The 2013-14 NFL Thread

• Please log in to reply
2443 replies to this topic

#121 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Josh Cribbs to Arizona, Cassell to Minnesota.

#122 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

EDIT: Cassel signs with the Vikings.

Well, I doubt that means he's a starter (yet) but it certainly means Joe Webb goes back to 3rd string...

#123 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

KR/HB Leon Washington to New England. The rich get richer.

#124 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Ed Reed has just arrived in Houston. If the Texans can manage to sign him, they hands down have one of, if not THE best secondary in the NFL. The Texans front office aren't prone to making ridiculous offers, so I'm fine even if he's a rental as long as he's not getting paid a ludicrous amount of money.

If we manage to snag Reed, all we need is Brian Cushing to get healthy, another decent WR to line up opposite Andre, and some all around depth and I'll be a very happy man :D

EDIT: And rumor is that if Reed doesn't make Houston his new home, next stop is SF.

While I would love for Reed to remain a Raven, his skills have eroded a lot. His coverage skills are relatively average, he has a hard time tackling, and he lives and dies by the INT.

#125 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

While I would love for Reed to remain a Raven, his skills have eroded a lot. His coverage skills are relatively average, he has a hard time tackling, and he lives and dies by the INT.

He's still an upgrade over the safety that just left the Texans, Glover Quin. I think he'll be very complementary opposite Danieal Manning.

#126 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Got the Ravens Super Bowl Blu-ray in and there is an ad saying the game telecasts of the Ravens playoff wins (their "Greatest Games" series) is coming out in June.

I am curious what they are going to do about the Denver game on DVD.

#127 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Jake Long left St. Louis without a contract. It now becomes an interesting situation.

Kevin Kolb released after not agreeing to restructure. Here's a cute fact:

@evansilva: #Eagles emerged from 2011 Kolb trade with Brandon Boykin/Vinny Curry/DRC. #Cardinals emerged with QB mess & paid Kolb $20.5M per @caplannfl.

#128 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Looks like a deal with Ed Reed isn't happening today. He left Texans HQ already.

#129 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Unless Josh Cribbs is running from Ohio to Arizona to sign the deal with them, he still hasn't signed a deal with anybody yet. The only news of the deal that I see is based on a source from a Cleveland Plain Dealer article that has yet to be confirmed by the AP like every other signing I've seen on Yahoo's article listings. Josh has even posted goodbyes on his Twitter account like it's confirmed, but this was supposedly finalized two days ago. Something's going on, or not going on, there.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#130 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

The Bucs have traded WR Arrelious Benn & a 2013 7th round pick to Philadelphia for a 2013 6th round pick & a conditional 2014 pick.

#131 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'm sad that Steven Jackson is no longer a Ram, but I don't blame him in the slightest. Hopefully he's able to go to the playoffs for the first time since his rookie year. He definitely deserves it.
Posted Image

#132 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Even though both parties verbally agreed to a deal to reduce his pay, Elvis Dumervil was cut by the Broncos because a fax wasn't received in time.

#133 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Kids today with their loud music, hula hoops and fax machines...

Seriously though, all these technological advances and we're still using fucking fax machines?
Posted Image

#134 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hospitals/insurance agencies live and die by fax capabilities and it causes nothing but problems for the IT staffs that work with those groups as we are constantly having to find ways of emulating a piece of shit method of communication that should've died out a long time ago. Rant done.

Read through that entire article about Dumervil and I'd be firing my agent.

On the Reed stuff, I just wish it would be over with. I want him back in Baltimore but it seems the team is waiting on some pick ups until they see what Ed does or demands.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#135 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hoping Tampa makes a power play for Dumervil. They need some defensive line help like crazy.

Tampa also won the grievance with Eric Wright, who is likely to be released pending any DB signings.

#136 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Ravens just signed Marcus Spears.

#137 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Vikings sign WR Greg Jennings, keeping the trend of taking Green Bay's sloppy seconds.

#138 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Greg Jennings contract was 5 years 45 million with 18 million guaranteed (essentially a 2 years 18 million dollar a year contract)...aka 1 million more than the packers offered him, which would have allowed him to stay with a All Pro qb and a receiver corps that makes him look better than he would on his own. good luck in minnesota, can't wait to see clay level you when you try to do your dance in the middle next season.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#139 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

An extra mil a year doesn't exactly sweeten the pot when you go from catching throws from Rodgers to catching them from either Ponder, Webb or Cassel.
Posted Image

#140 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

thats what I'm saying, it makes no sense to me. having a chance at being on a legit playoff team (if they fix that D) or playing on a team that might not even make the playoffs and don't know who their starting QB is...

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#141 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Money talks. No matter who you are, one million dollars is a lot of dough.

#142 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

Money talks. No matter who you are, one million dollars is a lot of dough.

This is also probably the last big contract he'll see for the rest of his career. I understand why he wanted to get as much as he could.

#143 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

I don't know what's more soul crushing to realize: that difference between the offers is roughly 20 years worth of my current salary or that Jennings will make over 300 years worth of my current salary...in 2 years...to football.

#144 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Patriots re-sign Aqib Talib, Kyle Arrington and Adrian Wilson but release Brandon Lloyd.

Jake Long signs with the Rams.

Maualuga gets a new deal with the Bengals.

Oh and like we all saw coming, Elvis Dumervil has fired his agent.

EDIT: And I've heard that Chad Johnson has been in town and might be working out for the Texans. All I have to say is please, for the love of god, do not sign Ochocinco. He's getting old, I don't like his ego/attitude, and I don't think he's a good match-up with Andre Johnson.

Edited by PimpLimp, 18 March 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#145 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Titans have released Matt Hasselbeck. Did they sign another QB this off season? Cause I don't think Jake Locker is the answer.

#146 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

I think Houston signing Chad Johnson would be fine as long as he accepted the league minimum. He could be a good #3 wideout on a team that needs more reliable players in the passing attack.

#147 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

I think Houston signing Chad Johnson would be fine as long as he accepted the league minimum. He could be a good #3 wideout on a team that needs more reliable players in the passing attack.

Lets be honest, I know he played in 2011 but he didn't really play in 2011. Hasn't been a factor on a football field in 3 years coming into this season. No reason for him to ever make another roster.

#148 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Chad Johnson just needs to retire after his attempts to make it with another team after his failure with the Patriots.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#149 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Ravens might be forced to open on the road. September 5th the Orioles are at home playing the White Sox. Goodell is trying to negotiate with Bud Selig to move the O's game to the afternoon.

#150 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

NFL knows it needs to pay to get MLB to move the game if they want a Thursday home opener.