The 2013-14 NFL Thread

• Please log in to reply
2443 replies to this topic

#2431 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

I can see CJ ending up a Patriot, Jaguar or Brown.

ESPN Insider thinks he'll be a Viking, as well. Could be a nice dual threat if CJ actually tries to run this year.

Why? The Browns got the RB they wanted (Tate) and if they want another, they'll get one in the draft that's cheaper since they have a ton of picks to make.

#2432 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

Why? The Browns got the RB they wanted (Tate) and if they want another, they'll get one in the draft that's cheaper since they have a ton of picks to make.

Because he's the only RB (that I'm aware of) that's on the Browns' roster, and pickings are getting slim. Ben Tate isn't built to last, and I could see Cleveland doing something like trying to sign CJ (if the price is right). There's been a bunch of head scratching moves this offseason, and stranger things have happened.

MLIFTgM.gif

#2433 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

If a decision seems like a really stupid and/or puzzling move, expect the Browns to make it.

#2434 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Because he's the only RB (that I'm aware of) that's on the Browns' roster, and pickings are getting slim. Ben Tate isn't built to last, and I could see Cleveland doing something like trying to sign CJ (if the price is right). There's been a bunch of head scratching moves this offseason, and stranger things have happened.

If a decision seems like a really stupid and/or puzzling move, expect the Browns to make it.

They've also got Dion Lewis (out last season), Chris Ogbannaya (FB/RB), and Edwin Baker as far as the other backs worth keeping around for training camp/pre-season. Dion Lewis is the guy right now to take the back-up/two-back spot, since he was supposed to fill that role last season with Trent, with his speed to compliment the power game of Ben Tate. They have no reason to pay big money for another big back that won't be the #1 guy, especially one that probably doesn't want to be second fiddle to anybody.

I haven't seen any head-scratching moves that they've made in free-agency, as most of the dumb moves you guys have been hyping up in here never happened. That shows how much you guys know about what they'll do.

#2435 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

First Kaepernick is being investigated for sexual assault, and now Aldon Smith just got arrested (again!) for being drunk and yelling "bomb" in an airport. The Niners are becoming the Bengals of the west.

#2436 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:29 AM

Reading about the Kaepernick nonsense this comment couldn't have been more true:

"After all the investigating, "The police say it's too early to determine whether a crime was committed"

But did that little part stop all the ignoramus here from disparaging a man that the police haven't even charged for a crime or a crime that the police say they don't know if any crime happened?

Noooooo, string him up now and let's discover that he didn't do anything wrong later. You all are poor excuses for human beings"

#2437 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

I'm a 49er fan but it seems to me Kaepernick didn't do anything wrong.

Aldon Smith on the other hand is a legit psychopath. He honestly has HOF talent but might derail his career if he doesn't basically keep himself clean from this moment forward.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#2438 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

If the Browns get it together, they've got a really nice stretch after their early bye with the Titans, Steelers, Jaguars, Raiders, Bucs, Bengals, Texans, Falcons, and Bills in the middle of the season where they could make some noise. The early bye and away game at the Steelers to open the season are the surprises of the schedule.

#2439 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

Ravens have a horrid early schedule. Cinci then Pittsburgh then Cleveland right off the bat (with Pittsburgh a Thursday nighter to boot), then 4 out of 5 games on the road, and 5 out of 6 division games done by Week 9. If the Ravens reach their bye at 6-4 or better, they might have a shot.

#2440 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:28 AM

Ravens have a horrid early schedule. Cinci then Pittsburgh then Cleveland right off the bat (with Pittsburgh a Thursday nighter to boot), then 4 out of 5 games on the road, and 5 out of 6 division games done by Week 9. If the Ravens reach their bye at 6-4 or better, they might have a shot.

That was my thoughts. I'm looking forward to the Colts/Ravens game so I can see the game in person. My brother and I will be getting seats as close to the field as possible.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2441 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:22 AM

Ravens definitely got a bad deal with that early schedule, tough break :D

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#2442 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

Curious which games to avoid each week of the upcoming season? Here's a guide - http://www.sportspic...14-nfl-schedule

Warning: There are a lot of Browns games. Tread carefully.

#2443 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

I'd say my favorite one is week 16. Good stuff.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2444 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

LMAO...I love Bernard Pollard. Direct quote...his assessment of the Titans.

“We have been a team where we have sucked butt. And I’m just being perfectly honest with you. We have sucked butt, and it’s time for us to turn that corner.

I, for one, am tired of the butt sucking. And I would approve of sucking less butt.