The 2013-14 NFL Thread

• Please log in to reply
2436 replies to this topic

#451 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Man, they should've kept Tebow. The Jets could've sustained a 24/7 news channel fueled solely on their QB woes.

#452 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

If I weren't already rooting for his NFL career to crash and burn, I certainly am now.

I couldn't really explain it but I was rooting for him to hit the second round or later. I'm right there with you.

I do believe the agent needed to be fired though. If he was dumb enough to let him think he should've been the #1 overall pick, got what was coming to him.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#453 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Ravens resign McKinnie to a 2-year deal. He is not the best LT, but he is a good stopgap and keeps KO at Guard.

#454 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Fuck, Ed Reed had arthroscopic surgery on his hip last week and even though they're expecting him to be ready for training camp, I'm not as optimistic. I just hope they let the old man take his time getting back on the field. We don't need him right away and I'm interested in seeing how the hard-hitting safety we got in the draft, DJ Swearinger, can do.

#455 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Fuck, Ed Reed had arthroscopic surgery on his hip last week and even though they're expecting him to be ready for training camp, I'm not as optimistic. I just hope they let the old man take his time getting back on the field. We don't need him right away and I'm interested in seeing how the hard-hitting safety we got in the draft, DJ Swearinger, can do.

Swearinger is legit.

#456 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

no to tebow. dont need the circus created by his fans.

It's the media that makes it a circus, they are the ones airing anything and everything about Tebow. They know it's either gonna get people talking and create stupid controversies.

Tebows just a guy with stupid fans, but even he shouldn't have to deal with the Jets horrible organization. Hell, I even feel sorry for Tebow for being part of the Jets LOL
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#457 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

It's ESPN that makes it a circus, they are the ones airing anything and everything about Tebow.

Fixed. They actually had full-on analysis and discussion about Tebow for 11 minutes before even mentioning the Jason Collins story. If only everyone had the same response that Liam Neeson did.

#458 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

Very true. Case in point, they reported about two guys that ended up both being second rounders exponentially more than the guys that actually went #1 and #2 overall. They hype what they what to hype until somebody believes that hype.

#459 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Tebow is a horrible football player. Nobody will win a championship with him at QB.

#460 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Tebow is a horrible football player. Nobody will win a championship with him at QB.

Still makes no sense to me that the Jets didn't give him one start or that Jacksonville won't sign him and play him. They are still years away from being good, and he would actually sell tickets for them, something they desperately need. I understand two seasons ago when he led Denver to the playoffs where they won a game he had some minor miracles happen on the field, but for everyone to discount wholly what he accomplished isn't fair IMO.

#461 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I am not sure why Jacksonville would sign him. They are still seeing if Gabbhart is worth it or not. Maybe they don't want him? Just because the media\fans want some hometown hero story line doesn't mean it makes sense.

#462 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Except that Tebow is better than Blaine Gabbert.

Jacksonville just doesn't want ESPN down there filming him 24/7.

#463 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

I am not sure why Jacksonville would sign him. They are still seeing if Gabbhart is worth it or not. Maybe they don't want him? Just because the media\fans want some hometown hero story line doesn't mean it makes sense.

But in the end there's still a business end to the NFL and they need to sell tickets. Not saying it would work but why not try it.

#464 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

But in the end there's still a business end to the NFL and they need to sell tickets. Not saying it would work but why not try it.

It would crumble any growth that they think Gabbhart could go through.

#465 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

The dates and times for preseason games has been announced.

It all starts off at the annual HOF game with the Dolphins against the Cowboys.

#466 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

And another Seahawk gets banned for four games. Man Pete Carroll is a coach that always makes sure his teams and players have wonderful character.

#467 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

I may make the drive from WV to Ohio to see the hall of fame game, since I am a Cowboys fan. It should be fun.

#468 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Dwight Freeney has agreed to a 2-year, $8.75M deal with the Chargers.

#469 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

Preseason games are never fun.

#470 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Josh Cribbs signed with the Raiders, so I hope that goes well for him.

#471 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...oakland-raiders

Raiders sign Charles Woodson.

Nice to see him end his career back with them, and if he can stay healthy he should help improve what was a terrible secondary last year.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#472 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

Kind of amazing McKenzie has actually managed to assemble a halfway decent club with their cap situation.

#473 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

I saw that Rolando McClain decided to just retire at the ripe old age of 23 after his most recent incident after signing with the Ravens. It's always a shame to see players throw away their potential because they're idiots, like Titus Young, while somebody like Tim Tebow does nothing wrong and can't get a whiff at a job.

#474 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Being a good person doesn't help you throw a football at an NFL level. Tebow sucks. That's why he can't get a job.

#475 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Being a good person doesn't help you throw a football at an NFL level. Tebow sucks. That's why he can't get a job.

It is more that teams don't want ESPN following him like a lovesick puppy. John Skipper ruined Tebow's career far worse than his talent has.

#476 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Yeah, espn killed tebow not his skill level. You don't win a high school championship, NCAA championship, and take a team with a losing record to the playoffs without skill. He may not have the same skill set as Peyton manning or Aaron Rodgers but he got his team just as far as they did the past two years.

#477 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Not really. He's a versatile player with a winning record in this league. The only problem he's had is that he was traded to a team run by a coach that despised him.

#478 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Not really. He's a versatile player with a winning record in this league. The only problem he's had is that he was traded to a team run by a coach that despised him.

It isn't that Rex despised Tebow, he just didn't want to be proven wrong and give up on Sanchez. ESPN literally telling its staff "you can't talk too much Tebow" didn't help.

Most people wish they were like >Liam Neeson

#479 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Yeah, he hated Tebow so much that he didn't want to give him any opportunity to succeed, which is why he never got a turn on the QB carousel during the second half of the year. They were fucked at that point, so a normal coach would've given him a shot because there would be nothing to lose.

#480 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Brian Urlacher has called it a day and will retire as a Bear.

Hall of Famer?