Club Nintendo Rewards- Kid Icarus 3D, Mario Tennis, Super PunchOut

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Kaijuboy

Kaijuboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

First month ever that I bought ALL of the featured games! :)

Time to rebuild my coin balance! @_@`

Saving the World, One Game at a Time!

#32 scol

scol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Super Punch Out! Ah memories. I had a blast destroying the Bruiser bros back in the day. Was fun figuring out the patterns and timing and beating my best times and such.. of course this was before YouTube so was a ton of trial and error.

Might pick up for the nostalgia.

Kid Icarus is somewhat tempting too, but all my memories of that game consist of being turned into an eggplant and the death music and I'm Finished screen. LOL

#33 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm still sore that I missed out on Majora's Mask for lack of points. D:

Debating on whether or not I should grab something or wait until next month. lol

#34 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Super Punch Out! Ah memories. I had a blast destroying the Bruiser bros back in the day. Was fun figuring out the patterns and timing and beating my best times and such.. of course this was before YouTube so was a ton of trial and error.

Might pick up for the nostalgia.

Kid Icarus is somewhat tempting too, but all my memories of that game consist of being turned into an eggplant and the death music and I'm Finished screen. LOL

Oh yes, I had a blast trying to best my times back in the day. I would be all over this deal if I hadn't already bought it on Virtual Console the day it came out.

By the way, all 16 fighters have not only strategies and patterns, but they also each have built in "trick" strategies that can let you win incredibly fast (like in a matter of seconds). Fun Easter eggs to find.

#35 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Thanks, OP. I had enough unused points for Kid Icarus.

#36 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'm still sore that I missed out on Majora's Mask for lack of points. D:

Debating on whether or not I should grab something or wait until next month. lol

Ooh majoras mask, when was this? How many coins? Id definitely be interested in picking it up and selling my zelda CE I have.

#37 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

last club year

#38 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

I always end up flip-flopping on these things, last time it was Paper Mario and I ended up forgetting about it. Wish I could just give them an actual 150 coins and be done with it. :lol:

#39 smacd101

smacd101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

I always end up flip-flopping on these things, last time it was Paper Mario and I ended up forgetting about it. Wish I could just give them an actual 150 coins and be done with it. :lol:

You can. Give Nintendo 150 dimes and you can have Paper Mario.

#40 smacd101

smacd101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Man, I loved Mario Tennis so much on the N64, but not sure I should use my coins this way. I just bought Paper Mario last month, so I'm hesitent to spend them before I can earn them back...

#41 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Man, I loved Mario Tennis so much on the N64, but not sure I should use my coins this way. I just bought Paper Mario last month, so I'm hesitent to spend them before I can earn them back...

Mario Tennis is Mario Tennis, great game.. get it!

#42 dazed6201

dazed6201

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Love Super Punch-Out!! I have Fight Night Round 2 for GameCube and it is included on the disc. You can play as Little Mac in Fight Night if you beat Super Punch-Out!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8aoyisT01MI

#43 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Holy Crap that Little Mac character model is the thing of nightmares.

oIi9lub.png

#44 J7.

J7.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Mario Tennis or Super Punchout? Does anyone have an opinion on which is better?

Big toss up.
Super Punch Out vs Mario Tennis:
- Super Punch Out slightly better than Mario Tennis, though highly debatable
- SPO slightly more expensive than Mario Tennis if you bought the cartridges (few dollars difference on Amazon & Ebay)
- SPO battery in cartridge nearly 6 years older than Mario Tennis battery
- SPO slightly less expensive on Virtual Console $8 vs $10 for Mario Tennis

So...
- if you want both games on VC use your Club Points on Mario Tennnis, buy SPO on VC.
- If you want only one game on VC buy whichever you prefer to play.
- If you're going to buy 1 game on VC and 1 on Cart that's where all the variables become important. I would go with SPO on VC and Mario Tennis on Cart due to MT's younger save battery age, costing less than SPO on Cart, and being more expensive on VC.

