

That's an approach I've always disagreed strongly with. If a game comes with separate components, I'd rather that the better one reflect its official score, since you're in fact getting that game in the package. There is no obligation to play multiplayer in Tomb Raider, in fact, its mere existence is just a bonus when you look at it that way.  It's there if you want to try it, but it has no relevance to the single player. "Scoring the game as a whole" just doesn't make sense when, as a whole,  there are literally 2 games on the same disc that are completely unrelated, one being a million times better than the other. If they were intertwined, then things would be different. Few games do that sort of thing, though.

I mean, what's your favorite game of all time? Imagine it had some bullshit tacked onto it, like adding Horse Racing Mode to Ocarina of Time. So, now your originally 10/10 review is notched down to a 9.5? That's just a petty, confusing, and absurd practice, in my mind.