• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

lol @ Pats not paying Welker but will turn around and drop 31mil on Amendola

#92 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Also heard they might make a run at Pollard...

Yeah...Bill Belichick...in his truck...in the parking lot.

#93 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

For some light fun, here is one take on the http://espn.go.com/b...ers-and-losers'>winners and losers of free agency so far.

For a more serious take, here is a look at the http://www.grantland...fl-free-agency'>dumbest day of the NFL league year.

#94 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Welker for 2 years for $6 million each year? What a steal.

New England could have made that offer.

Congrats to Denver fans. Good deal.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#95 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Yeah...Bill Belichick...in his truck...in the parking lot.

That's what I was thinking, that or the ProFootballMock idea: http://profootballmo...ings-vasectomy/

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#96 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

That's what I was thinking, that or the ProFootballMock idea: http://profootballmo...ings-vasectomy/

LMAO, That article is gold, specially about Welker parents lol
Posted Image

#97 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

Laurent Robinson got cut by the Jags. I wouldn't mind seeing him return to the Cowboys. Robinson and Romo had incredible chemistry when he was here, and he did a good job filling in for Austin when he was hurt.

I really hope this doesn't happen. :( I've heard talk of him being in very bad shape health wise.

#98 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

lol @ Pats not paying Welker but will turn around and drop 31mil on Amendola

Why? He's basically Wes Welker light and can equal his stats if healthy. He also can play outside much better.

#99 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Why? He's basically Wes Welker light and can equal his stats if healthy. He also can play outside much better.

Not to mention he's 4 years younger...

#100 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Not to mention he's 4 years younger...

The key is him staying healthy though. He has had freak injuries.

#101 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

The key is him staying healthy though. He has had freak injuries.

But nothing that would shorten his career. Dude is legit. Most of his "freak" injuries were just odd occurrences. He should be alright going forward. If not, oh well, it's the Pats. They'll survive.

#102 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

He also won't be playing in a dome.

#103 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

What's the sayin? It's better to let a guy go one year early than one year too late? I know that usually applies to trades but same thing could be said here. Welker is going to thrive in Denver but I think the Pats won't miss a beat. They are always one step ahead of the league.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#104 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

All I know is the Broncos win if they cut Joe Mays, none of these other moves matter
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#105 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Revis to Tampa talks seem to be quieting as NYJ want the Bucs' 13th Overall pick in this year's draft. Tampa is saying no way, but apparently they are open to trading the 2014 1st round pick. NYJ either aren't interested in that or there are other factors that are clogging the deal from going through.

As a Bucs fan, I would prefer not to see Revis in Tampa. Just seems like trouble waiting to happen. If he was whiny in NY, what's to say he won't be whiny in a small market like Tampa? Unless of course, they are winning... and in the NFC South... that's going to be tough.

The DB pool is pretty deep in free agency this year, so I think Tampa could just sign someone like Winfield or Asomugha and be just as well off for the time being. Eric Wright is rumored to be released after being a total bust of a signing (which I also thought "WTF" about when that happened), so really, almost any "name brand" veteran would be a welcome addition in Tampa... unfortunately, that's Revis included.

On a side note, I had no idea Laron Landry was available in free agency. I would have preferred to see him in a Tampa Bay uniform than Goldson, but eh.. I'm not running the team. lol

#106 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Chiefs have cut Matt Cassel.

#107 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

....and surprised no one in doing so.

#108 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well, at least Ryan Fitzpatrick now has a buddy to share his stories of "Remember when people actually thought we were good and we conned teams out of millions of dollars?" with. So, that's nice.

#109 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Jets fans wish Mark Sanchez would join that club.

#110 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Pats may sign Cassel. Bills are also a "duh" destination.

#111 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Pats may sign Cassel. Bills are also a "duh" destination.

I just can't even fathom what Buffalo would think Cassel brings to the table that is anything different than what they already had. Everything I've read says they're drafting Geno Smith. Unless they get Cassel for half a Snickers bar...I don't see the point.

#112 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Cassel gets a worse rap than he deserves. He's not a great quarterback, but he can make things happen when his line doesn't blow blocks and his receivers get open and actually catch balls. People gave him a lot of crap, especially this year, but fail to realize that he never had time in the pocket and the receivers dropped a LOT of catchable balls. I think I counted 3 or 4 balls in one game that were interceptions that hit the receiver dead center in the hands that they just let bounce off of them.

Yes, he's not super accurate and he doesn't scramble when he needs to, but he is a solid backup quarterback as long as you have a half decent offense. Unfortunately, other than Bowe and Charles, the Chiefs don't have much of an offense.

#113 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Cassel has 2 seasons that make anything Ryan Fitzpatrick has ever done look like Ryan Leaf's career.

#114 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Ed Reed has just arrived in Houston. If the Texans can manage to sign him, they hands down have one of, if not THE best secondary in the NFL. The Texans front office aren't prone to making ridiculous offers, so I'm fine even if he's a rental as long as he's not getting paid a ludicrous amount of money.

If we manage to snag Reed, all we need is Brian Cushing to get healthy, another decent WR to line up opposite Andre, and some all around depth and I'll be a very happy man :D

EDIT: And rumor is that if Reed doesn't make Houston his new home, next stop is SF.

#115 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image

That is all...

#116 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Yeah Matt Cassel isn't good but not as horrific as people make him out to be. Again, it comes down to coaching and he had no one who knew what they were ever doing in KC.

As far as Buffalo goes, they are fucked either way. Geno Smith? Good luck with that, he is a bust clear as day as I've ever seen. They are truly a much worse franchise than the Jets it isn't even funny.

Feel bad for the Bills fans who get to hear Geno's name called next month and then have another rebuild to go through 3 years from now.

Ed Reed wants $6million a year, he shouldn't even waste the time visiting San Fran if that's the case.

EDIT: Cassel signs with the Vikings.

Edited by DestroVega, 14 March 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#117 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Steven Jackson is now signed with the Falcons.

#118 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

As far as Buffalo goes, they are fucked either way. Geno Smith? Good luck with that, he is a bust clear as day as I've ever seen.

I'm biased as a die hard WVU fan, but I think Geno can be a very good pro QB. That said, I think he really needs to go some where he can learn behind a veteran for a couple of years. He's not a Luck or RGIII or Russel Wilson who can play well day one.

He needs to learn more about making reads quickly and work on being more consistent as he's spot on accurate most of the time, but still had 2-3 sub par games where he was missing open receivers left and right. But otherwise, he's generally very accurate, doesn't throw a lot of picks and can make all the throws. Also has decent mobility (had the fastest 40 time among QBs at the combine) for a pocket passer. He just didn't run a lot due to the system and having broken his foot a couple times his freshman and sophomore years.

#119 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Fuck! Looks like Connor Barwin and the Eagles are close to making a deal.

EDIT: And now it's official.

#120 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Tampa Bay signs WR Kevin Ogletree

Also Tampa Bay releases LB Quincy Black who failed his physical :(