#45 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

Any clue if Nintendo hinted at the Gold Nunchuk making another return? I finally have the points for it and I'm going to hate myself if I buy something and they announce they're bringing it back again.

Sorry. After a second reprint there is an incredibly slim chance of it coming back.

#46 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

I never use my coins on digital. I'm sitting on 950 in one account and 400 in my sisters. I'll just wait till the next gold nunchuck of prizes comes out. I do have 20$ in wii points that I bought from a thrift for 3.99 so I'm good there if I really want something.

#47 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Big toss up.
Super Punch Out vs Mario Tennis:
- Super Punch Out slightly better than Mario Tennis, though highly debatable
- SPO slightly more expensive than Mario Tennis if you bought the cartridges (few dollars difference on Amazon & Ebay)
- SPO battery in cartridge nearly 6 years older than Mario Tennis battery
- SPO slightly less expensive on Virtual Console $8 vs $10 for Mario Tennis

So...
- if you want both games on VC use your Club Points on Mario Tennnis, buy SPO on VC.
- If you want only one game on VC buy whichever you prefer to play.
- If you're going to buy 1 game on VC and 1 on Cart that's where all the variables become important. I would go with SPO on VC and Mario Tennis on Cart due to MT's younger save battery age, costing less than SPO on Cart, and being more expensive on VC.

Also if this matters, Fight Night Round 2 for Gamecube has a full, original copy of Super Punch-Out on the disc playable from the start, so if you're wanting to go a cheaper route for a copy of SPO that is an idea.

#48 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Sorry. After a second reprint there is an incredibly slim chance of it coming back.

Yeah I figured. :cry: It happened both times they brought it back. I had enough points then I spent it it and days later they announced it was coming in stock or showed up.

I don't want Mario Tennis that badly so I'll just hang on to my points for now.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#49 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

I never use my coins on digital. I'm sitting on 950 in one account and 400 in my sisters. I'll just wait till the next gold nunchuck of prizes comes out. I do have 20$ in wii points that I bought from a thrift for 3.99 so I'm good there if I really want something.

Thanks for sharing, desousa93, but the physical prizes almost always suck

#50 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

That is true. I got the 3DS case twice when it went up, but that's it. Really want to save my coins for something good, but there isn't much that I want, so the VC games are a nice way to spend the coins (then only spend $1 or $2 to upgrade it to Wii U version).

I got both Kirby Superstar and Paper Mario last month, and I think I'll get both Mario Tennis and Super Punchout this month. Has Mario Tennis aged well?

#51 J7.

J7.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

Also if this matters, Fight Night Round 2 for Gamecube has a full, original copy of Super Punch-Out on the disc playable from the start, so if you're wanting to go a cheaper route for a copy of SPO that is an idea.

That is very good, can be had for ~$5-$7. Only problem would be having to use the gamecube dpad or analog stick to play.

Agreed, unless you have enough points to buy the most expensive items. When a good digital game comes along it's usually a much better value in points. If you find the right physical item you can maybe equal or come close to making as much money on it vs points spent to get it as the digital games.

#52 io

io

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Is Starship Defense the same one that they had on there before? I picked up some game like that and never played it.

Edit: Fired up my 3DS and it appears I have something called "Starship Defense" installed which means it was a Club Nintendo freebie in the past (as I've never bought anything from the 3DS or DSi shops). While it is nice to make this available to people who missed it before, they really need to release some new 3DS/DSi games. With the exception of Paper Mario I pass on all the Wii VC stuff since I'll never play them. So I guess this month maybe I'll get the Kid Icarus thing.

#53 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Definitely jumping on 3D Kid Icarus.

#54 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm just not a big fan of the backgrounds they added to Kid Icarus, love the 3D just wish the backgrounds were more fitting, 8-bit.

I would love to see a lot of SNES games get the same 3D treatment, Castlevania, Actraiser, Super Metroid, and A Link to the Past all come to mind.

You can. Give Nintendo 150 dimes and you can have Paper Mario.

You got me there, I had pennies in mind when I said it. :lol: